Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:43 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
What exactly is Luke 14:26 saying? should we hate our mothers, brother, sisters in order to be a true disciple?
Luke 14:26"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. 27And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple..
How is this supposed to happen? if so how many true disciples of Christ do you think that we have today, that has obeyed this command?

Just asking
God Bless You
For me it has been an issue of co-dependency, it is about not forsaking the truth despite what your family will think about you for holding to it.

I have had to deal with that all my life. My mother will not truely accept me unless I agree with her religious views, something I have refused to do part of my life. I was spiritually dead while I pretended to practice what she believes in order to gain her acceptance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 AM

433 posts, read 963,917 times
that's right people......pick and choose......pick and choose!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
that's right people......pick and choose......pick and choose!!!

Too much detail here I could not read it all.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:56 AM

433 posts, read 963,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Too much detail here I could not read it all.
wow, we've got a bright one here! let me say it with even more detail so that 'even you' can understand! based on the responses i've seen to the OP, i have to say to the people here:

thaaaat's right....Pick and choose what you want to take literally in the bible.....pick and choose poeple! pick and choose! (heavy sarcasm intended. ok Phazelwood?)

Last edited by Evidence-is-key; 07-16-2009 at 09:10 AM..

Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
wow, we've got a bright one here! let me say it with even more detail so that 'even you' can understand! based on the responses i've seen to the OP, i have to say to the people here:

Pick and choose what you want to take literally in the bible.....pick and choose poeple! pick and choose! (heavy sarcasm intended. ok Phazelwood?)

That's the beauty of freedom.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:39 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
thaaaat's right....Pick and choose what you want to take literally in the bible.....pick and choose poeple! pick and choose!
Be careful, I might give you a piece of my mind.

Hey don't get your knickers in a bunch, are you a hot head? What's the matter, cat got your tongue? That's ok, some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Please don't pick and choose - take what I say literally. LOL just kidding I'm only pulling your leg!

If you always interpret everything literally, I'll eat my hat!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity