U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,274 posts, read 1,663,812 times
Reputation: 246

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Pneuma, I believe there are very few real Christians at this time. I see what Jesus is saying in regards to the Flesh and Satan and have found the evidence I need from His Word. Pneuma, I have ALREADY been where your AT. So I have no need of looking again from THAT perspective unless your going to bring a new argument. Came from there to here in my search for the Truth.

The reference to the prince of the world having nothing in Him would be a reference to the works of Satan which is sin. Jesus still possesses the flesh which means that the desires will still come from within Him.

Pneuma, did Jesus have to overcome His own flesh? If so, why? What was in His flesh that would never overcome?

Paul
Paul obviously you have not been were I am at, I see it both ways, you seen it one way, God showed you another layer, and now you only see it that way. You've given up one layer for another, I have not I see both layers as true.

And you keep glossing over the fact that I and many other people have come into contact with satan (spiritual being).

How do you explain that?

Bob and I have already showed you how we see Jesus overcoming the flesh, there is nothing sinfull in our flesh in and of itself, our flesh only becomes sinful when satan shoots his darts (a long range weapon)we dwell upon that dart, it conceives and brings for sin.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
396 posts, read 356,128 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Nope
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:32 AM
 
1,565 posts, read 943,377 times
Reputation: 150
If I have an evil thought & temptation that needs to be brought into submission to Christ, what difference is it to me whether it originated in my sinful flesh allegorized as Satan, or was planted there by an actual evil spirit being Satan. Either way the effect is the same: I have sinful thought that must be rejected and brought into captivity to Christ in me.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Status: "God saves ALL" (set 6 days ago)
 
5,941 posts, read 2,962,246 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
If I have an evil thought & temptation that needs to be brought into submission to Christ, what difference is it to me whether it originated in my sinful flesh allegorized as Satan, or was planted there by an actual evil spirit being Satan. Either way the effect is the same: I have sinful thought that must be rejected and brought into captivity to Christ in me.
Well, maybe not a difference to you. Only you can tell us what difference it is to you. But to me, it tells me that I can't blame another entity. I have to point the finger AT ME. I have to understand that who I am is evil.

Paul
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Status: "God saves ALL" (set 6 days ago)
 
5,941 posts, read 2,962,246 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Paul obviously you have not been were I am at, I see it both ways, you seen it one way, God showed you another layer, and now you only see it that way. You've given up one layer for another, I have not I see both layers as true.

And you keep glossing over the fact that I and many other people have come into contact with satan (spiritual being).

How do you explain that?

Bob and I have already showed you how we see Jesus overcoming the flesh, there is nothing sinfull in our flesh in and of itself, our flesh only becomes sinful when satan shoots his darts (a long range weapon)we dwell upon that dart, it conceives and brings for sin.
Again, what is in Jesus flesh that would need to be overcome? (I misspelled my earlier question)

Paul
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,274 posts, read 1,663,812 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
If I have an evil thought & temptation that needs to be brought into submission to Christ, what difference is it to me whether it originated in my sinful flesh allegorized as Satan, or was planted there by an actual evil spirit being Satan. Either way the effect is the same: I have sinful thought that must be rejected and brought into captivity to Christ in me.
The only difference to me Bob is that in order to fight we have to know who our enemy is.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,274 posts, read 1,663,812 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Well, maybe not a difference to you. Only you can tell us what difference it is to you. But to me, it tells me that I can't blame another entity. I have to point the finger AT ME. I have to understand that who I am is evil.

Paul
yet God says He created you good, so your becoming evil is not of God or you, for a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,274 posts, read 1,663,812 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Again, what is in Jesus flesh that would need to be overcome? (I misspelled my earlier question)

Paul
Paul already asked and answered a couple of times, reread the posts.

And again you gloss over the fact that I and other have had direct contact with this spirit being, what do you do with that?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Status: "God saves ALL" (set 6 days ago)
 
5,941 posts, read 2,962,246 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Paul already asked and answered a couple of times, reread the posts.

And again you gloss over the fact that I and other have had direct contact with this spirit being, what do you do with that?
I don't believe you had any contact with a stand alone Satan. I don't get your answer regarding my question.

Paul
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 AM
 
1,565 posts, read 943,377 times
Reputation: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The only difference to me Bob is that in order to fight we have to know who our enemy is.
It seems to me Scott that Paul did not isolate the evil that he was at war with to something exclusively outside of himself.
  • Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
  • Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members
  • Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top