Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
As a Muslim, how to you make yourself acceptable to God? How do you get rid of your sins?
My beliefs are that Divine Love eradicates sin and the inclination to sin. Once you receive this Love, you become immortal as this Love can never be taken away and you will become the likeness of God instead of remaining in His image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 09:52 AM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Sorry, Reverend, I disagree. I don't believe that Adam and Eve were created perfect and I believe that God intended for them to "fall", not of their own free will or choice. I am not a believer in the spirit world as I believe that you are. I am coming from a Biblical perspective and I believe that you aren't (no disrespect to you) so I don't believe that we can see eye to eye on this. Thanks and God bless.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 AM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Do you believe that you will have free will to disobey when you are "in heaven" ? Will the potential to sin be there? Why or why not? God bless.
There will be so sin in Heaven because the devil will not be there. Heaven will be perfect.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
If they have seen, witnessed and felt all of that then what power in the universe including God could bring them back? since they rejected even God. They rejected Him OUTRIGHT, they rebelled, despite what they knew about God, was the utmost of evil. As a result, God does not give Satan and the other fallen angels the opportunity to repent.
I believe that God has all power, Solija and yes I do believe that they can be reconciled according to Colossians 1:15-20. God bless.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Sorry, Reverend, I disagree. I don't believe that Adam and Eve were created perfect and I believe that God intended for them to "fall", not of their own free will or choice. I am not a believer in the spirit world as I believe that you are. I am coming from a Biblical perspective and I believe that you aren't (no disrespect to you) so I don't believe that we can see eye to eye on this. Thanks and God bless.
Not a problem, Shana, I know how we each see things and that's ok with me. I still think you are very blessed in God.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,261 times
God caused the Fall of the devil, For God is the absolute First and Primary Cause of all things..If it wasnt Gods cause and purpose for the devil not to fall, then they would have been made like unto the elect Angels that did not fall..

Old 08-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Thank you, Reverend. God's blessings to you.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
So you believe that the angels did have free will and could sin in the beginning (even though they were perfect) but not now, since they have made their choice and that once we make our choice, they and we will no longer have free will?
I`ve asked the same question before and this is yet another example of how the free will ideology doesn`t work. It seems people who believe in free will always want it both ways.
The angels had free will, chose to rebel,but now no longer have free will. We never have to worry about anymore fallen angels?
What if satan chose to change his ways and asked God to forgive him? What if any of the fallen angels had a change of heart again? Would God forgive them since his mercy is unending. Or maybe they no longer have free will. They used to, but not now.
What if after we are in heaven and choose to rebel like the angels who were with God at one time did?
We have been taught this little picture in church about having free will,satan leading other angels astray and now they are leading humans away and God..who created it all..is just standing there with his hands tied, but one day he will finally do something about it. Meanwhile, satan takes billions upon billions of God`s creation to hell with him while God just watches and when God has finally had enough, he comes back and destroys satan and all evil. Sounds like a mythology story to me.
The problem with the free willers the way I see it is, they want free will up to a cetain point. After we get to heaven we no longer have free will. The angels HAD free will but not anymore. According to them, I guess that means they are puppets now. Satan had free will, but not anymore. After we get to heaven we no longer have the ability to choose anything.
Can the angels in heaven now ever fall? Why not? Because they are elect angels? Does that mean they are puppets? After all don`t the free willers say if you don`t have free will that means you are a puppet and God would never create puppets? Will we all be puppets once our free will is taken away.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I`ve asked the same question before and this is yet another example of how the free will ideology doesn`t work. It seems people who believe in free will always want it both ways.
The angels had free will, chose to rebel,but now no longer have free will. We never have to worry about anymore fallen angels?
What if satan chose to change his ways and asked God to forgive him? What if any of the fallen angels had a change of heart again? Would God forgive them since his mercy is unending. Or maybe they no longer have free will. They used to, but not now.
What if after we are in heaven and choose to rebel like the angels who were with God at one time did?
We have been taught this little picture in church about having free will,satan leading other angels astray and now they are leading humans away and God..who created it all..is just standing there with his hands tied, but one day he will finally do something about it. Meanwhile, satan takes billions upon billions of God`s creation to hell with him while God just watches and when God has finally had enough, he comes back and destroys satan and all evil. Sounds like a mythology story to me.
The problem with the free willers the way I see it is, they want free will up to a cetain point. After we get to heaven we no longer have free will. The angels HAD free will but not anymore. According to them, I guess that means they are puppets now. Satan had free will, but not anymore. After we get to heaven we no longer have the ability to choose anything.
Can the angels in heaven now ever fall? Why not? Because they are elect angels? Does that mean they are puppets? After all don`t the free willers say if you don`t have free will that means you are a puppet and God would never create puppets? Will we all be puppets once our free will is taken away.
Excellent points, spm62 Right, if one does not believe in free will, it is said that we then are puppets, so evidently we will be puppets in heaven if we will have no free will. Very good point. God bless.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:49 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The "Fall" concept is a contradiction to the implication of the whole thing. We hear they all fell from perfection and free will is often the key that explains it but it doesn't. Free will is not an inherant flaw and to choose to fall from perfection inherantly implies a flaw that could cause them to do so in any manner.

Even if someone says "fell from grace" that misses the aspect that they still were not created perfect to begin with in order for them to get the idea to go a different direction than God.

If this explanation of free will can rightly be the truth then God could also choose to fall and the whole thing kills any real and true eternal assurance of attaining perfection in the first place.
PW I know many see that scripture speaking of falling from perfection but that is not really what it says

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

I think thy ways is the key word used here to understand that scripture.

All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

Just something to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity