Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 08:10 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,377,142 times

Advertisements

jude:

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Any teachings about Gods Saving Grace thats not according to the Truth is a turning the Grace of God into something it ought not be, which is very displeasing to the LORD, and seals the condemnation of those who do such a terrible thing, and yes, they were of old appointed thereunto..

Todays false teachers have taken what God unconditionally bestows freely and Sovereignly upon some [ the election of grace rom 11:5] and proclaim that it [Grace] is offered to all..This is absolutely false !

If grace is something offered to all, it has lost its main distinction, and if its up to the sinner to either accept it or reject it, then ones accepting it and anothers rejecting it then it becomes a meritorious act of mine[or the one accepting grace], and contrary to the nature of grace, i now have ground for boasting..

If some refuse and reject grace offered, and I [or others] recieve it, then its because I have more sense then they do, or my heart is more softer than theirs, or I was less obstinate, less sinful, and so if asked, who made thee to differ [ 1 cor 4:7] since it wasnt Gods Sovereign grace, then the truthful answer would be, I made my own self to differ, and then that places the crown of honor and glory upon our own head..

This today is a result of not teaching scripturally the true doctrines of grace, and there discrimnanting nature..

This is perverting the Grace of God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 08:21 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,051,699 times
What the epistle is saying is, the likes of you have come in perverted the grace and love of God by breathing threats at those who Jesus went to Calvary for .

Old 07-11-2009, 08:26 AM

13 posts, read 25,641 times
God's grace is to All, The people that have not verbally accepted it, are the still walking the earth?, That is by the Grace of God Amen.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:42 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,377,142 times
Quote:
God's grace is to All,
No its not, you reject the truth and obviously your proud ..

Old 07-11-2009, 11:36 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,278,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
No its not, you reject the truth and obviously your proud ..
Actually God's grace is for all, but all will not come to Christ. It is God's will that all be saved, but we have free will to choice death if we like.

Jesus said that you refuse to come to me to have life, so there are some who refuse to come to Jesus and in return they want have life with Him.

I'm not sure what you believe, but God doesn't hand pick who He wants to be with Him and who He want to be in Hell. He gave us free will to choose, Him, or death.

If someone is sent to hell, then that was because they refused to come to God, and there choice sent them there. God didn't create them already sending them to hell, they went outside of His will and did there own thing.

Saul in the bible started out walking with God, but then turned away from God. In turn God stop speaking to him, due to his disobedience. But did God create Saul only to send him to hell, no, he created Saul to have fellowship with him, but Saul fell away from God. What Saul did, was that God's will, or Saul's will?

God created us to have fellowship with Him, but He want twist our arms and make us worship Him. That is our choice. If we are in line with God, then we will be with Him, if we are not, then we want be with Him. Plain and simple.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:39 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,051,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Actually God's grace is for all, but all will not come to Christ. It is God's will that all be saved, but we have free will to choice death if we like.

Jesus said that you refuse to come to me to have life, so there are some who refuse to come to Jesus and in return they want have life with Him.

I'm not sure what you believe, but God doesn't hand pick who He wants to be with Him and who He want to be in Hell. He gave us free will to choose, Him, or death.

If someone is sent to hell, then that was because they refused to come to God, and there choice sent them there. God didn't create them already sending them to hell, they went outside of His will and did there own thing.

Saul in the bible started out walking with God, but then turned away from God. In turn God stop speaking to him, due to his disobedience. But did God create Saul only to send him to hell, no, he created Saul to have fellowship with him, but Saul fell away from God. What Saul did, was that God's will, or Saul's will?

God created us to have fellowship with Him, but He want twist our arms and make us worship Him. That is our choice. If we are in line with God, then we will be with Him, if we are not, then we want be with Him. Plain and simple.
Where does it say all will not come to Christ ?

I refused for years , but finally yielded , so that's a very invalid point.

You did not choose Him, he chose you .

Old 07-11-2009, 11:40 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,905,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
This is perverting the Grace of God
You have no choice but to agree (ac cording to your own teachings) that if a person is perverting the Grace of God, then God choose to make them pervert his Grace. So God perverts his own grace based on your doctrine.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where does it say all will not come to Christ ?

I refused for years , but finally yielded , so that's a very invalid point.

You did not choose Him, he chose you .
I already did, Jesus said you refuse to come to me to have life.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:46 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,905,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
, but all will not come to Christ

Phl 2:10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean,
Phl 2:11 and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father.

Wait for it......

Old 07-11-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Phl 2:10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean,
Phl 2:11 and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father.

Wait for it......
I already answered this also. Every knee bowing, tongue acclaiming, where does it say that they are coming to Him. It is said that they must do this when He comes, but does it say that the wicked will be with Him?

The wicked will be brought to their knees, but where will they be and what does it say will happen to them? They will be destroyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity