Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:27 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

This is a good to thing to see from the belief in the eventual restoration of all to God. Many say that God will not allow wickedness into heaven (which they believe is what UR is saying but is false) but they believe that God will allow wickedness to exist forever in everlasting hell. We believe that wicked men will no longer exist when God becomes all in all. (1 Cor. 15) God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-05-2009 at 01:56 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
I take it you are talking about annihilation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presby View Post
Yes indeed God's wrath will end one day when there are no more wicked people because He will burn them all up.
I agree with this. The wicked will be gone. But the burning up is not necessarily physical.

Quote:
There will be no reconciliation.
I disagree here as scripture says God is reconciling all to himself (Col 1:16-20, 2 Cor 5:18-19).

The reason the wicked are no more is they have all been converted to righteousness.

Quote:
Psalm 37:20 - But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
Yes the wicked will perish. They will be replaced with a new creation. Look at Saul's conversion to Paul. Saul was wicked. He was destroyed. The new creation "Paul" took his place. But they were the same person you say! Yes and no. Physically they were. But Saul no longer existed. Spiritually he was changed into one of the greatest apostles - Paul.

That is the model for every single individual's conversion.

Anyway, at least we both agree wickedness will be destroyed.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:36 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I believe that wicked men shall perish and shall be no more and I also believe that there will be a new creation which will include all men. Just as the old man must die in believers we are being transformed into a new creation. There will be no enemies when God turns all into His friends. Death leads to restoration. God bless.
Yep .... God tells us to overcome evil with good - evil will be overcome in each person - for each individual there is an old adamic creation and a new creation IN CHRIST

Old 08-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, I am leaning in this direction more and more, as there are so many verses where God Himself says He will destroy the wicked. Actually, I've been leaning in so many directions lately I've knocked down every wall within ten feet of me.
Thrillobyte,

I know what you mean ... I went through that as well!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 03:42 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
God gets his jollies torturing people ? forever ? degrees of badness on a sliding scale ?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:59 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Yep .... God tells us to overcome evil with good - evil will be overcome in each person - for each individual there is an old adamic creation and a new creation IN CHRIST
Amen, Meerkat God bless.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:52 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
The Question is, how can hell and the punishment of the wicked not be Eternal, since the Great God they Have sinned against is Eternal ?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
The Question is, how can hell and the punishment of the wicked not be Eternal, since the Great God they Have sinned against is Eternal ?
Does not follow that an eternal God because he creates finite creatures - that he then has to make them immortal to punish them for eternity, just because they never believed in him and the reason why they never believed in him was because he made them not believe. In fact it is the eternal God who has made the finite beings sin against him because that is how he created them. That is what you have been telling us.

It also means that sin and corruption has been made immortal by the Holy Spirit, but that goes against what the fruits of the Spirit are.

I believe that what God has revealed is that he made finite creatures to be judged for what they do - finite beings, judged finitely, punished finitely, corrected purified {aionian) - then given immortality

1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:13 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
An Eternal God who has been wronged, deserves for those wronging Him, for them to be punished eternally..

Old 08-05-2009, 07:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
An Eternal God who has been wronged, deserves for those wronging Him, for them to be punished eternally..
If you believe this you must do the same thing when you are wronged.

We manifest the god we believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity