Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,048,363 times

Advertisements

unmerited favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,922,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Sin is to miss the mark and to not be approved. Therefore the message of receiving APPROVAL is indeed a great message to hear.

Paul

Grace is the fact that missing the mark does not damn you forever.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:28 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,004,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Grace is the fact that missing the mark does not damn you forever.
Yes, Grace (APPROVAL) would mean that your no longer missing the mark or damned forever.

Paul

Old 08-13-2009, 11:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,008,095 times
Well I can see you have no grace as you are unaccepting of others who do not believe like you.

So be it.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:57 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,922,334 times
Quote:
Yes, Grace (APPROVAL) would mean that your no longer missing the mark or damned forever.

Paul

No one has ever been damned forever.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:08 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,048,363 times
Quote:
So far he is accomplishing what I believe his goal really is - which is to give him recognition.

Paul

No....it really isn't.

What I'm bothered by is people that are perverting the gospel of Christ with nonsensical teachings. This is supposed to be a Christianity forum...but everything else is welcomed in here. True Christianity is shouted down in lieu of garbage.

If you're going to teach non-biblical, non-Christian things...then don't call yourself a Christian. Why do people insist on being called what they're not?

Last edited by kdbrich; 08-13-2009 at 12:19 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,551,491 times
Grace is an unmerited favor from God,something we didn't earn on our own,such as our salvation. Jesus paid the price.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
No....it really isn't.

What I'm bothered by is people that are perverting the gospel of Christ with nonsensical teachings. This is supposed to be a Christianity forum...but everything else is welcomed in here. True Christianity is shouted down in lieu of garbage.

If you're going to teach non-biblical, non-Christian things...then don't call yourself a Christian. Why do people insist on being called what they're not?

Well kd, I'll give you the name of the person who told me when I asked what denomination we are when I first heard about Divine Love. You can then ask him why we are DL Christians. Or maybe the president of the church. Either one is fine with me.
If you would read what my religion is about, you would then understand that Jesus takes from the bible the stuff that is true and explains why the other stuff isn't true.
Just because I don't agree with you where the bible is concerned, doesn't mean I am less of a christian. I gave you the definition of a christian. You still want to argue that you are right when clearly I gave you the truth of christianity.
Stop being petty about who is what when in fact we are all children of the same God who could care less about religion. It's people like you who should really take a good hard look in the mirror and see just what it is your portraying to others. Seems to me you forgot what the teachings of Jesus truely are.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,049,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
True Christianity is shouted down in lieu of garbage.
Tell me.. which is the real "True Christianity"?

List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,004,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No one has ever been damned forever.
Its theoretical. I agree, nobody will be damned forever. I'm saying if there was no ability to receive Grace. Thankfully everyone will receive it in time.

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity