Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 12:23 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The way you phrase that question makes it sound like there will be wicked people running around heaven with God. That is not what I believe. The wicked will be converted (just like I was and still am being converted).

The reason the wicked are destroyed is because their wickedness will be destroyed. When one no longer practices wickedness, they are no longer wicked.

The wicked self - the old man - our carnal nature must die. That is the wicked that will be destroyed.

I mentioned earlier about Saul's conversion to Paul. Saul was truly wicked. Paul was not. Where did Saul go? He was destroyed.

Once God is done with us, there will be no wickedness and thus no wicked left.

YES!!

His plan is perfect.
We would have NEVER truly understood or appreciated LOVE if we never experienced the contrast of the opposite (non-love).

Jesus on the cross is the ULTIMATE expression of love.
Every knee WILL bow.
Not "most knees will bow, and those that don't are tortured forever"

Every knee will bow.
Every human being, EVERY human being will finally, ultimately put their faith and TRUST in Jesus, the saviour of ALL MEN.

Why can't we TRUST and have FAITH in what our loving Father is telling us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
How can anyone forever refuse to come to the Lord? God's power to convince is greater than that, Miss Shawn God bless.

Psalms 22:
27. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
28. For the kingdom is the LORD'S
And He rules over the nations.
29. All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep his soul alive

Psalms 66
4. "All the earth will worship You,
And will sing praises to You;
They will sing praises to Your name." Selah

Old 07-11-2009, 12:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Another question, can you not answer a question straight forward with out a question?

Jesus said that He came that they might have life and have it more abundantly."

Does this say that Jesus came that all might have life?

The scriptures says that the wicked will be destroyed, does it not?
Yes the wicked will be destroyed ,this is what you want to hear but have no understanding of why we are being destroyed. Now answer my questions all of them please.

First one
Does Jesus save or destroy ? yes or no

To perish , does it mean you are bound for ET ? yes or no.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:25 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
How can anyone forever refuse to come to the Lord? God's power to convince is greater than that, Miss Shawn God bless.
I don't know, I just know that they are said to be destroyed.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Where does it say they will refuse to come Miss Shawn ?

Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 PM

Yes, they will be destroyed, Miss Shawn, but they will also be changed, just as the earth perishes, is destroyed and will be changed. Destruction comes before restoration. There is a scripture which says, "He turns men to destruction and says, return O children of men. " Destruction is not the end, Miss Shawn. God bless.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:28 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, in Christ there is life, but what about the people who refuse to come to Christ? Will they have life if they don't come to Him, Jesus said you refuse to come to me to have life.
No. As a believer, surely you understand the difference when you cling to God and when you DON'T cling to God? Surely you understand the LIFE that you have when you CLING? Correct? Everyday, we go through trials and tribulations, and it is when we cling to God, the SOURCE of life that we understand that "In Christ there is LIFE..."

but... remember.
every knee will bow and ALL will confess (put their faith and trust in) Jesus Christ. Have Faith. His plan is 100% perfect. If just ONE ended up not ultimately putting their faith in and trusting Jesus, then his plan would not be 100% perfect.

Have faith.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes the wicked will be destroyed ,this is what you want to hear but have no understanding of why we are being destroyed. Now answer my questions all of them please.

First one
Does Jesus save or destroy ? yes or no

To perish , does it mean you are bound for ET ? yes or no.
That was all I was asking, Geese what is so hard about that. I don't no why the scripture is saying that the wicked are being destroyed. I take it for being disobedient.

I don't have a problem with everyone being with God, and I would hope that all will. I am merely reading scripture, that's all. Jesus saves, but I also know that Jesus can destroy, I am not saying that He is or will, I am only reading scripture.

I never said that God will kill, or destroy, I put the scripture that said what it said, that is all.

I never said that I was bound to ET, I said that I believe the wicked are going to be destroyed and it will be eternal. The word perish does not bound me to ET, the scriptures bounds me to what it says.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Yes, they will be destroyed, Miss Shawn, but they will also be changed, just as the earth perishes, is destroyed and will be changed. Destruction comes before restoration. There is a scripture which says, "He turns men to destruction and says, return O children of men. " Destruction is not the end, Miss Shawn. God bless.
I wish I could say that, but it doesn't say that the wicked are going to be changed.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:33 PM

Were we once "wicked", Miss Shawn? God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity