U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:04 PM
 
2,945 posts, read 4,668,393 times
Reputation: 1599

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Oh?
so you think so?

Well lets see, I seem to remember a verse spoken by Jesus Christ the Lord about his resurrection.
Oh how did that verse go again?

Umm, something like:
"Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up"


The fact is that Jesus said he would raise up the temple of his own BODY!

After the resurrection the Disciples remembered that Jesus had predicted this and believed.

Do you also believe?
this verse is figurative, it cannot be used to prove that Jesus raised himself. To interpret it that way would contradict many other clear verses. There is no verse that unequivocally says Jesus raised himself from the dead. But there are many that unequivocally say that God raised him.
Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
Acts 13:30 But God raised him from the dead:
Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
Rom. 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom. 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
I Cor. 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
I Cor. 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
Gal. 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead
Col. 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
I Pet. 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

This is what the disciples preached. They never preached Jesus raised himself from the dead. The only verse that even hints at it is a figurative comparison of his body with the temple, and must be understood in light of the rest of Scripture.
Jesus`s spirit went BACK to the FATHER. Why did it go BACK. Because the Father is where it originated. The Father put Jesus`s spirit back into his body and then Jesus raised up his body( his physical body.) '
You are right when you say Jesus was talking about raising up his temple ie; his BODY! His PHYSICAL BODY! The only way he could raise up his physical body is if the Father put his spirit BACK in that temple and made Jesus alive again. In other words, your body or temple is an outer shell. It is not who you are. Jesus raised his physical body once the Father made it possible. If a person falls into a coma, they cannot raise their body off of the bed. Only when they become conscious again can they raise themselves up. You are not understanding that Jesus was talking about his PHYSICAL BODY being raised up. But the Father is the one who made him alive again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,407,220 times
Reputation: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
It is a teaching found in the scriptures, "sleep" meaning "death". God bless.
Nice try, but I seek the answer to the question of the name of any Christian Church that teaches "soul sleep"?

There must be a good christian church in the phone book that has this as an official teaching right?

Soul sleep cant be just dreamed up by people who never go to church can it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,506,286 times
Reputation: 1322
You made some very good points, spm62. Thank you for sharing. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,407,220 times
Reputation: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
It is a teaching found in the scriptures, "sleep" meaning "death". Some scriptural references.
Let me get this right....No one who believes in soul-sleep goes to church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:08 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,506,286 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Nice try, but I seek the answer to the question of the name of any Christian Church that teaches "soul sleep"?

There must be a good christian church in the phone book that has this as an office teaching right?

Soul sleep cant be just dreamed up by people who never go to church can it?
Hi, maybe you could call around and find a "good Christian church" alan, that teaches that we are dead until we are raised if this is what you mean by "soul sleep" My beliefs come from the scriptures, and is not an idea that was dreamed up by someone God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:09 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,506,286 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Let me get this right....No one who believes in soul-sleep goes to church?
Really? God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,506,286 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
this verse is figurative, it cannot be used to prove that Jesus raised himself. To interpret it that way would contradict many other clear verses. There is no verse that unequivocally says Jesus raised himself from the dead. But there are many that unequivocally say that God raised him.
Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
Acts 13:30 But God raised him from the dead:
Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
Rom. 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom. 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
I Cor. 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
I Cor. 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
Gal. 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead
Col. 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
I Pet. 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

This is what the disciples preached. They never preached Jesus raised himself from the dead. The only verse that even hints at it is a figurative comparison of his body with the temple, and must be understood in light of the rest of Scripture.
Jesus`s spirit went BACK to the FATHER. Why did it go BACK. Because the Father is where it originated. The Father put Jesus`s spirit back into his body and then Jesus raised up his body( his physical body.) '
You are right when you say Jesus was talking about raising up his temple ie; his BODY! His PHYSICAL BODY! The only way he could raise up his physical body is if the Father put his spirit BACK in that temple and made Jesus alive again. In other words, your body or temple is an outer shell. It is not who you are. Jesus raised his physical body once the Father made it possible. If a person falls into a coma, they cannot raise their body off of the bed. Only when they become conscious again can they raise themselves up. You are not understanding that Jesus was talking about his PHYSICAL BODY being raised up. But the Father is the one who made him alive again.
Excellent. I will keep this for reference. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,407,220 times
Reputation: 240
I believe I have finally come down to the real heart of the matter!

I have just learned an important fact about the teaching of soul sleep and the people that put their blind trust in such a teaching.....
they don't go to church.

Ahh,I see...
No wounder!
it all comes into place now.....LOL

it's getting late here
Take care my church-less friends....
Poof!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,506,286 times
Reputation: 1322
Uh huh, interesting how you came up with that which is not true God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 PM
 
5,622 posts, read 4,382,142 times
Reputation: 3766
And that proves... what exactly?

What a strange post, Alan...
Even I have to laugh at that one..

or maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you're saying?

It's late.
Maybe I shouldn't be reading the message board so late at night.

lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top