Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 04:29 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
This is not the message Christiain universalsm/universal salvation. What we do today does matter. But back to the topic God bless.
Your right sorry, & GOD BLESS YOU TOO!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM

320 posts, read 449,200 times
I obviously have much to catch up on tonight, But from what I've read their seems to be inflamed arguments on this topic, I'd like to leave with this!

Continue to Love and Forgive eachother even when we can't see eye to eye, and do not let the sun go down while you're still angry, Keep your hearts from becoming hard in all these test and trials, at the end of the day when the dust has cleared, there in front of you stands your brother/sister, made in the image and likeness Of GOD. "LOVE" always, keeping our hearts tender towards God and each other!

God Bless you guys! grace and peace!

Old 08-17-2009, 05:52 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Of course I believe what I'm saying is the Truth.

Paul
As long as you recognize that it is your BELIEF and that it is not necessarily "THE Truth."

Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
I obviously have much to catch up on tonight, But from what I've read their seems to be inflamed arguments on this topic, I'd like to leave with this!

Continue to Love and Forgive eachother even when we can't see eye to eye, and do not let the sun go down while you're still angry, Keep your hearts from becoming hard in all these test and trials, at the end of the day when the dust has cleared, there in front of you stands your brother/sister, made in the image and likeness Of GOD. "LOVE" always, keeping our hearts tender towards God and each other!

God Bless you guys! grace and peace!
Nice post! I apologize if any of my comments seemed inflamed. That's not at all what I'm about. I've stated what I believe and won't make any further comments pertaining to babies.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:30 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As long as you recognize that it is your BELIEF and that it is not necessarily "THE Truth."
I always recognize that I could be wrong. And I will give in to logical and rational refutation which many are NOT willing to do because they adhere to some tradition. I don't hold tradition, TRUTH is of the utmost priority in my theology. I desire to seek it and to know it and preach it. If you got a rational and logical refutation then I will sincerely consider it. Please keep in mind that many arguments I have already explored but always looking forward to hear well thought out arguments that are contrary to my views. Most of my opponents are not willing to put the same effort into my comments.

Paul

Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Nice post! I apologize if any of my comments seemed inflamed. That's not at all what I'm about. I've stated what I believe and won't make any further comments pertaining to babies.
Hey kahskye, no problems here.

Paul

Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
My message says: Obey God, and his commandments, love your neighbor, do not steal, do not commit adultery, do good works, do everything in your life in God's glory and you shall enter into the gates and have everlasting life!!!!!

Sounds to me that if everyone followed my message the world would be a better place!!!

ALMOST2L8
This sounds very close to the truth but it is not the truth. The message is faith in His grace , the doing part is born out of relationship with God.

I do not believe for one minute we obey to prove we love God , when we through our relationship with Him come to know how much He loves us, we obey Him out of love.

As for Universalists saying "we might as well live how you want to if all are going to be saved" is a false allegation.

Anyone who believes in the salvation of all men that i know of does not believe anything of the sort.

Infact that the thought "We might as well live how we want if all are going to be saved" comes out of the heart of the person who does not know(does not know Him intimately) God .

Old 08-17-2009, 06:52 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This sounds very close to the truth but it is not the truth. The message is faith in His grace , the doing part is born out of relationship with God.

I do not believe for one minute we obey to prove we love God , when we through our relationship with Him come to know how much He loves us, we obey Him out of love.

As for Universalists saying "we might as well live how you want to if all are going to be saved" is a false allegation.

Anyone who believes in the salvation of all men that i know of does not believe anything of the sort.

Infact that the thought "We might as well live how we want if all are going to be saved" comes out of the heart of the person who does not know(does not know Him intimately) God .
What I said is not what all I believe needs to be done to enter the gates. I was just representing an example. Also apparently some "universalists" do believe that we can do as we please because were all saved. But thank you for your input. Your heart is in a great place!!!!

And to trettep,
I definately meant no harm was just a little blown away by your beliefs, as you probably were with mine!!!!

GOD BLESS GUYS!!!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
What I said is not what all I believe needs to be done to enter the gates. I was just representing an example. Also apparently some "universalists" do believe that we can do as we please because were all saved. But thank you for your input. Your heart is in a great place!!!!

And to trettep,
I definately meant no harm was just a little blown away by your beliefs, as you probably were with mine!!!!

GOD BLESS GUYS!!!!!
Hi Almost2lb. I wasn't blown away with your beliefs at all. I n fact that seem more aligned with the mainstream. But seriously brother, I will take your comment seriously and I hope you take mine seriously. Don't conform to some minister at the Sunday services or anything like that but instead let's agree to conform to Jesus Christ. I think you will find there is some VERY unique and interesting perspectives that universalists can put forward.

Paul

Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
Your right sorry, & GOD BLESS YOU TOO!!!!
Thank you, ALMOST, it is okay. I've found that there is a lot of misunderstanding so I seek to help clarify when I can. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity