Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,157 times

Advertisements

beloved57,

If you can even read the bold face letters in my post #47, just a few posts above this, you would get the central facts concerning the verses in English that you've relied on for supposed proof of the greatest evil imaginable, permanent unending torture.

Nowhere in the Bible are there words to the effect that people will suffer the greatest evil imaginable, permanent unending torture. All you have to do is find it once stated and you'll have proven me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:57 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
beloved57,

If you can even read the bold face letters in my post #47, just a few posts above this, you would get the central facts concerning the verses in English that you've relied on for supposed proof of the greatest evil imaginable, permanent unending torture.

Nowhere in the Bible are there words to the effect that people will suffer the greatest evil imaginable, permanent unending torture. All you have to do is find it once stated and you'll have proven me wrong.
You need to go read the news paper or something, for you definitly dont understand scriptures..

Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 PM

106 posts, read 136,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
You need to go read the news paper or something, for you definitly dont understand scriptures..
LOL What in the world does reading the newspaper have to do with reading the scriptures??

Let me guess? There's so much evil that must be repaid with endless torture? LOL

Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Why don't you read and answer post #47 on page 5? It primarily attempts to make you read the English language versions of the 2 verses you can't seem to read directly without an interpretation that blinds you to the actual words. Maybe they're wrong in English; but, if you can't read what they say, then you can't have any understanding of what they mean.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Why don't you read and answer post #47 on page 5

why dont you go read the funny papers..because your totally lost when it comes to truth..

Old 07-10-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
LOL What in the world does reading the newspaper have to do with reading the scriptures??
You may as well, for reading scripture for you is just digging yourself in a deeper hole and greater condemnantion..

Old 07-11-2009, 03:04 PM

beloved57 does NOT read our posts on purpose. Staying that way will ruin his marriage: a bully, stubborn and self-centered, who only cares to hear his own opinion

Open up and become a patient, caring and thoughtful man, one with an understanding heart full of tender pity.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:27 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
You may as well, for reading scripture for you is just digging yourself in a deeper hole and greater condemnantion..
Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
Jas 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Jas 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
Jas 3:4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity
: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren,
these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
Jas 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Your gospel is one that says love and bless God and curse men and is based on only accepting the scriptures that support your view.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-11-2009 at 03:37 PM..

Old 07-12-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
Jas 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Jas 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
Jas 3:4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
Jas 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Your gospel is one that says love and bless God and curse men and is based on only accepting the scriptures that support your view.
God cursed men...Matt 25:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Old 07-12-2009, 09:16 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
God cursed men...Matt 25:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

No everlasting fire described in a translation labeled LITERAL

The same verse from the Rotherham

(Matthew 25:41) Then, will he say unto those also, on his left hand: Depart ye from me, accursed ones! Into the age-abiding fire, which hath been prepared for the adversary and his messengers;

Now if I am reading this, where will I get the idea that it is everlasting?

Is one right and the other wrong? No, Both are right in the proper perspective, figurative and literal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity