Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:30 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
No, that can't be speaking of immortality because only Jesus has immortality:

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Paul
You dont know what your talking about..you still havent delt with rev 14:9-11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 03:40 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
You dont know what your talking about..you still havent delt with rev 14:9-11
Sorry beloved, but I don't embrace contradiction. If a scripture appears to contradict another scripture then it is being understood incorrectly or there is some translational error. To often it is that people read God's Words with an earthly perspective instead of a Spiritual perspective. You want me to believe that the wicked will have immortality but that would cleary be in contradiction to the other scripture I provided. Is that contradiction ACCEPTABLE to you?

Paul

Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
Your context is off
Hi Soljia, I don't take comments like "that is out of context" seriously unless someone is willing to say why or how it is taken out of context. To me it is like a child saying "because" and then giving no reason.

Paul

Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Sorry beloved, but I don't embrace contradiction
You reject scripture, rev 14 9-11 not going nowhere, just because you reject it..

Old 08-10-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
You reject scripture, rev 14 9-11 not going nowhere, just because you reject it..
No, I reject your interpretation of it. But again, for you to embrace it by your interpretation then you would be contradicting the other scripture that I provided which shows that only Jesus Christ has immortality. So I don't reject scripture, I reject contradiction.

Paul

Old 08-10-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
No, I reject your interpretation of it.
no you reject the truth..

Old 08-10-2009, 04:05 PM

148 posts, read 244,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hi Soljia, I don't take comments like "that is out of context" seriously unless someone is willing to say why or how it is taken out of context. To me it is like a child saying "because" and then giving no reason.

Paul
I would think it is self explanatory.

Verse 35 does not mean they will. God is utterly sovereign and therefore fully capable of bringing to pass whatever He desires including the salvation of whomever He chooses. Yet, He sometimes expresses a wish for that which He does not sovereignly bring to pass. Such expression in no way suggest a limitation on the sovereignty of God or imply an actual change in Him (Genesis 6:6) (isaiah 48:18)

Verse 35 is a judgment. Christ had referred to His temple as His Father's house but the blessing and glory of God were being removed from Israel. When Christ came out of the temple the glory of God went with Him (ezekiel 11:23) The glory left the temple and stood on the Mount of Olives in judgment That is where we will see Him and for the sake of their salvation they better not have the mark of the beast.

Last edited by Soljia; 08-10-2009 at 04:30 PM..

Old 08-10-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Yet, He sometimes expresses a wish for that which He does not sovereignly bring to pass.
Thats not true..Job 23:

13But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth

That word desireth is the hebrew word:

'avah which means:
desire, incline, covet, wait longingly, wish, sigh, want, be greedy, prefer
so what God wishes for, He performs it..

Old 08-10-2009, 04:56 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
I would think it is self explanatory.

Verse 35 does not mean they will. God is utterly sovereign and therefore fully capable of bringing to pass whatever He desires including the salvation of whomever He chooses. Yet, He sometimes expresses a wish for that which He does not sovereignly bring to pass. Such expression in no way suggest a limitation on the sovereignty of God or imply an actual change in Him (Genesis 6:6) (isaiah 48:18)

Whaa .... Huuhh ? ... I didn't understand anything in that post?

It(verse 35) certainly doesn't mean that they will not ... Your just side stepping the issue here. The implication is they will indeed, when they say again blessed is he who comes in the name of the lord. That day will come ...

Old 08-10-2009, 05:06 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Amen, Ironmaw.

Quote:
God is utterly sovereign and therefore fully capable of bringing to pass whatever He desires including the salvation of whomever He chooses.
Amen. He is able. Mankind's rejection is temporary. God declares that all will one day swear allegiance to Him, (Isaish 45) God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity