Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:33 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
How can God be all powerful if Satan has the power to hijack his creation and take most of it to hell with him - when we are told that hell is thrown into the lake of fire and death is abolished?
Amen! God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 07:08 PM

74 posts, read 291,431 times
How much greater must God's single act of love be, which is shown by allowing Jesus Christ to submit to death on the cross, if it is to be greater than the act of one man's dis-obedience which lowered the entire creation into sin? Everything in my spirit says that,...in order to be a greater event, it must reconcile even the heaven of heavens.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:30 PM

74 posts, read 291,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Amen! God bless.
God created satan...the command given to him was to eat the dust of the earth. It really hasn't changed. Our God is a consuming fire. Fire purifies, much of this realm is carbon based. Some shall be saved by fire. The atomic number for carbon is 6.

The entire earth is moving at the speed of 66,600 miles per hour. After examination one will begin to see a re-occurance of these numerical values. Even the rise of the coming global one world system has at it's core a lie focused on eliminating carbon based emmisions.

I pray that God will begin to reveal himself and his Son Jesus Christ. These things are spiritual discerned...flesh and blood can not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. We are creatures of metamorphisis of the highest order. We are to be changed at the atomic structure of our being which is a current dust realm, earthly form. We are created that way, created to change and really have no choice in the matter. God's thoughts toward his creation are good thoughts. He's not willing that any should perish.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
How much greater must God's single act of love be, which is shown by allowing Jesus Christ to submit to death on the cross, if it is to be greater than the act of one man's dis-obedience which lowered the entire creation into sin? Everything in my spirit says that,...in order to be a greater event, it must reconcile even the heaven of heavens.
Thank you for sharing, dcg123. God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
God did NOOOOT create sin PERIOD!!!! Gods creations where GOOOOOOD thats what he planed why because God IS GOOD!!!!! thats the whole point of creation us angles everything because God is good.
Some rhetorical questions to ponder...
  • Did David sin when he numbered Israel?
  • When Satan moved David to number Israel did Satan sin?
  • When God moved David to number Israel did God sin?
  • When God moved David to number Israel, did God intend for David to number Israel?
  • Was it "very good" that God moved David to number Israel?
  • Did pharoah sin When he did not let Israel go?
  • Did God harden pharoah's heart so he would not let Israel go?
  • Did God's plan involving pharoah & Israel include pharoah sinning?
  • Was it "very good" that God hardened pharoah's heart?

Last edited by Thy Kingdom Come; 07-20-2009 at 09:48 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Good points, Thy Kingdom Come. God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:43 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg123 View Post
God created satan...the command given to him was to eat the dust of the earth. It really hasn't changed. Our God is a consuming fire. Fire purifies, much of this realm is carbon based. Some shall be saved by fire. The atomic number for carbon is 6.

The entire earth is moving at the speed of 66,600 miles per hour. After examination one will begin to see a re-occurance of these numerical values. Even the rise of the coming global one world system has at it's core a lie focused on eliminating carbon based emmisions.

I pray that God will begin to reveal himself and his Son Jesus Christ. These things are spiritual discerned...flesh and blood can not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. We are creatures of metamorphisis of the highest order. We are to be changed at the atomic structure of our being which is a current dust realm, earthly form. We are created that way, created to change and really have no choice in the matter. God's thoughts toward his creation are good thoughts. He's not willing that any should perish.
There's the earth's spin; the speed of the circuit around the sun; the spin of the Milky Way...This local Andromeda cluster of which we are a part is headed toward Virgo at about a million miles an hour. The Virgo cluster in turn is traveling in another direction around some point also at about a million miles an hour. All of creation is to be glorified! and all of it is inherited by those in Christ, the Seed of Abraham. "For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith." (Rm 4:13, AV) The Greek word there for "world" is cosmos and means all of creation.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times
"Draw me, we will run after thee..." (Song of Songs 1:4, AV)

Even the ancient rabbis considered this to mean that the drawing of His bride unto Him would cause the rest of creation to swiflty flow after them in their loves.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
It came from my brain. By reading the bible. The words in the bible. Words mean things. They are in English in mine. Some people look at the Greek too. Take your pick........
Imagine a world where each Christian just read the bible, using their own brain and "gifts" they lack?

I study scripture very hard using basic hermeneutical principals. I subject myself under great teachers who were taught by other great teacher, who were taught by other great teachers and so forth. These are men who were given the gifts of teaching and interpretation as the bible says. I do not have the gift of interpretation so I study hard, learn from teachers and pray for correct discernment/understanding.

Verse 19 is creation, meaning animate and inanimate, except human beings, v 22-23 where "whole creation" and "we ourselves" are contrasted. Of course you are taking it out of context since you say, verse 19 is talking about human beings separate from God's children or vanity? which I have no clue how you came up with that. Our interpretations are directly opposed to one another.

You go on believing what you study and I will go along learning what I am taught since I lack that spiritual gift.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 07-21-2009 at 07:50 AM..

Old 07-21-2009, 07:47 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You go on believing what you study and I will go along learning what I am taught since I lack this wonderful spiritual gift.

What determined that you lack it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity