Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,506,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Exactly, so providing who's authority someones point of view is attributed to is meaningless.
I am not the one who is professing to be right and everybody else wrong. This is not my thread. I merely asked under what authority do you come by your deduction? If no authority then no one is right rendering this thread moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 PM

257 posts, read 441,890 times
I can't imagine that the Apostle Paul would involve himself with endless debates with those who pervert sound doctrine.

He would however, eventually turn thier body over to satan for the destuction of the flesh, for the protection of the Church and in an effort to help the false teachers to repent and be saved.

Those who proclaim a false gospel, should repent, before it is to late.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:10 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,454,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Amen ILNC

A god made after the image of man,,,go figure. A new "golden calf" so to speak.

"Hey, you know God loves you?" REALLY, I LOVE ME TOO!!
"Hey, you know God desires to save you?" REALLY, I DESIRE TO SAVE ME TO!!
"Hey, you know all you have to do is say a little prayer, and your ticket to heaven is assured?" REALLY, I CAN GO TO HEAVEN, AND HAVE MY BEST LIFE NOW??

Give me some prayer, declare me saved,,,shoot declare everyone saved. Then we can all have our cookie now, and eat it. Do I need to do anything after this prayer? Really? Ask for anyything and it will be given to me? Golly gee, pastor. It is all just glorious news isn't it, this god of yours?? I want a god like that too!

This is NOT the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible desires everyone to call upon Him and the Name of the Only Begotten Son. He desires that you submit to Him, as King of all. He desires that you repent of your evil ways, so that a New Creation can be formed in you, by the working of the Holy Spirit. He desires it SO MUCH that He sent His Son here as a ransom for ALL. To save us from ourselves and our filth. Now that is LOVE! If you choose to deny this, or to live your best lives now, then how can we claim to follow Him who said that the WORLD will HATE us, because they know not the One who sent the Son?

This is the God I serve. If it is not yours, then I wonder what your god looks like.

k:

Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,909,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
I can't imagine that the Apostle Paul would involve himself with endless debates with those who pervert sound doctrine.

He would however, eventually turn thier body over to satan for the destuction of the flesh, for the protection of the Church and in an effort to help the false teachers to repent and be saved.

Those who proclaim a false gospel, should repent, before it is to late.

What are you waiting for?

Old 07-30-2009, 02:21 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,881,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses say the same. What makes you right and them wrong? It's their Father too, is it not?
What makes me right? I take at face value what the Scriptures say. If they say "God will have all mankind to be saved for Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim.2:4-6) I believe it. The JW's & Mormons don't, and you, being like them, explain away these truths.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:24 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,072,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
What are you waiting for?

Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,411,196 times
The really bad thing about any ism and shism is that they all come with their own self-serving set of rules and regulations! Why not just Love Him for who He is? You know, I've never heard the word universalism before I came here?

Do you not know that when we stand before Him, we will be stripped to our bare essentials, that NOT ONE "label" will do us any good? Having a relationship with our Lord and Saviour is so much more rewarding! Try it! Forget the "labels" people!

Old 07-30-2009, 02:26 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,112,561 times
Mat 18:18

Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,072,667 times
Is me

Old 07-30-2009, 03:40 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,909,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The really bad thing about any ism and shism is that they all come with their own self-serving set of rules and regulations! Why not just Love Him for who He is? You know, I've never heard the word universalism before I came here?

Do you not know that when we stand before Him, we will be stripped to our bare essentials, that NOT ONE "label" will do us any good? Having a relationship with our Lord and Saviour is so much more rewarding! Try it! Forget the "labels" people!

Well, until we get there and stripped bare, there is work to be done that goes beyond our own feelings about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity