U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 AM

30,165 posts, read 19,971,676 times

Advertisements

Similar to the one the Lord God asked Adam

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

Where is Adam now ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 10:39 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
S But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

Where is Adam now ?
At that point in the story Adam and Eve were in hiding in the trees.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
At that point in the story Adam and Eve were in hiding in the trees.
My question is where are they now ?.

I think with God saying "where are you" would seem to say they were lost.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
My question is where are they now ?.
Now?
Well they died, so their dead bodies have turned into other things...

Old 07-12-2009, 11:23 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Quote:
Similar to the one the Lord God asked Adam

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

Where is Adam now ?
GOD was speaking of Adam's role; Adam is the leader, he is the protector. He was not at Eve's side when she was talking to the snake and he did not show his leadership by rebuking Eve instead he followed and took part of the fruit.

Adam...where are you? A warning for all men with families, we are the leaders, we are the protectors; that is the role GOD gave us.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
He was not at Eve's side when she was talking to the snake .
I tend to disagree ...

I think I remember something in the text where we read that her husband was with her...
To me I get the hint from this that adam and eve were right there with the snake ,

Old 07-12-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
He was speaking of Adam's role; Adam is the leader, he is the protector. He was not at Eve's side when she was talking to the snake and he did not show his leadership by rebuking Eve instead he followed and took part of the fruit.

Adam...where are you? A lesson for men with families, we are the leader, we are the protectors; that is the role God gave us.
My question is where is Adam now ?

"Where are you" was speaking of Adams role as a leader and protector

It was a question not a teaching .

Old 07-12-2009, 11:29 AM

The way I read the story, is that Eve adds to the Commandment, and Adam says nothing to correct her...nor does the Snake correct her.

I also see in the text that adam and Eve were both there at the time,...leading me to the idea that Adam did not correct Eve for a reason.

and that fit into the idea that the first "sin" is always blamed on Adam,,,not on Adam and Eve...

Old 07-12-2009, 11:30 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I tend to disagree ...

I think I remember something in the text where we read that her husband was with her...
To me I get the hint from this that adam and eve were right there with the snake ,
No he wasn't there with eve and the snake. Eve tempted Adam. Eve blamed the snake and Adam blamed Eve.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
No he wasn't there with eve and the snake. .
I think the Text says he was...and I dont believe any place in the Bible it suggests Eve tempted Adam....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity