U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM

302 posts, read 321,115 times
Default An adventist deception exposed

The pride and arrogance of Adventists is astounding when they present themselves as wiser than their Creator who blessed his children and gave them flesh-meat to eat. For them to suggest that The Heavenly Father's perfect gifts are inherently harmful and must be rejected is devilish.

Moderator cut:
deleted -- spam

Last edited by june 7th; 08-31-2009 at 06:51 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,377,607 times
It is my understanding that people can join the Seventh Day Adventist Church and be meat eaters . . . .

with the exception of unclean meat, described in Leviticus . . .e.g. no pork, shellfish, etc.?

I have friends who are Seventh Day Adventists and have been to some of their church functions, recently a Vacaton Bible School.

They served regular beef hot dogs, as well as veggie hot dogs.

Plain Cheese Pizza and Veggie Pizza, as well as Pepperoni.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
It is my understanding that people can join the Seventh Day Adventist Church and be meat eaters . . . .

with the exception of unclean meat, described in Leviticus . . .e.g. no pork, shellfish, etc.?

I have friends who are Seventh Day Adventists and have been to some of their church functions, recently a Vacaton Bible School.

They served regular beef hot dogs, as well as veggie hot dogs.

Plain Cheese Pizza and Veggie Pizza, as well as Pepperoni.

Hypocrisy: a pretending to be what one is not: especially, the assumption of an appearance of virtue which one does not possess. The Winston Senior Dictionary.

I ask you, why do your friends call themselves "Adventists" when they do not follow their prophet's teaching?

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ELLEN WHITE

Is Ellen White teaching "another gospel" when she says that health reform is necessary for salvation?

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ELLEN WHITE ....

"The LORD has given instruction that the Gospel is to be carried forward; and the gospel includes health reform in all its phases." CDF p.75

"God demands that the appetites be cleansed...This is a work that will have to be done before HIS PEOPLE can stand before Him a perfected people." CDF p. 36

"…one of the highest attainments in the Christian life is to control appetite, and that, without this victory, all hope of heaven is vain." James and Ellen White - Christian Temperance 206

"The meat diet is the serious question. Shall HUMAN BEINGS live on the flesh of dead animals. The answer from the light GOD HAS GIVEN ME is, No, decidedly NO. CDF, p. 388

I ask you: without being hypocritical, how could Adventists serve beef hot dogs at a church function?

Donna Kupp

Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM

18,950 posts, read 8,988,697 times
Maybe God is setting them free from her teachings ?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Maybe God is setting them free from her teachings ?
If they know the truth, then why would they support a lie?

Donna Kupp

Old 08-12-2009, 11:06 AM

18,950 posts, read 8,988,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
If they know the truth, then why would they support a lie?

Donna Kupp
Maybe we need to give the Holy Spirit time , after all my testimony is God was very patient and long suffering with me and more to the point still is.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Maybe we need to give the Holy Spirit time , after all my testimony is God was very patient and long suffering with me and more to the point still is.
The Holy Spirit uses truth to set men free from deception. That truth is the Father's truth that was expressed by the law, the Old Testament Prophets and the words of Jesus.

Donna Kupp

Old 08-12-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post

Hypocrisy: a pretending to be what one is not: especially, the assumption of an appearance of virtue which one does not possess. The Winston Senior Dictionary.

I ask you, why do your friends call themselves "Adventists" when they do not follow their prophet's teaching?

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ELLEN WHITE

Is Ellen White teaching "another gospel" when she says that health reform is necessary for salvation?

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ELLEN WHITE ....

"The LORD has given instruction that the Gospel is to be carried forward; and the gospel includes health reform in all its phases." CDF p.75

"God demands that the appetites be cleansed...This is a work that will have to be done before HIS PEOPLE can stand before Him a perfected people." CDF p. 36

"…one of the highest attainments in the Christian life is to control appetite, and that, without this victory, all hope of heaven is vain." James and Ellen White - Christian Temperance 206

"The meat diet is the serious question. Shall HUMAN BEINGS live on the flesh of dead animals. The answer from the light GOD HAS GIVEN ME is, No, decidedly NO. CDF, p. 388

I ask you: without being hypocritical, how could Adventists serve beef hot dogs at a church function?

Donna Kupp
I will have to ask my friends who are adventists, I have many adventists friends, and then I will get back to you. Being a vegetarian I know is not a requirement . . . but it is advised.

My friends has said that she follows the Bible, as Ellen White directs them too, the Bible and only the Bible. She has told me many times, that if I find one thing that they are doing that is unbiblical . . she would question her denomination.

But all the fence posts lined up in our Bible Studies, using the KJV, not the clear word.

They are allowed to eat meat, but choose not too. They just don't eat unclean meat, as advised in Leviticus . . . .again, I will ask her that.

Maybe other adventists here, if any, would be able to answer that question, faster or better than I can.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:00 PM

5,748 posts, read 7,100,955 times
I feel compelled to ask why this is an important issue for you, Donna. Don't you have better things to do than make shrill attacks on another denomination's faith practices?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:08 PM

Adventists have funded so many hospitals and health clinics worldwide for all people.

They are against smoking, drinking, drugs, etc . . .

I know that they are Sabbath Keepers as you yourself . . . but it seems the Adventists really irk you . . . . is it just because of their stances on health issues???

I am asking respectfully, and curious as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity