U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:33 AM
 
6,176 posts, read 3,604,602 times
Reputation: 645
Default How can hell be eternal if God's wrath is not eternal?

The answer is it can't. "Hell" is not eternal because God's wrath ends:

NIV:
Rev 15:1 I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God's wrath is completed.

NLT:
Rev 15:1 Then I saw in heaven another marvelous event of great significance. Seven angels were holding the seven last plagues, which would bring God’s wrath to completion.

Amplified:
Rev 15:1 THEN I saw another wonder (sign, token, symbol) in heaven, great and marvelous [warning of events of ominous significance]: There were seven angels bringing seven plagues (afflictions, calamities), which are the last, for with them God's wrath (indignation) is completely expressed [reaches its climax and is ended]


The Amplified version makes it crystal clear.

 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 AM
 
Location: NC
10,259 posts, read 8,247,097 times
Reputation: 1204
Excellent point. God's wrath does not go on forever and ever but His love does. God bless.
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
 
Location: The A
1,876 posts, read 1,283,605 times
Reputation: 46
Gods wrath is eternal for the wicked and their punishment..

matt 25: 46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 AM
 
6,176 posts, read 3,604,602 times
Reputation: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Gods wrath is eternal for the wicked and their punishment..

matt 25: 46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
b57, you are making a fool of yourself. We are told quite clearly in Rev 15:1 that God's wrath ends, so it is not eternal for anyone, including the wicked.

Matt 25:46 speaks of age-abiding punishment and age-abiding life, but that is a separate issue.

The fact is God's wrath ends at some point. Your false assertions do not change that truth.
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:57 AM
 
Location: The A
1,876 posts, read 1,283,605 times
Reputation: 46
Gods wrath towards the wicked is everlasting punishment..

Gods wrath is eternal for the wicked and their punishment..

matt 25: 46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:06 AM
 
Location: NC
10,259 posts, read 8,247,097 times
Reputation: 1204
Legoman, beloved is not going to change his position, right now Just keep sharing the truth and God will bring the increase. Thanks for the thread! God bless.
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:09 AM
 
Location: The A
1,876 posts, read 1,283,605 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Legoman, beloved is not going to change his position, right now Just keep sharing the truth and God will bring the increase. Thanks for the thread! God bless.
I am grounded in the Truth of God, by His Grace.. I cannot change because of the Work of God..
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 AM
 
148 posts, read 134,566 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The answer is it can't. "Hell" is not eternal because God's wrath ends:

NIV:
Rev 15:1 I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God's wrath is completed.

NLT:
Rev 15:1 Then I saw in heaven another marvelous event of great significance. Seven angels were holding the seven last plagues, which would bring God’s wrath to completion.

Amplified:
Rev 15:1 THEN I saw another wonder (sign, token, symbol) in heaven, great and marvelous [warning of events of ominous significance]: There were seven angels bringing seven plagues (afflictions, calamities), which are the last, for with them God's wrath (indignation) is completely expressed [reaches its climax and is ended]

The Amplified version makes it crystal clear.
God's wrath in this context or the wrath of God overall against sin.

God puts His enemies under a footstool.

God has feet?

The hand of God......

God has hands?

God sees the wickedness......

God has eyes?

His hair was like wool.......

God is an african american male?

Like a hen who gathers her chicks

God is a woman?
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
 
Location: NC
10,259 posts, read 8,247,097 times
Reputation: 1204
What does Paul say the wages of sin is? Death or eternal hell, Soljia?

Did Jesus taste eternal suffering for every man or did He taste death for every man?

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-05-2009 at 09:38 AM..
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:27 AM
 
6,176 posts, read 3,604,602 times
Reputation: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
God's wrath in this context or the wrath of God overall against sin.
God's wrath in general. Eventually God's wrath will end once sin has been destroyed. Rev 15:1 says God's wrath is completely expressed. That means there is no "other" wrath of God's to continue on in eternity.

Quote:
God puts His enemies under a footstool.

God has feet?

The hand of God......

God has hands?

God sees the wickedness......

God has eyes?

His hair was like wool.......

God is an african american male?

Like a hen who gathers her chicks

God is a woman?
Not sure what your point here was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top