U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
 
Location: NC
10,259 posts, read 8,251,919 times
Reputation: 1204
Do you believe that the ages will end, Paul? I believe that aionios is related to the age or pertains to the age. Just as if we might say the adjective of year is yearly. Ex: We will make a yearly profit. It is related to the year but years are limited in duration. I do agree that the end is concealed as far as "aionios" for us because we may not see the end, but I do believe that it is related to a limited time. Thanks for sharing your belief and view. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-16-2009 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 PM
 
Location: NC
10,259 posts, read 8,251,919 times
Reputation: 1204
anathema= to be cursed, accursed

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 4,018,860 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I actually believe that Jesus reign does end when He turns over the Kingdom to the Father but haven't studied it much.

Paul
1 Corinthians 15:25-28
"For he(Christ) must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he(the father) is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him(the father) that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."


When God is all in all there will no longer be a need for Christ to rule, because all power and authority will have been put down and all people will be subject to Gods will through Christ so that no one transgresses any more. God will rule all in all, there will be no greater or lesser as all will be one in God. All persons will be sat down in Christs throne even as he is sat down in the throne of the father. Everyone in their own order as will be testified in due time. The first fruits who are his at his coming through the spirit and faith, and then the rest of the world at the fullness of times through his fiery judgments.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 08-16-2009 at 06:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 05:08 PM
 
5,431 posts, read 2,555,054 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Do you believe that the ages will end, Paul? I believe that aionios is related to the age or pertains to the age. Just as if we might say the adjective of year is yearly. Ex: We will make a yearly profit. It is related to the year but years are limited in duration. I do agree that the end is concealed as far as "aionios" for us because we may not see the end, but I do believe that it is related to a limited time. Thanks for sharing your belief and view. God bless.
I think it is impossible for all ages to end. In reality there would still be an age of all the ages. I also believe aionios to be an adjective and pertains to the age. The difference is that you see it as limiting because the age that it pertains to is. I don't see it that way. I merely see it pointing to the current age and telling us that whatever it is describing will endure that age into the next one.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 PM
 
5,431 posts, read 2,555,054 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
1 Corinthians 15:25-28
"For he(Christ) must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he(the father) is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him(the father) that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."


When God is all in all there will no longer be a need for Christ to rule, because all power and authority will have been put down and all people will be subject to Gods will through Christ so that no one transgresses any more. God will rule all in all, there will be no greater or lesser as all will be one in God. All persons will be sat down in Christs throne even as he is sat down in the throne of the father. Everyone in there own order as will be testified in due time. The first fruits who are his at his coming through the spirit and faith, and then the rest of the world at the fullness of times through his fiery judgments.
Yes, that is pretty much why I believe there will come an end to the reign also.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 05:58 PM
 
Location: NC
10,259 posts, read 8,251,919 times
Reputation: 1204
Quote:
I merely see it pointing to the current age and telling us that whatever it is describing will endure that age into the next one.
I agree with that Paul, but I believe that aionios relates to the ages in general. Time as we know it, I believe is what is referred to as the ages, but I believe that the ages come to an end. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM
 
Location: NC
10,259 posts, read 8,251,919 times
Reputation: 1204
Quote:
When God is all in all there will no longer be a need for Christ to rule, because all power and authority will have been put down and all people will be subject to Gods will through Christ so that no one transgresses any more. God will rule all in all, there will be no greater or lesser as all will be one in God. All persons will be sat down in Christs throne even as he is sat down in the throne of the father. Everyone in there own order as will be testified in due time. The first fruits who are his at his coming through the spirit and faith, and then the rest of the world at the fullness of times through his fiery judgments
.

Good post. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 07:25 PM
 
5,431 posts, read 2,555,054 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I agree with that Paul, but I believe that aionios relates to the ages in general. Time as we know it, I believe is what is referred to as the ages, but I believe that the ages come to an end. God bless.
The word "aion" would be used to refer to plural ages.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 08:00 PM
 
Location: NC
10,259 posts, read 8,251,919 times
Reputation: 1204
I believe that aions means the plural of aion, is this what you mean, Paul? For example in these passages


Titus 1
1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of the choice ones of God, and an acknowledging of truth that [is] according to piety,
2upon hope of life age-during, which God, who doth not lie, did promise before times of ages, (YLT)

Ephesians 3

10that there might be made known now to the principalities and the authorities in the heavenly [places], through the assembly, the manifold wisdom of God,
11according to a purpose of the ages, which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12in whom we have the freedom and the access in confidence through the faith of him, (YLT)

I believe that aionios (the adjective) refers to the ages in general meaning this age and the age or ages to come. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
 
9,106 posts, read 4,469,986 times
Reputation: 989
Paul,
Luke 1:33
and he [Jesus] will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top