Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:50 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Legoman don't get your knickers in a twist i am actually agreeing with you. It's absurd as far as i am concerned that God is obligated , maybe i said it wrong.

You obviously don't read my posts, i don't blame you
No problem, no knickers twisted here . Yes I do read your posts, but just trying to clarify what God's obligations are.

If I meet you in the morning, and say I'm going to buy you lunch, I have just obligated myself to buy you lunch. I am obligated to do what I said I would do, unless I am a big fat liar.

Likewise, God has revealed many things about Himself and what He will do in His holy scriptures. Thus He has obligated Himself to do what He has said. I don't think God is a big fat liar.

(pcamps I know you weren't suggesting this)

To say that God is not obligated to save anyone is to ignore the many many scriptures that say the opposite.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
I agree, and his WORD is Covenantal. Old Covenant, New Covenant!

The LORD did not set his LOVE UPON YOU, NOR CHOOSE YOU, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were fewest of all people: But because he would keep the OATH which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
(Deut.7:7-8)

God's love for Israell was Covenantal
Yes it was a marriage but Israel chose to "*****" (that is in the bible) around..

Old 07-08-2009, 02:28 PM

36 posts, read 79,433 times
Darwin went out trying to prove that there is no God and through all his reserch and studying, guess what? He came to know Christ. Knowing that God is the God is through faith. God says I am the way the truth and the light. If you truly want to know...pray, read his word and live by it. Then you will know and see the truth and he will show you the way. To the one's that don't belive in my Lord Jesus and argue with me that because they can't see him that he is not real and then I say you show me air, we know its there eventhough we cannot see it.
I TOTALLY agree with pcamps! I dont belong to a religion I BELONG TO GOD!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly01 View Post
Darwin went out trying to prove that there is no God and through all his reserch and studying, guess what? He came to know Christ. Knowing that God is the God is through faith. God says I am the way the truth and the light. If you truly want to know...pray, read his word and live by it. Then you will know and see the truth and he will show you the way. To the one's that don't belive in my Lord Jesus and argue with me that because they can't see him that he is not real and then I say you show me air, we know its there eventhough we cannot see it.
I TOTALLY agree with pcamps! I dont belong to a religion I BELONG TO GOD!!!
I wish that were true but Charles Darwin wasn't a Christian

Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I wish that were true but Charles Darwin wasn't a Christian
It's disputed, Fundie. The PPP and the Pestapo have spent decades of effort, money and propaganda to sell his atheism to popular ends.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
It's disputed, Fundie. The PPP and the Pestapo have spent decades of effort, money and propaganda to sell his atheism to popular ends.
Ya I know but as far as I heard he was unrepentant on his death bed.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Ya I know but as far as I heard he was unrepentant on his death bed.
He had his doubts and his personal disillusionment with the church which was on his tail all his life. But he wasn't a schizo-atheist like the zealots on the A&A board.

He was a genius who was beyond his age and time and the church didn't treat him with respect, his theory is a wholly different matter

Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
He had his doubts and his personal disillusionment with the church which was on his tail all his life. But he wasn't a schizo-atheist like the zealots on the A&A board.

He was a genius who was beyond his age and time and the church didn't treat him with respect, his theory is a wholly different matter
especially when he lost his young daughter

Old 07-08-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
especially when he lost his young daughter
Yes. And it's a shame he's been demonized by the exploits of the crowd who made this humble man their poster boy

Old 07-08-2009, 07:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Yes. And it's a shame he's been demonized by the exploits of the crowd who made this humble man their poster boy
Tragic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity