Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,297,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What does Rev 5:13 mean if it does not mean that every single person who has ever existed will worship Him? And Isaiah 45:23? It says explicitly everyone swears allegiance to Him. Have they become "robots" to swear allegiance to God, even though they are doomed to eternal torture in hell?
No they will not be worshiping Him because they love Him and know Him as Savior, they will be doing it because they finally realize His power. The versed you quoted are not proof everyone is going to worship Him as Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Before you became a believer, how did God respect your rejection if you eventually came to believe?
He respects peoples choice to reject Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 07:05 PM

14,706 posts, read 17,043,100 times
Quote:
they will be doing it because they finally realize His power.
What will cause them to realize His power, ILNC? Why will they realize His powewr? Will anyone be able to choose not to realize His power, choose not to bow before Him, and choose not to swear allegiance to Him? God bless.

bow=kampto =to bow especially in religious veneration or worship

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-20-2009 at 07:38 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,099,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No they will not be worshiping Him because they love Him and know Him as Savior, they will be doing it because they finally realize His power. The versed you quoted are not proof everyone is going to worship Him as Lord.

So if I am reading you correctly, at this point, people will still reject Christ, even though they are bowing and confessing and swearing allegiance to Him. Also, God wants to save them, but He won't/can't because their will is to reject Christ (even though God's will is that they be saved).

Is that what you believe?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:30 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,922,334 times
Quote:

Does his respect prevent him from righteously influencing people to see the light?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:43 PM

How will anyone be able to reject them once they see the light? Again, the true light which enlightens every man has come into the world. Light is greater than the darkness, but many believe that the darkness is greater than the light, that light cannot penetrate the darkest of hearts. Who is greater God or darkness? God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:47 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,297,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So if I am reading you correctly, at this point, people will still reject Christ, even though they are bowing and confessing and swearing allegiance to Him. Also, God wants to save them, but He won't/can't because their will is to reject Christ (even though God's will is that they be saved).

Is that what you believe?
It will be too late for them when He returns, that is why it is so important people come to Jesus NOW, because then it will be too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Does his respect prevent him from righteously influencing people to see the light?
He cannot and will not force anyone to believe.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
How will anyone be able to reject them once they see the light? Again, the true light which enlightens every man has come into the world. Light is greater than the darkness, but many believe that the darkness is greater than the light, that light cannot penetrate the darkest of hearts. Who is greater God or darkness? God bless.

I believe there are verses concerning people turning away from what they know. I was one of them. I turned away from the love I felt as a kid and it was replaced by the religious teachings I grew up with. The love I knew as a child had no name that I knew, in church there was no teaching that equaled it, but over time I lost sight of it because of the physical realm and people battling to "Correct" me when as a little one I had no way to know how to stand my ground.

Was I lost forever by doing so? No, but the path back to the simple faith was very painful and finally I have and it is much easier to remain in that light as the falsehoods come my way than it was to be dragged out by God after having let it go.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,099,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Is man's stubbornness great than God's will?

Remember where man's stubbornness and disobedience came from: God himself!

Rom 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
He cannot and will not force anyone to believe.

Sorry that does not answer my question because I did not ask you if he forces anyone.

Do you believe God can righteously influence a person?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:52 PM

I understand what you are saying, Phazelwood, but we see now dimly, not fully and I believe that when we see Him as He is, know Him as He fully knows us, there will be no rejection. God will be all in all at that time, I believe. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity