Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 12:04 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,242,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is a loving God, but as has been shown to you, he is capable of other emotions too. This is evident in Noah's flood, Sodom, Gomorrah, and countless examples of God punishing Israel for their rejection of God. You think God has changed? No, God does not change. Christ teached YOU to love YOUR enemies. It is an instruction to YOU, and ME.
a loving God wouldnt torture people for eternity,a satanic God might though,what your saying is a total contradiction,only because you interpret the scriptures as you do,there are other ways of interpreting them.as for Noah,do you expect me to beleive that all the different cultures in the world originate from noahs children,well are you goin to answer this time or what?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber1646932
Well, keep trying to apply logic to these matters, and scriptures lose all meaning. You think God will reward evil, and to me that is strange justice. If Christ teached us to love our neighbor, but we choose to kill him instead, then should we be rewarded? Such sin can be forgiven, but unless you come to Christ, you will die as a sinner, and pay the price for your rebellion.
who said God will reward evil,i said that those will reap what they sw,that that is justice,everyone will get what they deserve,but their is no crime that deserves eternal punishment,for their would be no point and nothing good can come out of it,and as far as im concerned everything God does is good,even if we suffer,their is always something to learn,you are trapped into thinking that God cannot show mercy to those that He has created.

if God knows the future then why would he send someone here knowing that they would end up in eternal hell???,it would be better for them to born as animals and not have to face such judgment!!!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:15 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,386,939 times
Lightbulb Correctly (literally, not interpretively)

Quote:
I'd rather read the Bible as opposed to something written by someone who cannot accept the truth of the scriptures.
One of the important tools for believing that the Bible teaches universal reconciliation is to use a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible. Here are several. The ones on line you don't even have to pay for.

CORRECT TRANSLATIONS ONLINE
CONCORDANT About the Concordant Publishing Concern
Concordant Publishing; Concordant Version

YOUNG'S LITERAL Revised Young's Literal Translation (RYLT)

OTHER CORRECT TRANSLATIONS NOT ONLINE ARE LISTED ON THE FOLLOWING THREE LINKS
An Analytical Study of Words - Undivded Version

Hell is Leaving the Bible Forever</b></font>

Bible Translations That Do Not Teach Eternal Torment

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-31-2010 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 10-31-2010, 12:21 PM

175 posts, read 173,687 times
sciotamicks:
Quote:
How can you interpret life when the text says death?
When Jesus abolishes the last enemy:
1 Corinthians 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

If there is ANY that once had life and not brought back to life then death still exsist and has not been defeated, for the absence of death is life.

God will be ALL in ALL, not All in Some.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:36 PM

76,937 posts, read 47,242,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
as for Noah,do you expect me to beleive that all the different cultures in the world originate from noahs children,well are you goin to answer this time or what?????
Well, that is the trademark of UR. They pick and choose the verses they like and omit everything else. That is the telltale sign of a false teaching.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:36 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,101,556 times
Quote:
Not 'allowing', but causing them to die. It was punishment.

And now you can't stop talking about it. This thread is just one of countless hell threads started by the believers of UR. They can't get it out of their minds. Isn't that strange? It seems it is the only topic they want to discuss.
That's just word games. I could say God "caused" my son's death, too. He knit him together in my womb with a defective gene. It does not change the fact that there is a HUGE difference being allowing/causing someone to die and subjecting them to ENDLESS TORTURE. Huge, huge difference. As much as I miss my son, I would much prefer to miss him than for him to be suffering all these years since his death. No comparison. Torture is PURE EVIL.

Most people wouldn't pass by a burning house without doing something to help put it out, much less a human being on fire!! Have you ever touched your skin to something hot enough to burn it? OMG! How hard is it to see that a person burning forever is NOT FAIR and is PURE EVIL? Brainwashing has to be the problem. It's almost unfathomable to me that I once actually thought that God was capable of that!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:41 PM

Default Why i post on forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
Who said God will reward evil? I said that those will reap what they sow; that is justice. Everyone will get what they deserve, but there is no crime that deserves eternal punishment for there would be no point since nothing good can come out of it. And as far as I'm concerned everything God does is good, even if we suffer, there is always something to learn.

If God knows the future then why would He send someone here knowing that they would end up in eternal hell??? It would be better for them to born as animals and not have to face such judgment!!!!!
I agree with you dobeable. Many people, understandably, would rather live out their lives as good-living agnostics, hoping for the best after they are raised from the dead, than put their confidence in a book that says that God is going to let anyone suffer forever.

THE PURPOSE OF GOD'S JUDGMENTS - A.P. Adams
http://thegloryrd.com/apadams/judgment.html

"THERE IS NO GREATER EVIL THAN THE DOCTRINE OF ETERNAL TORMENT" (see the OP)

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS IN GREEK AND HEBREW

Everyone will choose to believe whatever they are convinced is the truth about what the Bible teaches.
I posted on this forum to guide folk to an alternate point of view.
Had I known that one existed I never would have had a twelve year nervous breakdown (1966-78) over my inability to love a god who would allow anyone to actually prefer to (or at least, have to) suffer forever rather than eventually reach out for the salvation that God has provided. I'm 71 years old now.

THE FOLLOWING HAS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE TRUE REGARDING THE DEBATE ABOUT THE GREEK AND THE HEBREW AND THE SUBJECT OF ETERNAL TORMENT

The argument about “eternal hell” nearly always gets bogged down with the words,
“My Greek and Hebrew scholars are more reliable than your Greek and Hebrew scholars,”
and the result is nearly always a stalemate.

My Greek scholars are Louis Abbott and the many Greek scholars he quotes in chapters three and twelve of
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS - Lois Abbott
An Analytical Study of Words

Also, regarding the Hebrew language see
TIME AND ETERNITY A BIBLICAL STUDY - G.T. Stevenson
TIME AND ETERNITY: A Biblical Study

Also see THE SCHOLAR’S CORNER FOR THE STUDY OF BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM at
Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism

If you think it glorifies God more to let some of His creatures suffer forever, or annihilate them, then you keep believing that.

But if you think it glorifies God more to eventually meet everyone on the level of their greatest and deepest need which is a change in their stubborn will, then know that there is plenty of evidence in the Bible that that is exactly what God is like.

A great introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

and

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST - Charles Slagle
absolute assurance in jesus christ

Old 10-31-2010, 12:49 PM

This wonderful new article just came to me from Jan Antonsson
http://thegloryrd.com/gods-love.html

URs will love it.
ETers, not so much

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-31-2010 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 10-31-2010, 12:53 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,076,582 times
Quote:
Not 'allowing', but causing them to die. It was punishment.

And now you can't stop talking about it. This thread is just one of countless hell threads started by the believers of UR. They can't get it out of their minds. Isn't that strange? It seems it is the only topic they want to discuss.
It means just as much to you Finn,you just cannot stop talking about it and defending it yourself, unfortunately you cannot see it.
There's plenty who believe in ET who i respect in real life and on this forum, but there is a few i believe are enemies of the good news too.
These same Fundy's who believe in ET, do not have to evangelise and defend it like you and the few other posters do on here.
And i am certain that the ET'ers that evangelise and cannot stop talking about it like yourself Finn, are those who truely do not know themselves and have never understood the knowledge(you know that you know,that you know) of Salvation through the forgiveness of sins(Luke 1:77)
It's also very noticable, that these very same few Fundy's that are so evangelical about their faith in ET , are the only Fundy's posting on here who are threatening sinners and UR folk with it(there are plenty who believe in ET that do not use it knowingly has a threat) , and it's also very noticable that these same few are the ones who are calling those who do not agree with them heretics.So you have to ask yourself what really is their faith in , justice for the sinner , damnation in their eyes? .

Old 10-31-2010, 01:15 PM

Thumbs up Sharing the all-consumming good news

Quote:
I think the subject is awesome dude!!

When I have really good news I want everyone to know about it.

The perception of God that URs see in the Bible, Who has the desire, and the ability, and the determination, to eventully save everyone from everything from which they need to be saved including their stubborn will thrills my soul!

I shall keep sharing why I believe that the Bible teaches that good news till I die.

I am persuaded that after we have thought the very best thoughts about God that we can think with our puny little minds, we are going to find out that He is even better than that!!

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-31-2010 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-31-2010, 01:17 PM

76,937 posts, read 47,242,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It means just as much to you Finn,you just cannot stop talking about it and defending it yourself, unfortunately you cannot see it.
There's plenty who believe in ET who i respect in real life and on this forum, but there is a few i believe are enemies of the good news too.
These same Fundy's who believe in ET, do not have to evangelise and defend it like you and the few other posters do on here.
And i am certain that the ET'ers that evangelise and cannot stop talking about it like yourself Finn, are those who truely do not know themselves and have never understood the knowledge(you know that you know,that you know) of Salvation through the forgiveness of sins(Luke 1:77)
It's also very noticable, that these very same few Fundy's that are so evangelical about their faith in ET , are the only Fundy's posting on here who are threatening sinners and UR folk with it(there are plenty who believe in ET that do not use it knowingly has a threat) , and it's also very noticable that these same few are the ones who are calling those who do not agree with them heretics.So you have to ask yourself what really is their faith in , justice for the sinner , damnation in their eyes? .
I guess you'll have to talk to legoman and other URs and ask them why they keep starting these threads of hell. You start them, and then you attack those who respond to them?

Why?

I have never seen such obsession.

And you claim others have no knowledge of salation? What prompts you to question other people's knowledge of salvation? Where if all this contempt and judgment coming from? Where is the anger coming from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity