U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,647,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
If:

God = love
Grace = approval
Love = I unconditionally delight in who you are; in your being and in my love for you.

-Because if I love you, that implies I accept you. I can't love and accept you if I don't approve of you; of who you basically are. It also means that in doing so, I respect you. -Your actions may upset me at times, but if I truly love you, those actions don't totally undermind or cancel out my love for you...Unless my love for you is purely conditional!

Then:

How is it that God has not approved us all? Is the Christian God conditional in who He loves, and thus judgmental in his bestowing of grace!?

Take gentle care...
Problem is the what your saying is implied above. Your saying " if I love you that implies I accept you".

"YOU" is defined by the character traits and personality that you exhibit.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,146,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Your just attempting to define Grace differently then what God's Word does.

Paul
Well of course! I don't read or adhere to your bible. I have other places that has God's word.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Well of course! I don't read or adhere to your bible. I have other places that has God's word.
Well, I'm talking about the God from the Christian Bible. As for your other God then your talking about a different grace that may not have anything to do with the Grace that June is referring to in the OP.

Paul

Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm talking about the God from the Christian Bible. As for your other God then your talking about a different grace that may not have anything to do with the Grace that June is referring to in the OP.

Paul
Then you're telling me that Jesus is wrong?
If so, then you don't believe in Jesus or His teachings? Funny, I thought you adhered to what the bible says.

Jesus taught me that grace is walking in God's light. Divine Love. When you love, you do not need approval to love someone. When someone loves you, you do not need to give them approval to love you. See? No approval needed.
God loves unconditionally. That means He approves EVERYTHING His free will creatures do and it matters not what a HUMAN thinks.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 AM

13,472 posts, read 21,261,584 times
Gods grace are the two most important words to describe the persona, the will, the pure love of God that I know of.

His grace includes love.
His generous , unconditional outpouring of His love on all of us. Whether we are believers or not Gods gace is a freely given gift to all of us.. One piece of that evidence of His love is in his creation which is gorgeously displayed in an array of colors, sounds and scents..He could have made the earth monotonous, plain and without those things..But His love includes all of the creation and his desire is for us to take joy in it, to care for it, and to see Him in it..

His grace includes forgiveness
He is willing to forgive the sins of everyone of us...over and over again, because He knows the struggles of the flesh.

His grace includes gifts of the spirit.
He gives us His very Spirit as a gift of our belief..His Spirit is our guide, our protector our peace and our best friend who becomes a part of ourselves, and through Him we show the love of God and the lessons of Christ in everything we do..

JMHO

Old 08-13-2009, 10:20 AM

21,439 posts, read 29,624,380 times
Grace is EVERYTHING God is rushing to meet our every need, all the time. Grace is God's love in action.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM

30,362 posts, read 20,092,063 times
By faith in His unmerited favor(unmerited approval of us) we are saved Ephesians 2

Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Then you're telling me that Jesus is wrong?
If so, then you don't believe in Jesus or His teachings? Funny, I thought you adhered to what the bible says.

Jesus taught me that grace is walking in God's light. Divine Love. When you love, you do not need approval to love someone. When someone loves you, you do not need to give them approval to love you. See? No approval needed.
God loves unconditionally. That means He approves EVERYTHING His free will creatures do and it matters not what a HUMAN thinks.
My discussion is based on the Christian Bible. You obvioulsy have come here to start confrontations with statements like "You're telling me that Jesus is wrong?". If you think I have violated a teaching of Jesus Christ then SHOW ME where otherwise, Moderator cut: deleted comment. Use report post feature instead.

Paul

Last edited by june 7th; 08-13-2009 at 01:47 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
My discussion is based on the Christian Bible. You obvioulsy have come here to start confrontations with statements like "You're telling me that Jesus is wrong?". If you think I have violated a teaching of Jesus Christ then SHOW ME where otherwise, Moderator cut: Orphaned

Paul
"The affirmations can include acceptance of your own goodness; reminders of how much God Loves you; how through the Grace of God’s Love you can rise above all manner of negativity, challenges and change old patterns of thinking and believing. You can do it with the help of God’s Love and Mercy. Have courage. Activate your faith in the power of this Grace; it will not fail you if you do not fail yourself by giving up, by thinking that you can’t change". Joseph, father of Jesus - from the message "Love begins at home"

"If a person sincerely prays for God's Grace, Divine Love, this is the highest desire which has the ability to attract that Substance of Love which in turn has the Power to transform the soul into a new divine creature".
"Each of you has the responsibility to seek truth and develop your relationship with God. When this has become established as a real and living connection, the child is buoyed up by the Source of Love from its Father, and the joy and fulfillment shines forth for all to see. You have the privilege and obligation to help your fellow human beings turn their thoughts to prayer for this Grace, in longing to do God's Will in their lives, striving to become living examples of peace and love to help the world out of its despair. Jesus, the Christ - from the message "Coping with Churches"

Grace is Love, not approval.

And, from another teacher:

"It’s okay for everyone to be on his and her own spiritual pathway. There is no point to having the opinion that you are more advanced or something couldn’t possibly be true, because the mind’s concept of what is true and what is not will go through changes as the soul develops in Love.
It isn’t you who “allows” others to hang onto their beliefs as long as they are happy in them – this is a God-given choice of free will. Most spiritual teachings convey ideas which speak to the souls or minds of their followers, and as long as people are content to believe in these concepts, they will continue along this pathway, satisfied that they are getting something out of it, finding comfort in their sense of belonging." from the message "Millions of Souls, Millions of Paths.

Now, just becaue I'm not a bible christian, does not mean I don't know any truth. I'm a Divine Love Christian and not a troll. I'm here like everyone else. Giving my opinions and sharing my beliefs. I'm not here to recruit or get followers. I don't care what another believes as long as they respect my right to believe what I feel is true.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-13-2009 at 01:47 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 AM

Hi June. Some here are going to claim that Grace is Favor and not Approval or they are going to tie whatever good sounding things come out of their hearts and call it "grace". But let's look at what God's Word says:

Luk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

In the verse above the word favour was translaed from the word often translated as "Grace".

Now if Grace is simply favor then this would mean that Mary is being separated apart from all others in obtaining favor whereas you have already heard others mention here that God favors everyone. Again, I say it means APPROVAL.

Again, here is another verse that uses the Greek word and translated differently:

Luk 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

In the verse above it is translated as "thank" instead of Grace. Now this verse goes directly against what others have said here. This is showing that Grace is something you don't already have but you obtain by loving those that don't love you.

Sin is to miss the mark and to not be approved. Therefore the message of receiving APPROVAL is indeed a great message to hear.

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or