Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 08:28 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And the destiny would have been.......?

I am not asking who would have been saved, I am asking what their destiny would have been.

The Bible doesn't say Eliah will be saved in some future date, it says he ALREADY WENT TO HEAVEN.
So, if people could go to heaven by making the right choice before Jesus died on the cross, then why do you think Jesus died? They had to make a choice then, and according to traditional views, they have to make a choice now. UR believes Jesus died to save mankind, not to reward them for believing correctly and setting them on fire if they don't.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:29 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Default Th savior of the world

A great sixteeen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

THERE IS NO GREATER EVIL THAN THE DOCTRINE OF ETERNAL TORMENT

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-30-2010 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 10-30-2010, 08:34 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
eeehhh....I am saved and therefore not threatened by ET, yet I go to church.
exactly, you go to church because you think that bye not going,or bye not being a part of this religion that you are goin to burn for eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber View Post
Are you trying to say that you do not go to church because you don't believe in hell?
if the church got this one thing wrong,then what else have they got wrong,i cant trust the doctrine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber View Post
There is no such thing as inncent person, since everyone is a sinner.
yet you think that you are destined for a life of eternal happiness,while those who are goin to burn are no diffdernt than you,just because you say you beleive in something that they dont!!!

you still didnt answer my question---what would you do?????

Old 10-30-2010, 08:44 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
No greater evil than Eternal Torment ........... yes there is.

When the created accuses God of not being fair or just.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

a big insult to the Supreme Father

Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
exactly, you go to church because you think that bye not going,or bye not being a part of this religion that you are goin to burn for eternity
Thanks for trying to tell me what I believe, but no, that is not what I believe. Not at all. If that is what you believed, then you never knew Him.

Quote:
you still didnt answer my question---what would you do?????
What I would do is irrelevant. What did God do when he saw the people of Noah's time reject Him? He killed them. What did he do with Jews when they rejected Him? He killed them. He did it over, and over and over, so what is the point of asking me what I would do? Would you have killed everyone in the flood? God does what he does, and our preference on the matter has little relevance. If you think God has changed since Noah's time, you ar wrong, because He is still the same God.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:49 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:

Indeed. Seems like they judge God, not vice versa. They say if God does what the Bible says, then he is a sick and twisted monster. Go figure.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:

I disagree. In due time, God can and will correct mistaken perceptions of Himself.

But letting anyone suffer forever is infinitely worse than temporarily being mistaken about what is fair or just.

WILL JESUS TORTURE BILLIONS FOREVER?
The Law of Circularity: Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever? How Men Are Saved

NO HE WILL NOT.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-30-2010 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-30-2010, 08:54 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
a big insult to the Supreme Father
That is what the pots are doing to The Potter

Isaiah 45:9
"Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground."

Old 10-30-2010, 08:56 PM

And it is absurd to say that it is not Jesus who would be torturing us since He is the one who created us and sustains us alive. Colossians 1:16
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity