Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Stop trying to convince someone who is not listening to you. Matt 7:6 Jesus said there is a time to stop.

Amen!
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Good night girls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 08:26 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Stop trying to convince someone who is not listening to you. Matt 7:6 Jesus said there is a time to stop.

Amen!
You are right.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:32 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
You wrote all of this to say that God is love. You don't get it, I never said that God is not love. It is obvious of that. You keep saying the same thing over, do you have a bad memory. I never said that God wasn't love. I am saying that God will judge the wicked and some have already been punished and destroyed. Oh, I'm sure you will come up with a one page essay, of the same thing God is love.

So let me start it for you God is love:Just because God is love, doesn't mean that He want destroy the wicked.

I know that I write what I write because I want to.

If my memory is bad perhaps the goodness God has instilled into you will allow you to have some understanding.

I did address things that you write about concerning the wicked and it is your prerogative to disagree and not consider them. It is very good that we have the freedom to think for ourselves.

I am sure that you do not mean to demean me, but someone who takes things personally to easily would confuse your wisdom as insulting. Just an observation.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I know that I write what I write because I want to.

If my memory is bad perhaps the goodness God has instilled into you will allow you to have some understanding.

I did address things that you write about concerning the wicked and it is your prerogative to disagree and not consider them. It is very good that we have the freedom to think for ourselves.

I am sure that you do not mean to demean me, but someone who takes things personally to easily would confuse your wisdom as insulting. Just an observation.
I'm not trying to insult you but it seems like you are saying the same thing over, when I never said anything against what you are saying.

We both get the idea that God is love, maybe we disagree on God punishing the wicked, but don't get the point of you pushing that God is love, of course He is, I never said other wise.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I'm not trying to insult you but it seems like you are saying the same thing over, when I never said anything against what you are saying.

We both get the idea that God is love, maybe we disagree on God punishing the wicked, but don't get the point of you pushing that God is love, of course He is, i never said other wise.

Don't know that I felt I was pushing it, I was explaining some issues and thats how I described it, if there was too many uses of the word love it was just a result of what I see everything God does is through. It was nothing intentional towards you if thats how you perceived it.

We do seem to disagree on the nature of Gods judgments, I'm ok with that if you are.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Don't know that I felt I was pushing it, I was explaining some issues and thats how I described it, if there was too many uses of the word love it was just a result of what I see everything God does is through. It was nothing intentional towards you if thats how you perceived it.

We do seem to disagree on the nature of Gods judgments, I'm ok with that if you are.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:50 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
Quote:
What is the fixation on the OT? God is the same throughout the Bible.
yes. But isn't it strange then, that while the Old Testament is utterly silent on the subject of supposed endless punishment, the New Testament might appear to teach such doctrine? Did God change, did God decide to create hell in the time between the Old and New Testament was written, did God borrow it from the paganized Jews, or do simply too much people ignorantly missinterpret, or willfully twist the New Testament?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:00 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
Quote:
yes. But isn't it strange then, that while the Old Testament is utterly silent on the subject of supposed endless punishment
Its silent to you..since when do you speak for everyone else ?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Its silent to you..since when do you speak for everyone else ?
I don't it simply is not there Beloved 57.

How ya doing anyway ? .

Old 07-09-2009, 07:07 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
Quote:
I don't it simply is not there Beloved 57.
Its not there to you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity