Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 12:03 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times

Advertisements

2Co 2:17 For we are not as many, which RETAIL the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 12:19 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

A DVD for $30, a cassette for $8. Podcasts that are being charged for? Come on, if someone wanted to get the Word out they wouldn't be charging all this money to do so.

Paul
How do you know.....they are "offering for filthy lucre"??

Old 08-25-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
How do you know.....they are "offering for filthy lucre"??
They are offering for retail. That is not supposed to happen. Those are retail prices and high at that.

Paul

Old 08-25-2009, 12:33 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
They are offering for retail. That is not supposed to happen. Those are retail prices and high at that.

Paul
And as has been stated to you, it is also offered for FREE in various forms. The same message, freely given. No one is being forced to buy these other things in order to receive the message. It is simply something that is being offered for those who wish it. And, I would guess, that mainly those who do purchase things through the site are desiring to support the ministry there so that the message can CONTINUE to be spread freely to as many others as possible.

I was watching a program on a religious channel the other day. The preacher had what seemed like some good things to share on the importance of faith. Until I realized it was all leading up to this: the message became that if you wanted to be blessed you needed to prove your faith and send in a "seed offering" to that particular ministry. Now THAT, my friend, is retailing/prostituting the Word.

Paul, I know that we can both agree that there is something much more worthy to be discussed here and that is the topic of this thread: We desire all men to be saved because that is God's will! Shall we get back to that?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:

Paul
I am sorry you have reasoned this in your mind that is what is going on.....but you are making a accusation about a ministry you have no idea where the monies go.....The scripture I believe calls it "bearing false witness"!!
I believe individuals really need to be careful in what THEY think is happening...with certain ministries!

Now the scripture tells us.....Matt.18:15-17
"Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take one or more, that 'by mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.' And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

Now what you have posted, I am understanding is that this ministry you feel has sinned against you and others, right.....?
Above is the scripture in what we are to do......

But until you can give us proof of this ministry acting upon "filthy lucre" one is bearing false witness against this ministry..... and I do believe that this ministry if one would contact them, the ministry would find great pleasure and would give you information to answer your questions.....that you may come and share with us!

Blessings

Old 08-25-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And as has been stated to you, it is also offered for FREE in various forms. The same message, freely given. No one is being forced to buy these other things in order to receive the message. It is simply something that is being offered for those who wish it. And, I would guess, that mainly those who do purchase things through the site are desiring to support the ministry there so that the message can CONTINUE to be spread freely to as many others as possible.

I was watching a program on a religious channel the other day. The preacher had what seemed like some good things to share on the importance of faith. Until I realized it was all leading up to this: the message became that if you wanted to be blessed you needed to prove your faith and send in a "seed offering" to that particular ministry. Now THAT, my friend, is retailing/prostituting the Word.

Paul, I know that we can both agree that there is something much more worthy to be discussed here and that is the topic of this thread: We desire all men to be saved because that is God's will! Shall we get back to that?
Point is they are still offering God's Word for retail.

Paul

Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I am sorry you have reasoned this in your mind that is what is going on.....but you are making a accusation about a ministry you have no idea where the monies go.....The scripture I believe calls it "bearing false witness"!!
I believe individuals really need to be careful in what THEY think is happening...with certain ministries!

Now the scripture tells us.....Matt.18:15-17
"Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take one or more, that 'by mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.' And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

Now what you have posted, I am understanding is that this ministry you feel has sinned against you and others, right.....?
Above is the scripture in what we are to do......

But until you can give us proof of this ministry acting upon "filthy lucre" one is bearing false witness against this ministry..... and I do believe that this ministry if one would contact them, the ministry would find great pleasure and would give you information to answer your questions.....that you may come and share with us!

Blessings
I don't need to know where the money goes. I know that God's Word forbids it.

Paul

Old 08-25-2009, 01:31 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

What a wonderful message. Do you disagree with that scripture?

Paul
Paul,
No I don't disagree with that scripture....if that was the only scripture we have.
However, when more is told in other verses, one verse doesn't become more true than another. They're all true...not just only the ones that fit your reason. You see the word "all" and like your mind turns off to any other words from Christ.

God says that "he takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked". How more clearer do you need it?
God has provided a way fom humans to be spared from his wrath...and if you reject it that way, the wrath will remain... He doesn't take pleasure in that.
That doesn't disprove a almighty God, but proves a just God.

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-25-2009 at 02:16 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I don't need to know where the money goes. I know that God's Word forbids it.

Paul
Did you buy any of your Bibles, Paul?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No I don't disagree with that scripture....if that was the only scripture we have.
However, when more is told in other verses, one verse doesn't become more true than another. They're all true...not just only the ones that fit.
Again, URists would not disagree with that in the least as I think has been proved time and again by the willingness of many in these forums alone to go to great lenghts to expound on how they see all of Scripture working together in harmony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity