U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,253,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hey kahskye, no problems here.

Paul
Thanks, no problems here either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 12:23 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,075,410 times
I am pleased to read the posts here. I made a snide comment that would not be helpful. Peace to all!...and I still dont know why, but am closer to understanding "Its not my job to" understand why. (Dontcha know!)

Old 08-18-2009, 02:19 AM

4,109 posts, read 2,281,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Years ago someone started a thread entitled "What Does God Look Like?" -I remember writing how as a nonbeliever, that if God existed, that I couldn't help but think that God would somehow 'be' or 'look' like the photograph of a newborn baby that had been taken and posted elsewhere on this forum. In a moment of artistic creativity, some father had captured the beauty of his own God given creation. The image depicted a newborn, lifting it's head and looking directly into the eye of the camera; where the eye of the father who held the camera managed to capture the eyes of that newborn that in so many ways, without words, silently said "I Am." There was something almost magically musical in the image captured. And just as there exists an almost majestic mystery to the conception of, and creation of new life, so too at the time was there an almost majestic musical mystery that I saw in it, and about which I wrote... --Because it made me think. Ponder. Question. This thread totally underminds all of that.
Don't give up what has been given to you, because others choose not to see it. What you saw is such a beautiful thing. So eloquently worded. I got lost in your words just trying to picture it.

Though ugliness abounds.. please don't let that dim the light of the beauty that exists. Ugly can be very loud at times, just don't let it drown out the quiet beauty that IS.

This, to me, is the stuff of faith.
To stand strong, holding onto the beauty that you have been given.
No matter how much ugliness spreads around you, no matter how loud and obnoxious it gets. To stand firm. Steadfast. Not letting go of the beauty.
Not allowing it to be trampled over. Because beauty is the stuff of truth. Ugly is the stuff of lies. Ugly is on the path of destruction. It will not last. It is powerless. That is why it's so loud.

peace to you June.
I hope you understand what I mean.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 AM

4,274 posts, read 1,665,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Non sequitur. I submit you do not believe in God . . . you believe in a mythical being created out of the fears and ignorance of primitive men . . . IF you don't realize that Jesus came to CORRECT the OT nonsense beliefs about God and to reveal the TRUE NATURE of God.
You must spread the reps around before giving more to Mystic.

Amen bro/sis, tis what I have been trying to get people to see for sometime now

God bless

Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Obviously nobody should deny that but the scripture I posted doesn't say that everyone is imperfect, it says that ALL have sinned.

Paul
eek gad there are TWO TYPES OF SIN

Sin UNTO DEATH a baby can never commit such a sin, for this sin is only done WILLINGLY.

And a sin NOT unto death, which is a sin AGAINST our wills.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You keep forgetting that DEATH is defined as the wages of sin in scripture.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

There is NO death without sin. You can't die unless you have sinned. It is IMPOSSIBLE to DIE unless you have sin.

Paul
death is the wages of ONE specific sin, WILFULL DISOBEDIENCE

Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 AM

5,946 posts, read 2,965,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
death is the wages of ONE specific sin, WILFULL DISOBEDIENCE
Pneuma, I won't talk about these things until Farve returns to football.

Paul

Old 08-18-2009, 12:17 PM

4,325 posts, read 3,387,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
eek gad there are TWO TYPES OF SIN

Sin UNTO DEATH a baby can never commit such a sin, for this sin is only done WILLINGLY.

And a sin NOT unto death, which is a sin AGAINST our wills.
Actually, there are three:

Error: unknowingly sinning and correcting
Sin: knowing and correcting
Inequity: Knowing and not correcting. This one can lead to annihilation.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:13 PM

23,179 posts, read 11,388,176 times
Quote:
I always recognize that I could be wrong. And I will give in to logical and rational refutation which many are NOT willing to do because they adhere to some tradition. I don't hold tradition, TRUTH is of the utmost priority in my theology. I desire to seek it and to know it and preach it. If you got a rational and logical refutation then I will sincerely consider it. Please keep in mind that many arguments I have already explored but always looking forward to hear well thought out arguments that are contrary to my views. Most of my opponents are not willing to put the same effort into my comments.

Paul
A few points to ponder . . . Wages must be earned by the effort of the individual . . . sin is a verb requiring action by the individual . . . it is NOT a disease so it can't be caught from anyone else . . . there is no magic transference by decree . . . WE are responsible for sinning through our ignorance, immaturity and selfish natures because that is the natural state of life (maturity must be ATTAINED by growth and effort . . . it cannot be WILLED or WISHED for) . . . babies are not very mature, Trettep.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:29 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,965,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
A few points to ponder . . . Wages must be earned by the effort of the individual . . . sin is a verb requiring action by the individual . . . it is NOT a disease so it can't be caught from anyone else . . . there is no magic transference by decree . . . WE are responsible for sinning through our ignorance, immaturity and selfish natures because that is the natural state of life (maturity must be ATTAINED by growth and effort . . . it cannot be WILLED or WISHED for) . . . babies are not very mature, Trettep.
Let's go with what you believe here is the truth and that babies don't have sin. What is the scriptural reason for why they die?

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity