Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Fundamentalist,

What you are saying is contradictory. Beloved has taken this part of the calvinist doctrine (elected are saved/non elected are lost) and is being honest to that doctrine - if the doctrine is a correct doctrine there is no point in praying for those that are non elect and lost because there is no salvation for them.

You believe that God has only chosen and elected some for salvation - how can you pray for those that are not elected with any hope that your prayer will be heard?

If you do pray for them your prayer will not be answered and it is empty.
It's only contradiction based on your fallen, perverted, warped, finite understanding of the sovereignty of God. I have only stated what scripture says. I am not going to appease you by compromising my doctrines in order that you can understand.

I try to climb high to meet God's ways, I don't bring Him down to my understanding. What we may perceive as contradictions is only the product of our warped, perverted, fallen, finite, feeble, limited understanding of God's sovereignty. We can never understand fully who God is or His ways. I state what scriptures say, and if any gaps which there are I can only try to use scripture rightly to fill it but if I see no scripture then I must leave it and trust God is good, right and just.

God commands it and when we do what God wants because it give Him the glory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
Fundamentalist
Quote:

What you are saying is contradictory. Beloved has taken this part of the calvinist doctrine (elected are saved/non elected are lost) and is being honest to that doctrine - if the doctrine is a correct doctrine there is no point in praying for those that are non elect and lost because there is no salvation for them.

You believe that God has only chosen and elected some for salvation - how can you pray for those that are not elected with any hope that your prayer will be heard?

If you do pray for them your prayer will not be answered and it is empty.
Quote:
Agree with you, Meerkat. Praying for God to do something that He does not intend to do which some believe, is vain and empty. We are to be people of faith and it does not bring Him any glory. God bless.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Agree with you, Meerkat. Praying for God to do something that He does not intend to do which some believe, is vain and empty. We are to be people of faith and it does not bring Him any glory. God bless.
What does not bring Him glory-What verse is that? Once again using fallen reasoning if you are going to describe God or talk of what His ways are then you are playing God yourself. Witnessing is a waste? praying is a waste? God commands it. All of it gives God the glory. We are to go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

IT GIVES GOD THE GLORY! It's not about us, folks, it never was. It is about His glory.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
praying is a waste?
Yep, if this is your belief.
Quote:

You believe that God has only chosen and elected some for salvation - how can you pray for those that
are not elected with any hope that your prayer will be heard?
It cannot even be a prayer of faith because you would know that God would not save them.

God bless.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Yep, if this is your belief.

It cannot even be a prayer of faith because you would know that God would not save them.

God bless.
How would I know that? Do I have an elect crystal ball? again Shana it doesn't matter if they are the elect or not. God commands it. What are we not getting? let God figure that out, He is God so stop reasoning what gives or doesn't give God the glory because I thought everything gives God the glory?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 PM

So what do you pray, Fundy, in respect to this, that God opens all hearts and draws all to Himself so that they will be saved? Or do you pray that God opens the hearts of the elect and draws them to Hmself? BTW God does not have to figure anything out, Fundy. He sees beginning to end. God bless.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
So what do you pray, Fundy, in respect to this, that God opens all hearts and draws all to Himself so that they will be saved? Or do you pray that God opens the hearts of the elect and draws them to Hmself? God bless.
I pray that God opens the eyes of certain people in this room, Pastors who I believe are on the wrong path and obviously family, friends and acquaintances I have witnessed to.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I pray that God opens the eyes of certain people in this room, Pastors who I believe are on the wrong path and obviously family, friends and acquaintances I have witnessed to

So you don't pray for the salvation of all people, even though you believe that God is begging with them and pleading with all of them, offering salvation to all. God bless.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
So you don't pray for the salvation of all people, even though you believe that God is begging with them and pleading with all of them, offering salvation to all. God bless.
I have never prayed even as an arminian did I ever pray for the salvation of all people? Call it a personal opinion but I like to pray for individuals and I must say my prayers are getting quite long; more and more people being added.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Fundy, if you believe that God wants all to be saved, (begging and pleading with them-your words, Fundy) why would you not pray what is in line with His will? Of course you can imention individuals in your prayers. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity