Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 07:52 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,045,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Oh come on, man, it was your thread for Pete's sake.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ciliation.html
Yes it was but i have just shared with you 4 people who have been open to the teaching of UR without the internet , so what's your point ?.

Infact i shared on here a few months ago about a huge sign outside a church when i was a babe in Christ which said "In Christ all shall be made alive" this was twenty odd years ago .
As i read it i believe the Lord opened my eyes to the truth of it , but i rejected it because i was indoctrinated by then into the teaching of ET.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 07:56 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,844,585 times
Been here--done this

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...versalism.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...versalism.html

Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,986,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Paul,

Those that believe in ET do not even think that it is the deeds committed that are being punished eternally - it is the sin of unbelief. ie not accepting Jesus as Saviour.

So you get doctrines of believe and be saved, which translates to believers are good and unbelievers are wicked - so believers go to heaven and non believers go to eternal hell.
Well they would be of the belief that God FAILS to persuade. God is the MASTER Persuader - His persuasion cannot fail.

Paul

Old 07-31-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
It is.

The very universalists that have been 'recruited' to this site even shared that all of you were led astray by the internet.

This isn't something that's mainstream or widely accepted and many scholars....you know, people who actually have knowledge about these things based on more than wiki, tentmaker, or Ray Smith....and those scholars disagree with the (false) teaching.

You can dress it up and try and sell it anyway you like...but it ain't what you profess. Sorry.

Glad it's pretty much just floating out here on the world wide web deceiving just a few instead of many. Not much anyone can do about it but just meet lies with Truth, so you see what we have here at City-Data....another 'us vs them' mentality of folks arguing and no one changing anyone's mind.

Sounds productive doesn't it?

Surely something God would want us doing, right?

Whatever.
Oh, I see - it is supposed to be MAINSTREAM to be acceptable. NO Wonder they CRUCIFIED JESUS. He definately wasn't mainstream.

Paul

Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Lots-o-Christ in that post. LOL

You guys just continue to prove points today.

Many thanks to you and Camps!
Why don't you debate based on the scriptures Alpha8207. I know certainly that any doctrine that is not universalist cannot hold up. So bring your verses on.

Paul

Old 07-31-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Oh, I see - it is supposed to be MAINSTREAM to be acceptable. NO Wonder they CRUCIFIED JESUS. He definately wasn't mainstream.

Paul
Ridiculous.

So everything that's mainstream must be false and everything that's not must be true.

Classic Strawman.

As in your grasping at straws, man.

Mainstream: Jesus came to pay the penalty for your sins. True or false?

Mainstream: Jesus rose from the dead. True or false?

Mainstream: Jesus was asked 'Will only a few be saved?' True or false.

And then share his answer for us. Just the scriptures please though....not the classic UR spin on them. Just quote what Christ said when He was POINT BLANK asked 'Will only a few be saved?'

Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Why don't you debate based on the scriptures Alpha8207. I know certainly that any doctrine that is not universalist cannot hold up. So bring your verses on.

Paul

See post 26 and go at it.

If UR is such a huge issue as to make someone like Camps tell me we worship different Gods, then surely Christ will be CRYSTAL clear when He was asked 'Will only a few be saved?'

Can you just quote His response without spinning your web around His words?

Here...for those HONEST folks genuinely seeking...don't take my word for it, I'm a fallible man.

Go go BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Click 'keyword search' and do a search for 'few saved'....the two passages that are returned are very telling.

Quote:
Ridiculous.

So everything that's mainstream must be false and everything that's not must be true.

Classic Strawman.

As in your grasping at straws, man.

Mainstream: Jesus came to pay the penalty for your sins. True or false?

Mainstream: Jesus rose from the dead. True or false?

Mainstream: Jesus was asked 'Will only a few be saved?' True or false.

And then share his answer for us. Just the scriptures please though....not the classic UR spin on them. Just quote what Christ said when He was POINT BLANK asked 'Will only a few be saved?'
No, I just exposed your strawman and by your reply, you just confirmed it.

Tell me though, why is that you believe God fails to persuade some?

Paul

37,336 posts, read 28,045,767 times
Here's your mainstream organized religious christian church system statement of faith.

Hypocrisy

Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:

See post 26 and go at it.

If UR is such a huge issue as to make someone like Camps tell me we worship different Gods, then surely Christ will be CRYSTAL clear when He was asked 'Will only a few be saved?'

Can you just quote His response without spinning your web around His words?

Here...for those HONEST folks genuinely seeking...don't take my word for it, I'm a fallible man.

Go go BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Click 'keyword search' and do a search for 'few saved'....the two passages that are returned are very telling.
There is no few that will be saved. Any such assertion is a misunderstanding of God's Word. So why don't you get specific. Take a verse out and throw it at me that you believe refute universal salvation.

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity