U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2009, 08:25 PM

20,003 posts, read 20,289,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No chance.
There would and should be convincing scriptures at least to leave the people BC.

Because according to your own words there's convincing evidence in the NT ,seems odd that it would not be the same for the OT , where it seems God dealt with sin much more harshly.
Well thanks to Latte Chic here they are:

1. Deuteronomy 32:22
For a fire is kindled in My anger,And shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, And set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
Deuteronomy 32:21-23 (in Context) Deuteronomy 32 (Whole Chapter)
2. Psalm 9:17
[ Meditation. Selah ] The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.
Psalm 9:16-18 (in Context) Psalm 9 (Whole Chapter)
3. Psalm 55:15
Let death seize them;Let them go down alive into hell, For wickedness is in their dwellings and among them.
Psalm 55:14-16 (in Context) Psalm 55 (Whole Chapter)
4. Psalm 139:8
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
Psalm 139:7-9 (in Context) Psalm 139 (Whole Chapter)
5. Proverbs 5:5
Her feet go down to death, Her steps lay hold of hell.
Proverbs 5:4-6 (in Context) Proverbs 5 (Whole Chapter)
6. Proverbs 7:27
Her house is the way to hell, Descending to the chambers of death.
Proverbs 7:26-27 (in Context) Proverbs 7 (Whole Chapter)
7. Proverbs 9:18
But he does not know that the dead are there, That her guests are in the depths of hell.
Proverbs 9:17-18 (in Context) Proverbs 9 (Whole Chapter)
8. Proverbs 15:11
Hell and Destruction are before the LORD; So how much more the hearts of the sons of men.
Proverbs 15:10-12 (in Context) Proverbs 15 (Whole Chapter)
9. Proverbs 15:24
The way of life winds upward for the wise, That he may turn away from hell below.
Proverbs 15:23-25 (in Context) Proverbs 15 (Whole Chapter)
10. Proverbs 23:14
You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell.
Proverbs 23:13-15 (in Context) Proverbs 23 (Whole Chapter)
11. Proverbs 27:20
Hell and Destruction are never full; So the eyes of man are never satisfied.
Proverbs 27:19-21 (in Context) Proverbs 27 (Whole Chapter)
12. Isaiah 14:9
“ Hell from beneath is excited about you, To meet you at your coming; It stirs up the dead for you, All the chief ones of the earth; It has raised up from their thrones All the kings of the nations.
Isaiah 14:8-10 (in Context) Isaiah 14 (Whole Chapter)
13. Ezekiel 31:15
“Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘In the day when it went down to hell, I caused mourning. I covered the deep because of it. I restrained its rivers, and the great waters were held back. I caused Lebanon to mourn for it, and all the trees of the field wilted because of it.
Ezekiel 31:14-16 (in Context) Ezekiel 31 (Whole Chapter)
14. Ezekiel 31:16
I made the nations shake at the sound of its fall, when I cast it down to hell together with those who descend into the Pit; and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, were comforted in the depths of the earth.
Ezekiel 31:15-17 (in Context) Ezekiel 31 (Whole Chapter)
15. Ezekiel 31:17
They also went down to hell with it, with those slain by the sword; and those who were its strong arm dwelt in its shadows among the nations.
Ezekiel 31:16-18 (in Context) Ezekiel 31 (Whole Chapter)
16. Ezekiel 32:21
The strong among the mighty Shall speak to him out of the midst of hell With those who help him: ‘ They have gone down, They lie with the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’
Ezekiel 32:20-22 (in Context) Ezekiel 32 (Whole Chapter)
17. Ezekiel 32:27
They do not lie with the mighty Who are fallen of the uncircumcised, Who have gone down to hell with their weapons of war; They have laid their swords under their heads, But their iniquities will be on their bones, Because of the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.
Ezekiel 32:26-28 (in Context) Ezekiel 32 (Whole Chapter)
18. Amos 9:2
“ Though they dig into hell, From there My hand shall take them; Though they climb up to heaven, From there I will bring them down;
Amos 9:1-3 (in Context) Amos 9 (Whole Chapter)
19. Habakkuk 2:5
[ Woe to the Wicked ] “ Indeed, because he transgresses by wine, He is a proud man, And he does not stay at home. Because he enlarges his desire as hell, And he is like death, and cannot be satisfied, He gathers to himself all nations And heaps up for himself all peoples.
Habakkuk 2:4-6 (in Context) Habakkuk 2 (Whole Chapter)
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 PM

8,990 posts, read 8,457,118 times
Pcamp I know sheol is this and Gehenna is that. Honestly it really isn't going to change anything. I believe an eternal hell is real, as real as my very existence.

9,562 posts, read 5,093,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No mention of hell in the OT? Thank you Latte'Chic!

48,871 posts, read 45,073,226 times
same way i am now by living a hellish life.
but im working on it,
its progress not perfection
i got my asbestos suit in layaway just in case.
fyi the japanese word for suffering is "duka"
wanting what you cant have.

18,948 posts, read 8,789,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
  1. Deuteronomy 32:22
    For a fire is kindled in My anger,And shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, And set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
    Deuteronomy 32:21-23 (in Context) Deuteronomy 32 (Whole Chapter)
  2. Psalm 9:17
    [ Meditation. Selah ] The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.
    Psalm 9:16-18 (in Context) Psalm 9 (Whole Chapter)
  3. Psalm 55:15
    Let death seize them;Let them go down alive into hell, For wickedness is in their dwellings and among them.
    Psalm 55:14-16 (in Context) Psalm 55 (Whole Chapter)
  4. Psalm 139:8
    If I ascend into heaven, You are there;If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
    Psalm 139:7-9 (in Context) Psalm 139 (Whole Chapter)
  5. Proverbs 5:5
    Her feet go down to death, Her steps lay hold of hell.
    Proverbs 5:4-6 (in Context) Proverbs 5 (Whole Chapter)
  6. Proverbs 7:27
    Her house is the way to hell, Descending to the chambers of death.
    Proverbs 7:26-27 (in Context) Proverbs 7 (Whole Chapter)
  7. Proverbs 9:18
    But he does not know that the dead are there, That her guests are in the depths of hell.
    Proverbs 9:17-18 (in Context) Proverbs 9 (Whole Chapter)
  8. Proverbs 15:11
    Hell and Destruction are before the LORD; So how much more the hearts of the sons of men.
    Proverbs 15:10-12 (in Context) Proverbs 15 (Whole Chapter)
  9. Proverbs 15:24
    The way of life winds upward for the wise, That he may turn away from hell below.
    Proverbs 15:23-25 (in Context) Proverbs 15 (Whole Chapter)
  10. Proverbs 23:14
    You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell.
    Proverbs 23:13-15 (in Context) Proverbs 23 (Whole Chapter)
  11. Proverbs 27:20
    Hell and Destruction are never full; So the eyes of man are never satisfied.
    Proverbs 27:19-21 (in Context) Proverbs 27 (Whole Chapter)
  12. Isaiah 14:9
    “ Hell from beneath is excited about you, To meet you at your coming; It stirs up the dead for you, All the chief ones of the earth; It has raised up from their thrones All the kings of the nations.
    Isaiah 14:8-10 (in Context) Isaiah 14 (Whole Chapter)
  13. Ezekiel 31:15
    “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘In the day when it went down to hell, I caused mourning. I covered the deep because of it. I restrained its rivers, and the great waters were held back. I caused Lebanon to mourn for it, and all the trees of the field wilted because of it.
    Ezekiel 31:14-16 (in Context) Ezekiel 31 (Whole Chapter)
  14. Ezekiel 31:16
    I made the nations shake at the sound of its fall, when I cast it down to hell together with those who descend into the Pit; and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, were comforted in the depths of the earth.
    Ezekiel 31:15-17 (in Context) Ezekiel 31 (Whole Chapter)
  15. Ezekiel 31:17
    They also went down to hell with it, with those slain by the sword; and those who were its strong arm dwelt in its shadows among the nations.
    Ezekiel 31:16-18 (in Context) Ezekiel 31 (Whole Chapter)
  16. Ezekiel 32:21
    The strong among the mighty Shall speak to him out of the midst of hell With those who help him: ‘ They have gone down, They lie with the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’
    Ezekiel 32:20-22 (in Context) Ezekiel 32 (Whole Chapter)
  17. Ezekiel 32:27
    They do not lie with the mighty Who are fallen of the uncircumcised, Who have gone down to hell with their weapons of war; They have laid their swords under their heads, But their iniquities will be on their bones, Because of the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.
    Ezekiel 32:26-28 (in Context) Ezekiel 32 (Whole Chapter)
  18. Amos 9:2
    “ Though they dig into hell, From there My hand shall take them; Though they climb up to heaven, From there I will bring them down;
    Amos 9:1-3 (in Context) Amos 9 (Whole Chapter)
  19. Habakkuk 2:5
    [ Woe to the Wicked ] “ Indeed, because he transgresses by wine, He is a proud man, And he does not stay at home. Because he enlarges his desire as hell, And he is like death, and cannot be satisfied, He gathers to himself all nations And heaps up for himself all peoples.
    Habakkuk 2:4-6 (in Context) Habakkuk 2 (Whole Chapter)
Every mention of hell in those verses are mistranslated , and should say hades ,sheol, gehenna and tartarus.Not one of the correct translations refers to eternal hell.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Every mention of hell in those verses are mistranslated , and should say hades ,sheol, gehenna and tartarus.Not one of the correct translations refers to eternal hell.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Pcamp I know sheol is this and Gehenna is that. Honestly it really isn't going to change anything. I believe an eternal hell is real, as real as my very existence.
Well fundy at least you acknowledge that these words do not mean eternal hell .
Can you explain to Latte Chic and ILNC why they do not mean eternal hell , because they will never receive it from someone who believes Jesus is the Savior of All. (where have i heard a similar comment to that before)

Oh yea the rich man talking to Abraham send Lazarus to the house of my brothers.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 PM

9,562 posts, read 5,093,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I know what ya expect.....ILNC!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Why the It is fact that these are the words in the original text and not one of them means eternal torment.
Why are you so opposed to it ? , no one is questioning God's word , what is in question is the fact that there is mistranslations in our bibles .
Why can't you be open minded enough to check it out ?

Goodnight

Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I know what ya expect.....ILNC!
Yes that is exactly what I expected, you post the truth and someone makes an attempt to change it to fit their belief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity