Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 AM

27 posts, read 39,536 times

Advertisements

For a few weeks, I had been witnessing to someone on another forum. This individual is an agnostic. I could tell that this person was beginning to become a little receptive to the word of the Lord I've shared with them.

Then someone comes out of nowhere on that same board who knows me and was mad at me and decided to publicly bash me about about my room not being clean. Then I could tell that the person I had been witnessing to just lost all faith. I saw this person make a comment in another thread like "as soon as you think someone is genuine, you find out they are a fraud". But I am not a fraud.

My housekeeping habits have nothing to do with my salvation. I can't stand this lie that everybody thinks is in the bible but it's not:

"Cleanliness is Next to Godliness"

Jesus doesn't even care if you aren't clean on the outside, he looks at the inside. So I guess all homeless people must have a ticket to hell because they can't bathe. I think not!

I'm just so upset. That was a soul.

The devil is just busy.

I just ask that you pray for me. I'm really choked up about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 02:42 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
If you love yourself enough, it won't matter what someone else thinks of you.

You should read "When I loved Myself Enough" by Kim McMillen.

No one has the right to tell you how to live or how things should be. You're just trying to make it in this world like everyone else.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:45 AM

173 posts, read 328,340 times
Oh don't be upset..... ..... don't cry.

If a pre-believer cannot accept you and appreciate you for who you are, then perhaps it's time for you to turn over the matter into God's Hands and just pray for him/her. The Bible says no accusation formed against you will prosper and God will vindicate you (Isaiah 54:17)

Take this as a lesson and clean up your room next time .....

Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
My friend I have good news for you. There is nothing we can or can't do to drive people away from God, God is the one who saves; When God calls on him or her they will come-You are just one of many God will use to cross that person's path. You did what God asked you so REJOICE! for you have obeyed God and shared your faith thereby giving God the glory.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Ukiaon} View Post
For a few weeks, I had been witnessing to someone on another forum. This individual is an agnostic. I could tell that this person was beginning to become a little receptive to the word of the Lord I've shared with them.

Then someone comes out of nowhere on that same board who knows me and was mad at me and decided to publicly bash me about about my room not being clean. Then I could tell that the person I had been witnessing to just lost all faith. I saw this person make a comment in another thread like "as soon as you think someone is genuine, you find out they are a fraud". But I am not a fraud.

My housekeeping habits have nothing to do with my salvation. I can't stand this lie that everybody thinks is in the bible but it's not:

"Cleanliness is Next to Godliness"

Jesus doesn't even care if you aren't clean on the outside, he looks at the inside. So I guess all homeless people must have a ticket to hell because they can't bathe. I think not!

I'm just so upset. That was a soul.

The devil is just busy.

I just ask that you pray for me. I'm really choked up about this.

Someone coming to christ is going to happen when God has it planned for that to happen. It is our Job to share the good news because we are instructed to do so. Someone not responding to your witness has nothing inherantly to do with you or them, it simply was not meant to be at that time. This does not mean it will never happen, you may have just been part of the process.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 AM

257 posts, read 443,796 times
Neat freaks can be troublesome sometimes. But those of us who clean up the house only when we want to, do understand.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:13 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
is this a classified ad seeking an illegal house maid?

(should be able to read and write, but not willing to read what's been written or write what could be read.............)

Old 07-07-2009, 07:15 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
How do you think the the billions feel who have not been chosen of God but just been created to be sent to eternal hell to be fried . You are worrying about nothing if the Christian gospel is anything to go by

Old 07-07-2009, 07:18 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How do you think the the billions feel who have not been chosen of God but just been created to be sent to eternal hell to be fried . You are worrying about nothing if the Christian gospel is anything to go by
I am sure Adam and Eve asked the same question before they were booted out of the garden? where are our rights God?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am sure Adam and Eve asked the same question before they were booted out of the garden? where are our rights God?
Do you know why they were taken out of the Garden ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity