U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 04:20 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,471,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I really don't know. They did not mention this in their lessons or sermons when I attended. .
Thats all Im pointing out to you....

-------------------------
It's like this:

I run into a lot of people on different faith-based forums like this that have no home church.
No body of believers to call on, not brothers, no sisters.

They cant name a single person who they believe teach or hold to the very same ideas they themselves hold to...

Oh if pushed they might try to GOOGLE a few names from church history, but ask them for a name of a member of their church?...they got nothing to say.

(One guy tried to pass of his wife and dog as proof that his ideas were catching on with people...LOL)

Ask them for the name of their church?....they are mute

Ask them for the name of a church they attend, or that teach the truth?...and they claim they don't need others to find truth...

all their answers are nothing more than just a cover up to the real problem they got....
They are all alone.
They consider themselves saved and filled with truth, but cant name another church who also is just as filled with all truth.

So I listen to them and think.,..."Hey it must be great to be you!"
"You guys look at the whole world as being lost and only you alone are within the truth"
"Only this one person understands the Bible, so aren't we all lucky we bumped into you on the internet?".....LOL

I think that by pointing out how alone the person is with his or her invented ideas about the bible, you help them slowly start to see that they may need to repent of the aloofness they have wrapped themselves in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 04:31 PM

6,642 posts, read 3,957,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Oh yes!
Jesus is fully 100% human, as such he must pray to the same God all humans must pray to...

But the Son is also just as much 'God" as the father is God too.

"The Word was with God, the Word was God, the Word became flesh"

This is the teaching of the Christian church...

One God, in 3 persons...
Hi Alan there is no 3 in one persons

There is God the Father and there is God the Son, two distinct beings.

"The Word was with God, the Word was God, the Word became flesh"

Is speaking of God the Son and has nothing to do with God the Father.

But if we are going to continue this convo it probably would be better to start a thread on the trinity so we don't take this thread off target.

If you do I will meet you there as I do have somewhat to say on the matter. But It will probably be tomorrow before I can get back to the net.

God bless

Old 07-23-2009, 04:32 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,754,922 times
Alan, my beliefs come from the scriptures, not from manmade doctrines which seems to be the happening in many congregations. It isn't about being alone. It is about living for the Lord. I am member of the Lord's, body the church. My beliefs are not invented ideas about the Bible. They are fully grounded in the scriptures and I will continue to share them as God allows. By the way, I am not the only believer who believes that we are actually dead until God raises us. Very many reputable scholars and theologians do also and many "church going" people do also. God bless.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:34 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,751,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
A problem with the belief that we go straight to heaven when we die is that this contradicts scriptural teaching that we die. The serpent told Eve that she would not die if she ate the forbidden fruit, but the truth was that she died. The belief that we go straight to heaven means that we do not actually die, just move from one place to another. This diminishes the glory of the resurrection. God bless.
That is exactly right,shana. Most of the church still believes satan`s lie that THEY DO NOT DIE! They will say their body dies. But the physical body is NOT YOU, it is just a tent and God said you WILL DIE. God didn`t say just your physical body dies...he said YOU WILL DIE. But as we see over and over the church followers would rather believe their church than the word of God and that is what`s sad. I suppose a lot of them want to believe that they are alive in God`s presence because that makes them feel better about dying or losing a loved one. Perhaps they feel more comforted by believing that thier loved one is floating around praising God immediately. But we know the bible says the dead DO NOT praise God. They are silent.
Jesus and the prophets called death sleep. God said you WILL DIE.
The church says death isn`t like sleep. The church says, like satan, you don`t really die, only your physical outer shell (body) dies.
The church followers choose to believe satan.
I choose to believe the scriptures.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 PM

Thank you for sharing, spm62.

Quote:
I suppose a lot of them want to believe that they are alive in God`s presence because that makes them feel better about dying or losing a loved one. Perhaps they feel more comforted by believing that thier loved one is floating around praising God immediately. But we know the bible says the dead DO NOT praise God. They are silent
Yes, I do agree. I know that it is a hard to thing to give up. Nobody wants to think of their loved ones being in the grave, no longer alive. I have 2 urns right now on my bookcase of 2 relatives and it is sometimes hard to believe that they are actually no longer in existence, but the beautiful thing is that I know that they will rise one day as will all of our loved ones by the power of God. I can't wait for that blessed day! God bless.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:40 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,471,344 times
On another Forum I ran into a guy who had some type of wacky belief and was really pushing it at people who posted on the forum.
Steve had all the answers,
Steve had every bible verse.

Steve felt that he did not need to be a member of any Christian church, as he had the Bible and that is all he needed to find the truth.

I talked to him, well, truthfully we debated on his issues many times and I came to understand just how alone he was with his teachings.

He could not name anyone who believed as he did.
He could not name any church who believed as he did.
Steve was alone...

and that was also his biggest problem too.

You see, Christians are never meant to be alone..
The Christian faith is not a faith of loners....we are not a faith who try to keep to themselves.
The christian church was never designed to work in such a manner...

Christians are to assemble, to unite...to get many hands doing the heavy lifting.
The voices of Christians are meant to be heard by other christian ears...

But the loner faiths are the place where the cults spring forth from.

Most every non-Christian cult started because a guy felt he didn't need to be part of a Christian church...

But in a very real way, the christian church has become a faith of loners.
A faith filled with members who sit alone and spin off into one error after another because of a lack of input from Christian brothers and sisters...
No one hears their real voice.. .

left alone, Steve had become a cult.
A cult of one...the cult of Steve.

I see it over and over on the internet...

So if I ask you the question, "What church do you attend?" and you dont have an answer....well...there you go!

And if I ask you question about some type of wacky teaching you are pushing and you can not name any church that teaches what you believe?...well...
thats all I need to hear.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:42 PM

What does this have to do with the topic whether or not believers go to heaven when they die, alan? Maybe you should start a new thread on that subject. Thanks and God bless you.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
The church says, like satan, you don`t really die, only your physical outer shell (body) dies.
Yes, many believe that we don't really die, that only the body dies but the scriptures speak of the person being dead, of the person being in the tomb, of the person as being in the grave. The person is the one who "sleeps" (is dead). God bless.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,162,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Does anyone attend even part-time a Christian church that teaches that "soul sleep" is the truth?

Can you tell me what church you or anyone you may know go to that has an official position supporting the concept of soul-sleep?
Most good Christians like myself attend a good Christian Church, so we can answer from first hand knowledge about our church's POV on the topic..
(Shana, as no one in the world believes as you do, you can go ahead and GOOGLE your answers...LOL)

The QUESTION ONE:

What Christian Church teaches that "soul sleep" is true?

QUESTION TWO:
Aside from the cults, is soul sleep taught as being true in any Christian Church Y/N?

Argumentum ad verecundiam ... Really, this is silly. The whole point is that modern fundamental and orthodox Christianity is really Zoroastrianism under the auspices of Christianity. Fundamental Christianity is the love child of Judaism and Babylonian mystery traditions. Not that you ever took the time to study anything other than the fundamental church programs, so no wonder you don't see the correlations.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:48 PM

The person is the one who is to be raised

Thessalonians 4

13And I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, that ye may not sorrow, as also the rest who have not hope,
14for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, so also God those asleep through Jesus he will bring with him,
15for this to you we say in the word of the Lord, that we who are living -- who do remain over to the presence of the Lord -- may not precede those asleep,
16because the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first,
17then we who are living, who are remaining over, together with them shall be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in air, and so always with the Lord we shall be; 18so, then, comfort ye one another in these words.

This is the comfort, that we will rise to be with the Lord. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or