U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2009, 03:08 AM
 
Location: New England
32,233 posts, read 21,115,456 times
Reputation: 2280

Advertisements

While doctrine is more important than loving our neighbor , our doctrine is worthless whether it be 100% correct or not.

We are completely missing the point if we think doctrine is the most important issue.

There as been a bunch of videos posted lately exalting doctrine over love, they just stop short of saying you can't be a believer if you doctrine does not line up with what is being taught on them .

Jesus said by this shall all men know you are my disciples "you have love for one another"

I have no doubt if we are walking in love , God will take care of the doctrines, not the other way round.

It says the greatest of all these is Love 1Cor 13 verse 13

I have no doubt i will be told how wrong this post is , and be reminded how important doctrine is . After seeking the heart of God yesterday after reading on the religious and philosphy forum how christianity is mocked , i believe it's church doctrine that as opened itself(the church) up to being mocked , it's even made a doctrine out of love by making it conditional and exclusive.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-03-2009 at 04:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 AM
 
320 posts, read 398,848 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
While doctrine is more important than loving our neighbor , our doctrine is worthless whether it be 100% correct or not.

We are completely missing the point if we think doctrine is the most important issue.

There as been a bunch of videos posted lately exalting doctrine over love, they just stop short of saying you can't be a believer if you doctrine does not line up with what is being taught on them .

Jesus said by this shall all men know you are my disciples "you have love for one another"

I have no doubt if we are walking in love , God will take care of the doctrines, not the other way round.

It says the greatest of all these is Love 1Cor 13 verse 13
Amen and Amen....!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2009, 06:58 AM
 
148 posts, read 210,480 times
Reputation: 20
"I would rather have the wrong facts and a right attitude, than right facts than a wrong attitude.
God can change my understanding of the facts in a moment, but it often takes a lifetime to affect
changes of attitude."


Why can't you have both?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:11 AM
 
Location: New England
32,233 posts, read 21,115,456 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
"I would rather have the wrong facts and a right attitude, than right facts than a wrong attitude.
God can change my understanding of the facts in a moment, but it often takes a lifetime to affect
changes of attitude."

Why can't you have both?


You mean i have a wrong attitude because i will not accept what is being said in the videos you keep posting.

If a believer rejects doctrine over love it does not mean they have a wrong attitude , it means they don't have the cart before the horse and this is exactly where christianity as failed. If this is a wrong attitude because it offends you then i guess i have a wrong attitude.

By stealth what your man is saying in the videos is "we have it all right doctrinally" and if you don't line up with it you are _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'_ _ (fill in the blanks appropriately).Your post verifies this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 AM
 
148 posts, read 210,480 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post


You mean i have a wrong attitude because i will not accept what is being said in the videos you keep posting.

If a believer rejects doctrine over love it does not mean they have a wrong attitude , it means they don't have the cart before the horse and this is exactly where christianity as failed. If this is a wrong attitude because it offends you then i guess i have a wrong attitude.

By stealth what your man is saying in the videos is "we have it all right doctrinally" and if you don't line up with it you are _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'_ _ (fill in the blanks appropriately).Your post verifies this.
You get your information and belief from your doctrine. Which is the right doctrine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,839,869 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
"I would rather have the wrong facts and a right attitude, than right facts than a wrong attitude.
God can change my understanding of the facts in a moment, but it often takes a lifetime to affect
changes of attitude."

Why can't you have both?



A person cannot be assured nor teach that they have the 100% correct facts when sin still dwells within us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:12 AM
 
148 posts, read 210,480 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
A person cannot be assured nor teach that they have the 100% correct facts when sin still dwells within us
Well then you can't be sure of what you just stated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:17 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,839,869 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
Well then you can't be sure of what you just stated?
That's what I just said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:18 AM
 
148 posts, read 210,480 times
Reputation: 20
Doctrine isn't against His love. Doctrines role is not to usurp God's love or authory. It is here to put His authority in the proper perspective and to give it authority, keep things in order and accurate. Doctrines can teach love in the doctrione of atonement, doctrine of propitiation, the doctrine of irresistable grace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:20 AM
 
148 posts, read 210,480 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That's what I just said.
Then what you said is false since you can't be sure of anything you say and the opposite of what you believe could be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top