Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,380,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The reasoning is not mine. I have provided the scriptural support that shows that retailing God's Word is a sin.

Paul
Well that the problem, you beleive the bible is God WORD, but it is just a treasure map to Gods WORD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 02:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,756,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Thanks for clarifying....we're definitely not on same page. I have to stop before I get sick

Of course we are on different pages. Fundamental Christianity teaches God is a Dr. Frankenstein who has lost control of his creation and needs must torture the vast majority it for time without end in order to set things right. As if that somehow makes things right again ... ? Or the other way of looking at it is God is Dr. Jekyll to his elect and Mr. Hyde to the rest of the world. As if he gets some perverse pleasure or glory out of the destruction of the wicked. You cant have it all ways at the same time. Its one way or another. Either God made a mistake and is trying to fix his goof up with humanity and the fallen angels, or he did it on purpose. If God has allowed evil to exist on purpose in the world, it can be for only one of two reasons, either he has a good purpose for it in engendering within his creation the eventual atonement of all things in God, or because it pleases him to cause most of his creation to suffer. What sounds like the reasonable conclusion to you? The stomachs of babes cannot handle the meats of the word. We must first be weaned from the milk.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:02 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Well that the problem, you beleive the bible is God WORD, but it is just a treasure map to Gods WORD.
Yes, I believe the Bible is God's Word.

Paul

Old 08-26-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
You wish......
See, I didn't think you could either because if you did you would be concerned. But so far you haven't been able to reconcile 1 Tim 2:4 with your beliefs. It still sits there in the Bible contradicting what your preaching.

Paul

Old 08-26-2009, 03:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Of course we are on different pages. Fundamental Christianity teaches God is a Dr. Frankenstein who has lost control of his creation and needs must torture the vast majority it for time without end in order to set things right. As if that somehow makes things right again ... ? Or the other way of looking at it is God is Dr. Jekyll to his elect and Mr. Hyde to the rest of the world. As if he gets some perverse pleasure or glory out of the destruction of the wicked. You cant have it all ways at the same time. Its one way or another. Either God made a mistake and is trying to fix his goof up with humanity and the fallen angels, or he did it on purpose. If God has allowed evil to exist on purpose in the world, it can be for only one of two reasons, either he has a good purpose for it in engendering within his creation the eventual atonement of all things in God, or because it pleases him to cause most of his creation to suffer. What sounds like the reasonable conclusion to you? The stomachs of babes cannot handle the meats of the word. We must first be weaned from the milk.
Iron,
The conclusions that you draw aren't optional choices, they're filled with incorrect assumptions.

Since you think "evil is necessary, without a knowledge of which humanity would not know Good or thus truly know God." I would refer you to any one of the Mormons here. At least they would better understand where you're coming from.

I would rather be a vegetarian than digest that kind of meat....

Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times
Quote:
Iron,
The conclusions that you draw aren't optional choices, they're filled with incorrect assumptions.

Since you think "evil is necessary, without a knowledge of which humanity would not know Good or thus truly know God." I would refer you to any one of the Mormons here. At least they would better understand where you're coming from.

Twin.spin

I agree with Ironmaw,

when God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden it was because Adam did not know good and evil - he had no experience of these things.

To be part of the human race (Adam) is to experience good and evil and to be part of the new creation in Christ is to overcome evil with good.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:35 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,756,833 times
Quote:
Iron,

What other options are you offering? Care to explain yourself? I have heard many arguments, but perhaps i haven't heard them all ...

Quote:
I suppose this is your idea of Killing two birds with one stone?

You offer only rhetorical argumentation as you criticize my answers and then you sit back and only claim to know the questions? What sense do you make of anything? It seems to me you only learn by memorization because you cannot(or at least have not) explain yourself. I am left to wonder exactly what your paradigm consists of other than limited traditional indoctrination?

Quote:
Jhn 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There are so many things that most humans are not yet willing to accept ... But that doesn't make those things any less true...

Your willing, and i dare say you desire, to believe in eternal torture of the vast majority of humanity, but the idea that God is absolutely sovereign disturbs you? What are your values anyway?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Yes, I believe the Bible is God's Word.

Paul
How can a book that was put together by a bunch of people be Gods WORD?

Even Jesus said they searched the scripture to find life, but that the scriptures only TESTIFIED of HIM.

The scriptures are great, for they lead us to Christ, but they are not in any way Christ.

For the Christian the bible is nothing more then the law was to the Isrealites, both lead to CHRIST.

Tis but a treasure map to the WORD/CHRIST.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
How can a book that was put together by a bunch of people be Gods WORD?

Even Jesus said they searched the scripture to find life, but that the scriptures only TESTIFIED of HIM.

The scriptures are great, for they lead us to Christ, but they are not in any way Christ.

For the Christian the bible is nothing more then the law was to the Isrealites, both lead to CHRIST.

Tis but a treasure map to the WORD/CHRIST.

I don't discuss matters of Truth with you Pneuma.

Paul

Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I don't discuss matters of Truth with you Pneuma.

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity