U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 05:17 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,462,345 times

Advertisements

When the Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object

How many of us, when we fall deeply in love, fall short? This can be from your first puppy love, to your First Love in your Father. As you can read from the title, the Unstoppable Force is Love. It can melt hearts, melt minds, and melt the entire creation. We who follow God know this Force by and through His Son, Jesus. He IS the Unstoppable Force, who by His very nature, IS Love defined.

The characteristic shown to the world by the example of Jesus, in His Life, was that although He met many, many immovable objects (the hardened hearts), He never gave up on them. By His last dying breath He cried out to Father, “Father forgive them, for they know not what they do”.

The Israelites had placed many expectations on what they perceived as their king, and messiah. They looked to this humble man, and wished for their own freedom from the Roman Empire. They desired Him to overthrow and call upon God Himself to heal the land from this disease like He did in the days of old, when Joshua led the army and took the lands by the Hand of God.

They desired no relationship with our Father, for He was but a god to them. They were even scared to even utter the Name of the Creator. There was no relationship, until this man, Jesus, made His presence known to them. Jesus brought the name, and brought the power. Most importantly, He was showing them how to have a personal relationship with our Father, who prior to this was unreachable. The way had been blocked since Adam, and was soon to be open upon Jesus’ death and resurrection.

Those who followed Jesus were many, not just the twelve. He had many, many disciples who would follow eagerly everywhere He went, anticipating for the end of Rome and the reign of their King. They placed many, many expectations upon Jesus. Many walked away when they realized that was not His Purpose. That is, not yet!

How many times in our lives have we walked away from those we love, when they fail to ‘live’ up to what we expect out of them? How many times have we hardened our hearts to the Love of Jesus by becoming the opposite of His very nature? Remember your first Love, when at that very moment you cried out to Jesus, and He poured out an everlasting measure of love into your heart. Your OWN heart! Remember that! He placed no restrictions on this love, and He placed no expectations on you! He loved you before the foundations of creation, and died for you to be with Him. He changed their hearts into ones that were filled with the Unstoppable Force.

Remember? We go out to the world changed, forever. We give; without expectation. We love; without expectation. We forgive; as many times as needed. We heal hurts we have done; without expecting anything in return.

Do we still do this? Daily? Do we who have knowledge of the King, keep His Sayings, and His Love deep in the heart, springing forth Light to the world? Do we? Do we walk away and repent of the sin we once loved? Do we smile, instead of frown? Do we love others, instead of hate? I know I don’t always live up to this perfection, but I pray that I make it through the days bringing His Light, to those in darkness. This isn’t only in our words, but in our deeds.

Jesus tells us in Revelation 2:2-5
'I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them false; and you have perseverance and have endured for My Name's Sake, and have not grown weary.

'But I have against you, that you have left your first love.

'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lamp stand out of its place--unless you repent.

As you can see, this is tough language. Even in His Revelation, His message is to let us know that we cannot let the Unstoppable Force, hit our immovable object, a hardened heart towards our Father, and Jesus, and our fellow brothers and sisters. We cannot place expectations on our love. As you can read from the above passage, once leaving the love, then there are expectations on returning to it. But we are there, without expectation, or at least I pray you are.

This same love goes for all of those in our lives, whether it is the spouse, or the kids, or the neighbors, or the fellow employees. If there is a heart, hardened or not, our Light should be shining for the world to see. It has been the same message since creation, and it will be the same message at the end.

It can hurt when hate is thrown our way. It can hurt when insults are hurled like stones. It can hurt when those we love pass away, or even forsake us. Love does hurt! It hurts worse when we place expectations on it. Why? Because when those whom we place these expectations on fail to live up to the standards that we have set, we are then angry, hurt, spiteful, and in some cases, we leave.

No matter what, we have to remember our first Love! We cannot be looking back at the ‘what ifs’ when we should be looking ahead. Even a broken relationship can be restored, if done in the right way. Remember your first Love, and how broken that relationship was. We were separated from our Father, seemingly forever. Remember when you were seeking out the face of Jesus, begging to be covered in the forgiveness that only He could give by the very drops of His Blood.

Remember this, always. He gave up everything for you. No expectation was needed. Our following Him, and His ways, shows our Love for Him. He would love us even if we left Him. He loved us even before we knew Him.

You know what happens when the Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object?

A new creature is born…you!

Praise God, for this precious Gift of His only begotten Son. Praise Him always!

Praise Jesus for loving us that much.

Follow Him, always!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 PM

4,137 posts, read 631,555 times
HotinAZ,

Beautiful post ...... thank you!!!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:13 PM

702 posts, read 863,101 times
AMEN!

He's not untouchable. He is very vain. He loves to be seen and admired. He alone is to be worshipped, which is is an intimacy of spirit like marriage is meant to be an exclusive intimacy in the flesh. Who loves the system of things in the world is a spiritual adulterer and an enemy of God.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:21 PM

1,411 posts, read 2,156,792 times
I cannot express how much your post has blessed me.

It has touched me deeply, thanks. Lifesigns64
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity