Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You brought up the trinity, if I am not mistaken.

Trinity is not in the bible, then teaching it is unchristian.
The concepts are there. The Bible presents Jesus as God, the Father as God, and the Spirit as God...yet there is 1 God--not 3.

Yes, it's Biblical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus never said "right unless you agree to these doctrines don't bother calling yourself a christian".

However He did say "By this shall all men know you are my disciples that you have love one for another".
Does a disciple believe teachings contrary to their master?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie4Life View Post
My pastor has said many times that satan would leave a good rock concert to go to a church fight. How true!

Rev: When you look closely at what Jesus said at the Last Supper, Loving God and loving your neighbor summarizes the Ten Commandments.

You know, when it is all said and done and we have drawn our last earthly breath, the only thing that will truly matter is "WHAT WILL GOD SAY?"
I agree. And I try to live by the two commandments that Jesus gave. No need to muddle the brain any more than necessary trying to remember all ten!

And yes, God has the final say. However, God isn't religioius so it doesn't matter to Him if we are christian or not as long as we love.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
What are the teachings of the master

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Old 08-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What are the teachings of the master

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

So do you not believe the rest of the NT is inspired?

Why did Jesus die if all we need is love?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM

193 posts, read 289,247 times
please don't bring in the nicene creed and the trinity.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

So you think that LOVE is not inspiration enough? Love commands the universe. Love created the universe and each creature. GOD - IS - LOVE. Anything else is just mans ideas. Ideas are not truth.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
please don't bring in the nicene creed and the trinity.

I will bring in the Nicene Creed and the Trinity. They are basics of Christian doctrine.

If you don't hold to the doctrine of the Trinity you are anathema. You are not a Christian. That is just a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
So you think that LOVE is not inspiration enough? Love commands the universe. Love created the universe and each creature. GOD - IS - LOVE. Anything else is just mans ideas. Ideas are not truth.
I've been sincerely wrong when acting in love. You haven't?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:49 AM

193 posts, read 289,247 times
Quote:
I will bring in the Nicene Creed and the Trinity. They are basics of Christian doctrine.

If you don't hold to the doctrine of the Trinity you are anathema. You are not a Christian. That is just a fact.

A lot of people can can be sincerely wrong in love.
No my friend I hold to this.

Isaiah 9:6 (King James Version)

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:

Why are you asking me this ? . It's you who is saying unless someone believes a certain creed of doctrines their salvation is questionable.

So is alright to have all the right doctrines and not abide in His love , then call yourself a christian?.

Since when as it been love and some ?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I've been sincerely wrong when acting in love. You haven't?
Then it wasn't love. Love, Divine Love of God, has no opposite and is never wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity