Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:37 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,759 times

Advertisements

The Jews in Jesus and Pauls day, had misunderstood the promises of God and the message of the prophets to the seed of abraham..for first of all they misunderstood the nature of the promise blessings, for they thought them to be natural and earthly, but instead they were spiritual and

heavenly..i.3 the Land..the land the Father of the Faithful believed God for was not earthly but spiritual and heavenly..heb 11:

Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

And secondly, they [the jews] did not understand that the prophetic promises were never for abrahams natural seed, but for His spiritual seed [children of promise] those being composed of the israel of God, and those who had not merely physical signs of being jewis [as circumcision of the flesh]

but those who had spiritual circuncision and walked in the steps of their faithful father abraham, which he had [faith] before he was circumcised..rom 4:

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Who is the Israel of promise ? rom 9:

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Who are the Jews of promise ? rom 2:

28For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Who are the circumcision of promise ? phil 3:

3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Who are the seed of abraham of promise ? gal 3:

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You see, the natural Jews had it all wrong, and still to this day they are wrong, and now many protestants and those in false religon still have it wrong..

They [The Jews] did not understand the nature of the promises and the objects of the promises..or the people to whom they pertaineth..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,090 times
There is much depth of understanding offered in the succession of the temple's of God. 1.) Moses' tabernacle in the wilderness, 2.) David's "tottering tent," 3.) the temple of Solomon, 4.) Ezekiel's Temple Vision, 5.) the restoration temple (under Zerubbabel and Herod,) 6.) Emmanuel, the temple of His human body, the person of Jesus the Messiah, 7.) now as a many membered body with the immortal ascended head Jesus in our midst, and 8.) His revelation from whence He dwells, which is the glorification of the sons of God. This is the ruling body over all the earth during the age of the Feast of Tabernacles, the Millennium.

The context of the Acts 15 reference to the tabernacle of David has to do with whether or not people could come to God without the system of sacrifices, the temple and priests as well as so much of what we call "the Law." Peter points to them already receiving the Holy Spirit apart from circumcision or priest, without the whole thing under Moses. Peter points to when it happened before: when David had the ark in a tent in his back yard. He instituted round the clock worship with instruments, some of which he created, and singing and dancing. People had direct access to God and worshipped Him continuously.

The application to our time is people who may know little of the Bible, yet worship in the presence of Jesus pouring out His Holy Spirit. We have direct access without Pastor and Priest who have undermined this restoration by replacing the headship of the living and present Christ with themselves. We are the many membered body of Christ. We are the true ark. Hallelujah!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:16 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
The Jews in Jesus and Pauls day, had misunderstood the promises of God and the message of the prophets to the seed of abraham..for first of all they misunderstood the nature of the promise blessings, for they thought them to be natural and earthly, but instead they were spiritual and

heavenly..i.3 the Land..the land the Father of the Faithful believed God for was not earthly but spiritual and heavenly..heb 11:

Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

And secondly, they [the jews] did not understand that the prophetic promises were never for abrahams natural seed, but for His spiritual seed [children of promise] those being composed of the israel of God, and those who had not merely physical signs of being jewis [as circumcision of the flesh]

but those who had spiritual circuncision and walked in the steps of their faithful father abraham, which he had [faith] before he was circumcised..rom 4:

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Who is the Israel of promise ? rom 9:

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Who are the Jews of promise ? rom 2:

28For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Who are the circumcision of promise ? phil 3:

3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Who are the seed of abraham of promise ? gal 3:

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You see, the natural Jews had it all wrong, and still to this day they are wrong, and now many protestants and those in false religon still have it wrong..

They [The Jews] did not understand the nature of the promises and the objects of the promises..or the people to whom they pertaineth..
Gods people today are those who imbrace Jesus Christ. The Jewish people are in error, and have been from the beginning. Yet, this should not side track us from the fact that God is still going to use the nation of Israel to reveal to the world who He is. And not only will the world see who God is, so will the Jewish people. Now, if you are intrested in how that is going to occur, all you need do, is read Ezekiel chapters 36,37,38, and 39. These chapters clearly tell you, these events will occur in the (LAST DAYS). And these chapters specifically speak of the land of Israel, Jerusalem, and the Jewish people. There has been in the past, and even today groups that tried to use what is called replacement theology. They have tried to suggest that Christians are now Israel. Yet the problem with this, is the fact that all the prophecies of the Bible have been fulfilled literally. And to now suggest that it is the church that has taken over the Jewish roll, well, that simply will not work. And it only leaves one in confusion, because the prophecies do not fit the church, and never will. And I would say it is the false religions that are ignoring these prophecies. I have found this especially true, when speaking with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Yet, this should not side track us from the fact that God is still going to use the nation of Israel to reveal to the world who He is.
quit dreaming.. God doesnt need that nation for that..

Quote:
And these chapters specifically speak of the land of Israel, Jerusalem, and the Jewish people.
Your decieved, you dont understand the nature of the prphecies nor the people as well..

Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
quit dreaming.. God doesnt need that nation for that..

Your decieved, you dont understand the nature of the prphecies nor the people as well..

The God of the Old Testament states that in the (Last Days), He will return the people of Israel to their own land. I have read the prophecies for many years now, and I am not decieved. God is not a liar, and I believe what God has clearly stated. And only an organized cult, with a personal religious bias, would disagree with God's own Words.

Ezekiel 38:14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

Ezekiel 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the (LATTER DAYS,)

AND I WILL BRING THEE AGAINST MY LAND, THAT THE HEATHEN MAY KNOW ME, WHEN I SHALL BE SANCTIFIED IN THEE, O GOG, BEFORE THEIR EYES.

Ezekiel 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

For some people, they only believe the cult they follow, for others, they only listen to what God clealry states in the His Word the Bible. Who are you going to believe?

Old 07-13-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I have read the prophecies for many years now, and I am not decieved.
Yes you are..

Old 07-14-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Yes you are..
If that were true, you would be able to explain in detail why I am. The fact that your only response is. "YES YOU ARE", tells me you have to ask someone what you believe about Ezekiel chapters 36,37,38, and 39.
I would suppose, another cult member. LOL

Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
If that were true, you would be able to explain in detail why I am.
Your blind to truth because God has it that way..

Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,757,641 times
what I'm beginning to see is that the "urch" is going to follow the anti Messiah and those "set apart" who will embrace their Hebrew roots will "get it" and NOT take the Mark of the Beast, they will maintain till the REAL Messiah returns. Say what you will.....most of you don't get it. You're replacing truth with untruth, but you're not to blame initially, you've just been taught wrong and are not willing to read the truth written from the Hebrew and Aramaic, but rather put your greco roman glasses on and replace the truth with what fits and makes you feel good. Good luck with that........

Old 07-14-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
what I'm beginning to see is that the "urch" is going to follow the anti Messiah and those "set apart" who will embrace their Hebrew roots will "get it" and NOT take the Mark of the Beast, they will maintain till the REAL Messiah returns. Say what you will.....most of you don't get it. You're replacing truth with untruth, but you're not to blame initially, you've just been taught wrong and are not willing to read the truth written from the Hebrew and Aramaic, but rather put your greco roman glasses on and replace the truth with what fits and makes you feel good. Good luck with that........
You dont know what your talking about..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity