Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:17 PM

136 posts, read 203,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Gee, no wonder Jesus spoke about the plank in our own eye...

When is the last time any of us picked up a dying person off the streets, infested with maggots and took them in, gave them a cup of cold water, and some dignity before they died.
Thats right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 741 times
Even Jesus Christ had enemies. Fault finders are everywhere and it is impossible to please everyone. Pleasing God should be our only goal and I am sure He is well pleased with her works.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,108 times
Given the state of today's Catholic Church, I don't blame her one bit for not converting people, which was not her mission. She is a true saint IMO.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:36 PM

64 posts, read 62,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello all View Post
Even Jesus Christ had enemies. Fault finders are everywhere and it is impossible to please everyone. Pleasing God should be our only goal and I am sure He is well pleased with her works.
Gotta say I am a tad surprised by this thread. She, in her love for Christ, reached out and gave love and dignity, water, food and clothing to the poor, suffering and dying and she did this most of her life. She did as Christ asks in Matthew 25:31-40. She made her love of Christ known through her actions and, as a result, many women and men were converted to christianity.

Now where did I put that beam again...oh, my eye.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM

889 posts, read 825,357 times
Ask yourself how many people converted to Catholicism because of Mother Teresa's witness, faith and actions. The world may never know, but I bet it's more than a few.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:42 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
Mother Teresa was not a saint.

If Mother Teresa was a true saint she would have at least tried to convert those she took care of in India. She didn't. To this day, conversion is not one of the main aims of the order she founded....Catholic Missionaries of Charity.

Mother Teresa didn't even convert people on their deathbeds.

She once said: "I love all religions." So, does that mean she loves the religions of Satan, idolatry, and religions that reject Christ?

Mother Teresa worshiped and knelt before a statue of Buddha. She encouraged others to pray to their own "god". Her nuns even participated in pagan rites of non-Christian religions.

Mother Teresa once said that "these non-Catholics are going to Heaven even if they reject Christ, as long as they are good people." So man and his choice of religion are more important than Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:11-12: "And this is the testimony, that God has given us to eternal life. And this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son, hath life. He that hath not the Son, hath not life."

intellectual product of Bro. Michael Dimond, Bro. Peter Dimond

Wasn't her job to convert anyone in the first place.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Jeeeeeeeeeeez...this is one of the exact reasons I completely abandoned Christianity....the fact that it's filled with NOTHING BUT FAKE CHRISTIANS. Ya'll can't even find the GOOD in a person like Mother Teresa...let alone anyone else. Bunch of HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:33 AM

889 posts, read 825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Jeeeeeeeeeeez...this is one of the exact reasons I completely abandoned Christianity....the fact that it's filled with NOTHING BUT FAKE CHRISTIANS. Ya'll can't even find the GOOD in a person like Mother Teresa...let alone anyone else. Bunch of HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A foolish reason to avoid Christianity. Folks are weak, Christianity is sound. There are plenty of good Christians out there like Mother Teresa who work hard in service of their fellow man. These people usually work with complete anonymity with no worldly reward. They go by the grace of God.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:09 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Given the un-saintly character of those in the hierarchy making the decisions on sainthood . . . I believe Mother Theresa would be pleased not to have their worthless endorsement.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:15 PM

64 posts, read 62,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Given the un-saintly character of those in the hierarchy making the decisions on sainthood . . . I believe Mother Theresa would be pleased not to have their worthless endorsement.
Mother Teresa adored JPII and, if I recall correctly, it was under JPII that she was beatified and give the title blessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity