U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-13-2009, 06:54 PM

6,209 posts, read 3,923,657 times

Advertisements

Advice for the Lord's servant:

2 Timothy 2
22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 06:59 PM

1,531 posts, read 929,699 times
Excellent lego... thanks for that admonition! God bless

Old 07-13-2009, 07:22 PM

Amen. Its as much for me as anyone else.

Also, I believe this is part of making our election sure. If indeed one is elect, those would be some of the fruits: faith, love, kindness, peace, able to teach and gently instruct.

Peter tells us to make our election sure:

2 Peter 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,
11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Pray we don't stumble in our silly quarrels.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,458,976 times
Agreed

Old 07-13-2009, 07:28 PM

19,092 posts, read 9,346,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Amen. Its as much for me as anyone else.

Also, I believe this is part of making our election sure. If indeed one is elect, those would be some of the fruits: faith, love, kindness, peace, able to teach and gently instruct.

Peter tells us to make our election sure:

2 Peter 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,
11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Pray we don't stumble in our silly quarrels.
Yes i hav.e been convicted of the Holy Spirit about this , but as per usual i choose to ignore and end up getting chastised

Can i just point out though for all who think they repented on their own will , read verse 25 of Lego's passage of scripture .

Old 07-14-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes i hav.e been convicted of the Holy Spirit about this , but as per usual i choose to ignore and end up getting chastised

Can i just point out though for all who think they repented on their own will , read verse 25 of Lego's passage of scripture .
LOL Yes 2 Tim 2:25 gives us reason to be humble, as none of us would repent without God's goodness.

Just saw this verse too which fits the theme:

Col 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity