Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:07 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times

Advertisements

You know jeapostle, we can go on and on, back and forth till the cow's come home, but I have one better.....let's just wait and see, why don't we......

Chances are, if I'm wrong you lose nothing, and you? Willing to risk it all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:07 PM

396 posts, read 598,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You know jeapostle, we can go on and on, back and forth till the cow's come home, but I have one better.....let's just wait and see, why don't we......

Chances are, if I'm wrong you lose nothing, and you? Willing to risk it all?
Betsy, If I'm wrong in my eschatological view, it doesn't affect my salvation. There are differing views, even in the futurist camp. I don't question your salvation based on your eschatological view. I believe the wrong eschatological view will affect your worldview, but not your salvation. What am I risking? I am a born again, Spirit filled believer. I enjoy discussing differing views, and I have learned much from opposing views, and I have changed my view when challenged with truth. I know you are convinced the LORD is coming soon. I disagree, but I love you and respect your views. Blessings. jeapostle

Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 PM

3,512 posts, read 9,423,627 times
Upon further research, I''ve come to a different conclusion than the original post.

La Salette is false among other things.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 09-30-2010 at 09:23 PM..

Old 07-16-2009, 09:05 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,631 times
Default Nothing left to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
If you believe in the Second Coming of Christ, what do you think still needs to happen before He returns?

Me? Either.....

1) NOTHING at all! The Second Coming could be any day now.

OR

2) the Great Chastisement immediately before the Second Coming

My reasoning:

-We are at Revelation 20:9

-The Great Apostasy has already occurred

-The Antichrist has already come in the form of the last 4 or 5 popes

-The majority of the secrets of La Salette and Fatima have already taken place

-Matthew 24:37 For as the days of Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, 39 and they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away, so too will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Remember two things. A) Just like God's only concern in the Old Testament was Israel, so it is today as God's only concern now is his church....the Catholic Church. All Prophecy for the end times deals only with the Catholic Church. B) Just as Israel was looking for a larger than life earthly king figure in the Messiah and most people in that time didn't recognize Jesus as Messiah, so it is today. Most people misread Revelation and end time prophecy thinking of major "epic" events and fail to see what is taking place now has already fulfilled prophecy. God is more concerned with the spiritual battle, not the earthly ones.
If its anything that is yet to happen, its the conversion of Gods final elect person of mankind..and that be anytime now..

This generation [of people] shall not pass away until all is fulfilled, which includes the second coming..

Old 07-16-2009, 09:29 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
If its anything that is yet to happen, its the conversion of Gods final elect person of mankind..and that be anytime now..

This generation [of people] shall not pass away until all is fulfilled, which includes the second coming..
beloved57: Again, the ultimate significance to the "generation" is the demonstrative pronoun that defines it. THIS--Jesus said. He meant His contemporaries--that is how He ALWAYS used that expression.

And where does the Bible say that there will be a"final elect person of mankind?"

Preterist

Old 07-16-2009, 10:27 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,956 times
I have some bad news for anti-Catholics, it is the worlds largest form of Christianity, and much older than Protestant denominations and collaborates with world nations much more than the Protestant church. I have some bad news for anti-Protestants, it comes from Catholicism and if the church had just listened to the man, about indulgences especially, and tried to work with him, we wouldn't have this problem still. Historically Protestants are more willing to advance, but too quick to abandon, Catholics seem to take longer in looking for improvements for fear of change, but seem to be more hopeful of collaborating with others for common good. Yes that's probably too stereotype sounding but enough already, same man. If I hear the word anti-Christ one more time, geez. You shouldn't call a person including the Pope or the President that name. By that it sounds like you are saying that God does not exist in that person. Another person had boldly posted somewhere else that "we are so busy looking for the anti-Christ, we fail to see the one in the mirror" I thought those were powerful words.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
A Kingdom without a king...... Oh, but wait! There is one that's ruling NOW and one that is to COME! To whom does you're allegiance lies?

I don't know about you, but when I'm reigning with my King, all the former things of this world, this kingdom, will be no more! Here's to pledging your allegiance to Our Soon Coming King!!

Who have ears to hear, let them hear what the Spirit is saying unto them...... It's not to late, but the hour, keep an eye on the hour.
So, I gather from your post that you are waiting for Jesus physical body to come to physical earth and sit on a physical earthly throne...The Jews were waiting for the same thing and all we have to do is go back to history to find out what happened to them.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:37 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
Betsy, I believe I asked you this before, but are you still looking for a kingdom that comes with observation? Jesus said the kingdom does not come with observation (Luke 17:20). The kingdom is not a physical, earthly kingdom based in an earthly city. The kingdom is not of this world. The kingdom is heavenly and spiritual.

How is Jesus "soon coming king today," and he was "soon coming king 2000 years ago? How is "soon" so soon now, yet the book of Revelation was "shortly to come to pass." 2000 years ago (Rev.1:1).

How was "the end of all things is at hand," (1 Pet.4:7) 2000 years ago, but "the end of all things is at hand," NOW.

How was Christ "coming quickly," 2000 years ago, and yet he is "coming quickly now."

Does language mean anything? Is the "soon" of 2000 years ago, the same "soon" of today?

Those who say the kingdom is coming soon deny that the kingdom came before the first century saints died.

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom (Matt.16:28)

Jesus speaking to the twelve said, "But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come." (Matt.10:23)

Such nonsense! What prayer did Jesus teach us; Our Father, who art in Heaven, thy Will, will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Christ is talking about the Kingdom of Heaven reigning on Earth.

A day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day.

For as lightning flashes from one end of the sky to the other, so will the Son of Man be in his day. But, first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

The blind leading the blind. The deaf do not hear, those who willfully chose not to hear the words of His Son. Just as it was then it is today.

The first Gulf war where Suddam Husein ordered his soldiers to light the oil fields and by doing so blocked the sun light and the moon. Which was seen all around the world.

Again the blind leading the blind.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:59 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times
What still needs to happen before Jesus comes back to this Earth? He's waiting on one more, and one more, and one more...........perhaps it's you?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,909,886 times
Quote:
When Jesus speaks the parable of the fig tree, which most Biblical scholars believe is about the re-birth of Israel
Most Jewish scholars agree that the olive tree is the symbol of Israel.

Quote:
Israel was re-born in 1948, so how long is a "generation?"
It's already past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity