U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-01-2009, 05:25 PM

10,040 posts, read 6,638,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I also agree with you on this point ptsum. Unfortunately we grade each other on a curve rather than accepting Chirist as He accepted us.
Yes it is unfortunate and it's unfortunate that a lot of people have suffered unnecessarily because of its misinterpretations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 05:44 PM

178 posts, read 94,274 times
Red face God is Love

When you become familiar with the character of God, you will know that it is in his character that all men would be saved. He made us with "free will", and knows that some will reject him - that is their choice, however much it grieves him.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Yet it's fine for you to slam the teaching of univeral reconciliation, then go on to call me a disgrace .

I refer to the organized christian system. If you read through my posts if i ever say anything negative about anyone it always includes myself.

I believe Jesus is my Lord and Savior , that does not mean i am a christian .
I am sorry - you believe Jesus is your Lord and Savior, but you are not a Christian?

Believing that Jesus is the Son of God, believing in Jesus as your Lord and Savior makes you a Christian. You may not be a Baptist, Methodist, or a church goer, but you are a Christian.

It's like me saying "I attend school, but I am not a student" - doesn't make sense.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:54 PM

11,503 posts, read 8,966,096 times
Quote:
When you become familiar with the character of God, you will know that it is in his character that all men would be saved. He made us with "free will", and knows that some will reject him - that is their choice, however much it grieves him.
Rejoicer, how can God who is said to be love, bring people into existence only to be tortured in hell for ever (if this is what you believe) when He already knew the choices that they would make? He knows all things. God bless.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 9,282,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Rejoicer, how can God who is said to be love, bring people into existence only to be tortured in hell for ever (if this is what you believe) when He already knew the choices that they would make? He knows all things. God bless.
Shana "His ways are not ours" Just because the love of God as been shed abroad in our hearts, doesn't mean God as to follow suit.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-01-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 08-01-2009, 06:25 PM

2,933 posts, read 2,173,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejoicer View Post
I am sorry - you believe Jesus is your Lord and Savior, but you are not a Christian?

Believing that Jesus is the Son of God, believing in Jesus as your Lord and Savior makes you a Christian. You may not be a Baptist, Methodist, or a church goer, but you are a Christian.

It's like me saying "I attend school, but I am not a student" - doesn't make sense.
I think that pcamps is reacting to being told that he is not a christian by those that believe that being a part of the organized denominational church is being a "christian"

I was wondering where I fit because I did not know what denomination to choose from, from the absurd number of denominations and sects that are in "christianity".I have come to the conclusion that because I believe in Jesus "the Christ" and am a follower of him that I am a christian, even though I personally have been told I am not a christian because I believe in the eventual restoration of all, in the Spirit, through Jesus, after wrath against all unrighteousness and being judged in the flesh.

Last edited by meerkat2; 08-01-2009 at 06:49 PM..

Old 08-01-2009, 06:48 PM

2,933 posts, read 2,173,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejoicer View Post
The "free will" that we have is to be subjected to Gods will - Gods will is stronger, he does not force us to do his will, however when we rebel against his will there is correction,

What is His will? - that we love our enemies,

Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
He didn't bring people into existence only to be tortured in hell forever. He brought them into existence to spend eternity with Him. They reject Him, they choose to live in hell forever. It is their choice.

If God had made everyone to love Him, everyone would be going to heaven, but we would have been no more than robots. He wanted to spend eternity with those who chose to love Him, not were forced to love him.

You need to read the Old Testament. God had many people destroyed - He is Love, but He is not a pushover. God will not be mocked.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 PM

11,503 posts, read 8,966,096 times
Rejoicer do you believe that God knows all things, sees beginning to end? God bless.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
The "free will" that we have is to be subjected to Gods will - Gods will is stronger, he does not force us to do his will, however when we rebel against his will there is correction,
You can only come into subjection to God's will under the power of Christ.

Without His power and presence in our life we can not do the will of God! We can not perform even the simple tasks of ministry and please our King without the presence, yea, the fullness of this One Who was sent to replace the Son of God Himself! (John 15:5)

Christian Internet Evangelism--"The Promise of the Father"--Bible Truth Ministry Inc.

Quote:
What is His will? - that we love our enemies,
Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
For sure, but I believe that to have a relationship with Him through his Son Jesus Christ is first and foremost. That we be saved.
Also:
To be his disciples - bring others to a knowledge of the truth.
To be filled with the Spirit.
To be Sanctified - be Holy.
To be grateful "In everything give thanks"
To submit ourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men. To the laws of the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity