Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 PM

178 posts, read 184,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Rejoicer, think of all of the people that have lived. Many lived before Jesus and never heard of Him. There many nations where the name of Jesus has not been heard. Most have never heard of the name of Jesus unless you are saying that you believe that God tells them about Jesus in some way before they die. Why do we have missionaries if all will hear of Him anyway before they die? God would see to this. I don't believe that the play is over once we die. Death is no obstacle to God and He has all power. I believe that it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself, whether things on earth or things in heaven. (Colossians 1) God bless.

People had been rejecting God from the very beginning. When God chose Abraham to be the beginning of His people (Jews), God made it known to them that He was going to send them a Messiah. Those that believed it, are saved the same as those of us who believe Him after the fact. However, the Jews (God's people) it isn't clear if God will give them an opportunity to receive Christ even if they died without Him. God will do as He pleases with them. But even so, I believe it will be on an individual basis, not as a nation.

Rom 11:21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, fear that it may be He will not spare you either.
Rom 11:22 Behold, then, the kindness and severity of God: On those having fallen, severity. But on you, kindness, if you continue in the kindness. Otherwise, you will also be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And those also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in. For God is able to graft them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if you were cut out of the natural wild olive tree, and against nature were grafted into a good olive tree, how much more these being according to nature will be grafted into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be wise within yourselves, that hardness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the nations comes in;
Rom 11:26 and so all Israel will be saved, even as it has been written, "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

I believe that God has ways of making Himself and Jesus known, after all, he created the Universe, so that wouldn't be too hard for Him. The missionaries are God's emissaries and God chooses who He wants them to witness to. But, God is not limited. Where there is no missionary God has other ways.

I'll ask you the same question, if everyone is going to be reconciled to Him one day, why bother accepting and following Jesus, why bother spreading his word and sending missionaries to other countries where they may face death? Why bother doing good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 11:56 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejoicer View Post

I believe that God has ways of making Himself and Jesus known, after all, he created the Universe, so that wouldn't be too hard for Him. The missionaries are God's emissaries and God chooses who He wants them to witness to. But, God is not limited. Where there is no missionary God has other ways.

I'll ask you the same question, if everyone is going to be reconciled to Him one day, why bother accepting and following Jesus, why bother spreading his word and sending missionaries to other countries where they may face death? Why bother doing good?
Rejoicer,

You asked Shana but I would just like to comment that you are right - God is not limited, and he is not limited by death (in fact resurrection is from the dead) - the reason for doing good is because there are consequences for you actions - especially if you know your masters will and fail to do it

Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Jesus said to make disciples of the nations - the elect are being gathered and if missionaries do not go out - the chosen will not hear and will not respond because they have not heard. I believe it is Gods will to call out a people to be his kings and priests for the next stage of his plan for redemption of the human race.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Kings and priests who reign have subjects to reign over - it is all part of Gods plan of the ages

When you say why bother accepting Jesus if all are reconciled - all are reconciled through Christ so all will accept Jesus as Saviour but that will not be until after the second death - being saved is saved from wrath. There is still judgement - it is just not eternal judgement.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:

That is what I am sharing, Rejoicer. The Father is not limited and He is able to penetrate any heart with his love and light. He is not restricted by death. It is not the end for anyone. I believe that God will make sure that all hear and believe and I believe that He will reign in all hearts one day. (Philippians 2:9-10)

In answer to your questions, I believe that God is in the process of restoring all to Himself beginning with those who come to Him today. There are those today who return to Him, who are being delivered out of sin and death, who are to be His lights in the world. These are the first fruits (James 1) of God's creatures and we are to be serving Him with our lives. We are to proclaim the wonders of His saving grace and share our faith with others. God is working through us as we share His word and His work in our lives today. Overcomes will rule and reign with Him in the coming age. Eventually God will open all hearts and return all to Himself. It was His good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself (Colossians 1) This is something that He is doing of His own good will. God bless.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:55 AM

428 posts, read 800,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
To me He is and the rest of His elect, but not so to the seed of the devil, He hates them..
: smack:

Where to even start with this? *sigh*

Old 08-06-2009, 10:00 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Have you believed?

Here is how you can receive Christ:
Admit your need, confess yours sins. ("I am a sinner.")
Be willing to turn from your sins. (Repent.)
Believe that Jesus died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as Lord and Savior.)

How to pray:
Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name, Amen.
I'm not sure you understand. If I have a carnal mind then I HATE God. So what is going to cause a God hater to pray to God? Why would a God hater desire to accept Christ? The TRUTH is they WONT. They CAN'T.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for the God hater to LOVE God of themselves. Something must change in them from an external source to ENABLE them to accept God.

That is why verses like this exists:

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
In answer to your questions, I believe that God is in the process of restoring all to Himself beginning with those who come to Him today. There are those today who return to Him, who are being delivered out of sin and death, who are to be His lights in the world. These are the first fruits (James 1) of God's creatures and we are to be serving Him with our lives. We are to proclaim the wonders of His saving grace and share our faith with others. God is working through us as we share His word and His work in our lives today. Overcomes will rule and reign with Him in the coming age. Eventually God will open all hearts and return all to Himself. It was His good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself (Colossians 1) This is something that He is doing of His own good will. God bless.
Yes! The concept we have of missions is far short of what we see in the world today. These "first fruits" will be living tabernacles of God, in whom "greater works than these" will be seen, walking about the earth. Sin will be reproved and forgiven through them (I believe) as what is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven - the anointing will not be ON them, but IN them.

I believe it will be unlike anything the world has seen since the Cornerstone ascended from earth. How are they born?

Follow Him. Reckon yourselves dead to the flesh, and let Him dig out and burn up every trace of the old man. When he kills, He then makes alive. How are the dead raised up? What we sow in the flesh is not quickened unless it die (1 Cor 15:36).

Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I do not believe that anyone will die without hearing about Jesus. My God is not a God of trickery. When He says that all must come to Him through Jesus, I don't believe that he would intentionally keep some from hearing about Jesus so that they would end up in Hell. God is Love, but He is also just and fair.

John 14:6
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Photos of uncontacted tribe in the Amazon rainforest

These tribespeople have no contact whatsoever with the outside world. They know nothing of our world, rules, or religions. There are numerous such tribes in the world.

Let me guess...no evidence is good enough for you.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:04 PM

Questions like this say more about the person asking them than anything else.

Why bother doing good? You only do good for fear of retribution in the afterlife? Seriously?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I'm not sure you understand. If I have a carnal mind then I HATE God. So what is going to cause a God hater to pray to God? Why would a God hater desire to accept Christ? The TRUTH is they WONT. They CAN'T.
God can create a circumstance for even the biggest God hater to come to the end of himself and recognize his need for God.

Quote:
It is IMPOSSIBLE for the God hater to LOVE God of themselves. Something must change in them from an external source to ENABLE them to accept God.
Yes, and that "something" is God.

Quote:
That is why verses like this exists:

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
When you come to the end of yourself and know you need God, you call out to him (we call out to Jesus), he will welcome you into his family.

Are you saying that you hate God or are you just posing the question about someone that may hate God?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post

Questions like this say more about the person asking them than anything else.

Why bother doing good? You only do good for fear of retribution in the afterlife? Seriously?
I'm talking about people that haven't accepted Jesus. Why would they bother to accept Him and do good if they are going to be forgiven anyway at the end.

I didn't say I only do good for fear of retribution... because for me there isn't going to be any retribution. I am saved, forever sealed for heaven. I don't have to worry about doing good - Jesus keeps me in line. When you accept Jesus you are forgiven for your past, present, future sins. I do good because I love Him and want to do what pleases Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity