Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 AM

419 posts, read 435,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Then God is no different to a tax collector and a pagan. You who believe He only loves an elect few need to be ashamed of yourselves portraying our Father as a pagan tax collector.

46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

The good news is for all . Whosoever believes in Him shall not perish. Or does whosoever mean just the elect in the dictionary of the elect .
You miss the fact that none of us deserve his love at all. He's entirely justified in casting us all into hell. The fact that he'd save ANY of us means he's merciful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
You miss the fact that none of us deserve his love at all. He's entirely justified in casting us all into hell. The fact that he'd save ANY of us means he's merciful.

Why on earth would you believe that the Creator of the universe would be such a monstrous, callous, jerk? Because it would be nothing less than monstrous and the height of callousness and cruelty to bring beings into existence thinking to himself "These beings I just created do not deserve my love at all! As a matter of fact I should torture them forever!" That is a very sad view of our Creator.

My God!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Why on earth would you believe that the Creator of the universe would be such a monstrous, callous, jerk? Because it would be nothing less than monstrous and the height of callousness and cruelty to bring beings into existence thinking to himself "These beings I just created do not deserve my love at all! As a matter of fact I should torture them forever!" That is a very sad view of our Creator.

My God!
You seem to be under the strange notion that the creator of the universe, an infinitely holy and just God could just ignore that which offends him. I find that odd. He told us how to live. Adam and Eve chose to go contrary, and as descendants of him, we inherit their nature to go against God.

You can be reconciled to God by trusting in Christ as the payment for your sin. He's that merciful--that he's willing to die to redeem us.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
You seem to be under the strange notion that the creator of the universe, an infinitely holy and just God could just ignore that which offends him. I find that odd. He told us how to live. Adam and Eve chose to go contrary, and as descendants of him, we inherit their nature to go against God.

You can be reconciled to God by trusting in Christ as the payment for your sin. He's that merciful--that he's willing to die to redeem us.

You seem to be under the strange notion that the Creator of the universe didn't know what he was doing when He created man in the first place. The "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" was put there for a purpose. We are here to learn. Do you believe that the Creator is so blind, so ignorant that He did not know what He was doing...?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
You seem to be under the strange notion that the Creator of the universe didn't know what he was doing when He created man in the first place. The "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" was put there for a purpose. We are here to learn. Do you believe that the Creator is so blind, so ignorant that He did not know what He was doing...?
He knew it would happen. And the plan for a redeemer was there from the beginning. He's that kind and merciful--that he redeemed even me.

What right do you think you have to tell God how to run his creation?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
He knew it would happen. And the plan for a redeemer was there from the beginning. He's that kind and merciful--that he redeemed even me.

What right do you think you have to tell God how to run his creation?

He is that kind and merciful you say, yet a few minutes ago you say how He is entirely justified in casting his beings whom He created into hell. I do not believe you understand what kindess actually is.

Where did I "tell God how to run his creation"?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
You dont know what you talking about..
Yes he does...and if you'd take the time to contemplate within what he's telling you, you would understand it as well.

These are NOT literal stories to be taken literally but spiritual messages imparted in metaphorical and allegorical stories...the messages of which are extremely profound.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 AM

5 posts, read 3,074 times
Default not true?

Quote:
Thats not true, and its whosoever wills..which is limited to those who are made spiritually alive by regeneration or newbirth..
"No man come to the Father except by me" . . . . "No man comes to the son unless the Father draw him" . . . . "If I be lifted up . . . I will draw ALL men unto me" The word in the greek for draw is literally "drag". This I guess is why ultimately, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is lord"

Old 09-25-2012, 10:44 AM

5 posts, read 3,074 times
Quote:
I am blessed, Yes I am[Truly Blessed] to be amongst the few elect to be saved..
How do you know YOU are among the elect???

Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
No He is not justified in sending anyone into such a place. Only our warped understanding of God,of what really happened in Eden and,why it happened would think such a thing. Stop this nonsense that we are poor low down miserable sinners in the eyes of our Heavenly Father in whom we all live and move and have our being,repentance begins when the goodness of God is made known to us(Romans 2:4),not when you realize what a worthless worm you are,it's by believing such nonsense that we act it out.

Christianity needs to repent for putting forth a god that created man in his own image and because man fell short of his expectations sends him into eternal torment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity