Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:40 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,659,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
lol
See.... ^^^^
Thanks for confirming the spirit of this place!!

Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

Proverbs 28:28
When the wicked arise, men hide themselves; but when they perish, the righteous increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 07:46 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
See.... ^^^^
Thanks for confirming the spirit of this place!!

Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

Proverbs 28:28
When the wicked arise, men hide themselves; but when they perish, the righteous increase.
So it's everybody else but yourself ,and hear you go again quoting scripture at people.Not the spirit of Christ..

Old 07-12-2009, 07:56 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,659,947 times
Isn't it funny how Satan hates the word quoted.....
He hated when Jesus did it in the wilderness also, when He spoke it to the Pharisees....it is the power of God....given to His people for our weapon against wickedness!!!

Blessings

Old 07-12-2009, 07:57 AM

14,691 posts, read 17,026,769 times
Quote:
Who believes Jesus saves all? Who believes that ultimately Christ has been victorious over sin and death? What victory is greater partial or total? That some will be saved or all?
Quote:
No...I think you are humanizing God.
Now you think of all the cruel things you are saying about those who go by faith, and accept all of the word of God.

I cannot understand dissecting and picking apart the scriptures ! I shall continue to accept them by faith, And leave the ultimate outcome to God....where it belongs.

I wonder how you can stand to read of the way God had the Israelites do the heathen. He had them destroy man, woman, and child! Our modern way of thinking considers that as extremely cruel!
Believing that God has all power and is able to accomplish His purposes is not humanizing God, Towhee. The scriptures teach that God is love, not hate. Those who believe that God will eventually reign in every heart accept the judgments of God. We have stated this time and time again, but we believe that they are for a higher purpose. God's punishments in the OT had a purpose. We have never question them, but show that never ending punishment is not based on the scriptures and that the teaching demeans the character of God. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-12-2009 at 08:09 AM..

Old 07-12-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Believing that God has all power and is able to accomplish His purposes is not humanizing God, Towhee. The scriptures teach that God is love, not hate. Those who believe that God will eventually reign in every heart accept the judgments of God. We have stated this time and time again, but we believe that they are for a higher purpose. God's punishments in the OT had a purpose. We have never questione them, but show that never ending punishment is not based on the scriptures and the teaching demeans the character of God. God bless.
Amen

To believe God deals with manknd how man deals with mankind in my book is humanizing .

It's man who tortures with no purpose.

As anyone ever stopped to think that God is not a mass murderer ?

Old 07-12-2009, 08:08 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,523,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
lol

He who laughs last laughs longest.....

Old 07-12-2009, 08:09 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,319,104 times
well I must admit, I don't appreciate all of the posts of universalists here

however, the bible declares the salvation of all men in many places:

John 1:9; John 12:32; 1 John 2:2; Romans 5:18.19; 1 Timothy 2:6, 4:9-11; Colossians 1:20; 1 Corinthians 15:22

that so many deny the plain meanings of these verses is sad but no reason to become polemic and it's not wise in my opinion to teach the reconciliation of the whole (Col. 1:20) with "violence" and by insulting others; yet those who deny these verses above and insist on mistranslations that have been explained over and over again are not guiltless in my opinion and misrepresent God and the gospel.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:16 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,523,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
well I must admit, I don't appreciate all of the posts of universalists here

however, the bible declares the salvation of all men in many places:

John 1:9; John 12:32; 1 John 2:2; Romans 5:18.19; 1 Timothy 2:6, 4:9-11; Colossians 1:20; 1 Corinthians 15:22

that so many deny the plain meanings of these verses is sad but no reason to become polemic and it's not wise in my opinion to teach the reconciliation of the whole (Col. 1:20) with "violence" and by insulting others; yet those who deny these verses above and insist on mistranslations that have been explained over and over again are not guiltless in my opinion and misrepresent God and the gospel.

But all of those scriptures have been pointed out as speaking of God's people.It is written..."Many will be called, but few chosen".
How do you interpret "few" ??

Old 07-12-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
He who laughs last laughs longest.....
Towhee i was laughing at the fact that it's everbody else but ourselves comment .
Not laughing at Latte , but what she is saying.

I do not think it's fitting to call me wicked because i disagree with her on ET, and that is how i took it, because this is what it's really all about, defending the gates of hades.

It's always those who reject ET who are the bad people on here .

Old 07-12-2009, 08:21 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,319,104 times
Quote:
But all of those scriptures have been pointed out as speaking of God's people.It is written..."Many will be called, but few chosen".
How do you interpret "few" ??
and so you reason, these "all", always mean that "few", that makes no sense to me, few are few and all are all

e.g. in Colossians 1:20 it's "the whole", everything that God has created, that is not "few"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity