Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Im saying?

Me?

I dont make any of the stuff up that I post here .
If I have written it, you can bet that I got it from the Bible.
If someone has disagreed with me, you can also bet that when challenged that dont have any Bible verses to quote in support of their views.

People think they just disagree with me, thats why I try to point out to them their lack of any bible verses to backup any of what they say...

That is my way of dropping the hint that they don't disagree with me, they disagree with God's Bible...

As for the grounds for a Christian to seek a divorce?
We are told by Jesus the facts as to when and if a Christian can ever seek a divorce.
If the situation is question falls within the examples in the text for a valid divorce, then you stand on firm ground.

However if you cant faind any verse in the bible to support a divorce that should be enough to cause the christian to not ever think about getting a divorce again!
Again, this is YOUR interpretation of the scriptures - doesn't make you right, and in fact I think you are so far off the mark that it's pathetic. You keep wanting me to "defend" my position, but the blood of Jesus Christ is the only "defense" I need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
and in fact I think you are so far off the mark that it's pathetic. .
Again....I only post teachings that come forth from the Bible.
These are not my ideas.

However, lets say you think Im wrong...
Lets say that when I tell you that my ideas come straight out of the Bible you disagree what that.
Fine, ...Prove it!

Prove something I have written is wrong by showing me how the Bible teaches something different...
Prove to me that something I have written does NOT appear in the bible...
Put up, or shut up...Cuz I see a LOT of people telling me my ideas are all wet, yet little in the way of bible verses that back that claim up.

Think you can use the Bible to prove me wrong?

Want your chance to tell me - "The bible does not say that!"
I challenge you to try.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Again....I only post teachings that come forth from the Bible.
These are not my ideas.

However, lets say you think Im wrong...
Lets say that when I tell you that my ideas come straight out of the Bible you disagree what that.
Fine, ...Prove it!

Prove something I have written is wrong by showing me how the Bible teaches something different...
Prove to me that something I have written does NOT appear in the bible...
Put up, or shut up...Cuz I see a LOT of people telling me my ideas are all wet, yet little in the way of bible verses that back that claim up.

Think you can use the Bible to prove me wrong?

Want your chance to tell me - "The bible does not say that!"
I challenge you to try.

You will cling to your sad interpretations of the Bible no matter what I or any one else says to you - so I refuse to waste my time engaging in any debate with you.

I only continue to post to mitigate the damage you may be doing to those truly searching to understand God. I would ask you to consider whether or not God is really pleased with your brow beating and Bible thumping.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Bible thumping.
I'm challenging you now to "thump back"...

Don't be shy, one of the things you will come to know about me is that I never get upset...I never call names, I never make personal attacks...So don't worry that I will get mad just because you post a bible verse that shows I'm wrong.

I have written a great many things, all I believe are well supported by the text.
If you disagree ?...fine...but do so from a stand point of being able to support your views with the text.

I think it's rather foolish to say my views are not in the bible as if you were all some type of bible experts yet then unable to use the bible yourself to prove what I'm saying is not in the bible.

Thats the question I have for any who disagree with me...
"Is what Alan has written really in the bible or not?"

If it is , then whats the problem with me quoting the Text?
If it is not, then show me how the Bible teaches against what I have written...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I'm challenging you now to "thump back"...

Don't be shy, one of the things you will come to know about me is that I never get upset...I never call names, I never make personal attacks...So don't worry that I will get mad just because you post a bible verse that shows I'm wrong.

I have written a great many things, all I believe are well supported by the text.
If you disagree ?...fine...but do so from a stand point of being able to support your views with the text.

I think it's rather foolish to say my views are not in the bible as if you were all some type of bible experts yet then unable to use the bible yourself to prove what I'm saying is not in the bible.

Thats the question I have for any who disagree with me...
"Is what Alan has written really in the bible or not?"

If it is , then whats the problem with me quoting the Text?
If it is not, then show me how the Bible teaches against what I have written...

My Bible is for reading, not thumping - so thanks but no thanks

You keep right on doing what I know you will do - misinterpret the scriptures and I will just hang out to offer anyone interested the truth about God.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
so thanks but no thanks

Ha, Ha, Ha...
I knew you could not dare try to support anything....LOL

Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM

Anyone else think what I'm saying is not found in the Bible?.....anyone?......You, Yes, you behind the bikesheds, stand still laddie!"

Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:

Ha, Ha, Ha...
I knew you could not dare try to support anything....LOL
NOT because I couldn't, only because I've got your number and know any effort on my part would be a waste of my time.

But do go on wasting your own

Old 08-25-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
only because I've got your number
You got nothing and you know it...

You don't got a verse to support the claim Im wrong, admit it.

If you or anyone else did have some text support to prove Im wrong Im sure it would be plastered all over this topic by now...
I mean I have been begging for someone to open their Bible and prove me wrong for days!.....LOL

Im just asking for anyone who disagrees with any of the things I have said are in the bible to show me how what Im saying is not in the Bible.

That is how a Bible study works kids.
Someone says something is in the bible, another person calls that into question,(that would be you by the way). and goes to his own bible to check it out...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 PM

754 posts, read 1,922,775 times
I feel sympathy for your position. Keep praying for grace and mercy. Temptation is very difficult but, you must look at this other person as just your own personal testing and temptation.

Another person should never be the reason you leave somebody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity