U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM

37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Faith is the ACCESS to Grace.

Paul
LOVE is the access to grace, Trettep . . . love of God and each other . . . read Galatians 5 with the mind of Christ . . . NOT OT beliefs about God and wrath and laws and punishments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 02:21 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,584,130 times
let THIS talk to June about Grace....

YouTube - CM4C | Spiritual Manoeuvres

add all the s you want. imho

Old 08-20-2009, 06:15 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,963,414 times
I thought of this thread today, as I was driving agian through a very depressed part of a large east coast city.
While at a red light, I observed a woman that appeared to be emotionally, physically, and spiritually beaten up. She looked miserable, and I suspect much of her misery came from a lifetime of poor choices.

It occured to me, if Jesus Christ was in the middle of that intersection being beaten an tortured then nailed to a pole for that woman, maybe she would understand how much God loved her.
If someone, anyone, was willing to sacrafice themselves in hopes of absorbing all of that woman's pain and suffering, just maybe the power of that love would change her outlook on life.

It would appear that only this type of action would be sufficient to impress upon such a hardened soul, the power of love.

The cross of Christ is the source and summit of Christianity. It is grace personified.
For anyone who believes in the power of love, the cross has to be true.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:29 PM

13,465 posts, read 21,217,203 times
Well said Oak..The sad thing is that I believe the Spirit urges, convicts, yells, pleads and begs us to listen, but we ignore Him for our own wisdom or the wisdom we can see in the words of someone we can see and hear with our flesh..

Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,253,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I thought of this thread today, as I was driving agian through a very depressed part of a large east coast city.
While at a red light, I observed a woman that appeared to be emotionally, physically, and spiritually beaten up. She looked miserable, and I suspect much of her misery came from a lifetime of poor choices.

It occured to me, if Jesus Christ was in the middle of that intersection being beaten an tortured then nailed to a pole for that woman, maybe she would understand how much God loved her.
If someone, anyone, was willing to sacrafice themselves in hopes of absorbing all of that woman's pain and suffering, just maybe the power of that love would change her outlook on life.

It would appear that only this type of action would be sufficient to impress upon such a hardened soul, the power of love.

The cross of Christ is the source and summit of Christianity. It is grace personified.
This is truly an amazing post. What you describe here has Jesus dripping all over it.

God bless you, Oakback.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:58 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,730,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

While reading this, the power of Christ could be felt in every pore on me. My friend, God has spoken thru you. This message of love in it's simple to understand terms should riverbrate thru each who reads it.

The image that immediately came to my mind of Jesus being beaten and tortured in the middle of that intersection spoke volumns. If we, as humans could stop for a second, and get over ourselves during our pain and darkness and visualize that scene of Christ on the Cross for us, we would understand the power of love, and God's grace that He did not have to give us, but simply wanted to.

blessings to you my friend....

and Junie,

By your questions for understanding, God is working thru you....He has brought back to this forum people who, like me, have shied away, weary of the battle. I know I have felt beat down, useless and just tired of the 'banging head against wall' feeling.

thank you my friend.....more than you know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or