Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
HotinAZ

From what I can see both you and pcamps are seeking truth and are both arguing with each other and love and respect between you both is not being shown.

What doctrines do you think that we need for our salvation? I agree with pcamps that Jesus message to us is love - love God, follow him, love our brothers/neighbour, love our enemies.

We are told that to whom much is given much is required -- conversely those that are not given much, not as much will be required --- what will be required from them will be proportional to what they have been given.
Meerkat would you please tell me what it is that i have said unloving in any of my responses to Hotinaz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
HotinAZ

From what I can see both you and pcamps are seeking truth and are both arguing with each other and love and respect between you both is not being shown.
Yes, we have been around and around before. So I do admit, when it comes to him, my patience has been worn down, and rebuking comes out.

Quote:
What doctrines do you think that we need for our salvation?
That is between you and God our Father. It is not the same for everyone, for everyone is not the same. To say "well, gee! I believe in Jeessuss!!" is not going to do it. Everyone believes, but no one submits to patiently wait.

Quote:
I agree with pcamps that Jesus message to us is love - love God, follow him, love our brothers/neighbour, love our enemies.
But that is not salvation. To just love, while you sin, is not benevolent. Otherwise a person would not sin. To love is our command, but there is NONE righteous, no not one. So, by that fact alone, there is more to this, than obeying a couple of commands. A transforming must occur, and the heart needs recreated. Then, a person can love, pure and unconditional. But until that time comes, it is all lip service.

Quote:
We are told that to whom much is given much is required -- conversely those that are not given much, not as much will be required --- what will be required from them will be proportional to what they have been given.
Agree with this. At the same time, people who have not been given much should not talk so loud. Otherwise, the noise drowns out the spirit.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Meerkat would you please tell me what it is that i have said unloving in any of my responses to Hotinaz.
Yours would probably be best to say unrespectful, and perhaps not unloving. I know we don't always see eye to eye, but when a person has their brain so entrenched by certain doctrines they have mastered, like UR, then you have also alienated any possibility of being taught any farther.

Really, what have you learned since you have mastered that doctrine? Any new revealings lately? I would be interested to hear them. Taught of the Spirit that is, and not man.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Aww, got the ego bruised a bit?
He will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on doctrine , i mean on thee.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Yes, we have been around and around before. So I do admit, when it comes to him, my patience has been worn down, and rebuking comes out.

And it shows

That is between you and God our Father. It is not the same for everyone, for everyone is not the same. To say "well, gee! I believe in Jeessuss!!" is not going to do it. Everyone believes, but no one submits to patiently wait.

That sounds like assumption to me

But that is not salvation. To just love, while you sin, is not benevolent. Otherwise a person would not sin. To love is our command, but there is NONE righteous, no not one. So, by that fact alone, there is more to this, than obeying a couple of commands. A transforming must occur, and the heart needs recreated. Then, a person can love, pure and unconditional. But until that time comes, it is all lip service.

Agree with this. At the same time, people who have not been given much should not talk so loud. Otherwise, the noise drowns out the spirit.

This is a discussion forum to discuss things
It seems that you believe that you have been given great revelation and are being purified and being transformed and your love is pure and have a recreated heart and that others do not - sin is transgressing the law - and the law is summed up as love God and love your neighbour as yourself - and the love I am speaking about is not about lip service love it is about love that comes from the spirit.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Yours would probably be best to say unrespectful, and perhaps not unloving. I know we don't always see eye to eye, but when a person has their brain so entrenched by certain doctrines they have mastered, like UR, then you have also alienated any possibility of being taught any farther.

Really, what have you learned since you have mastered that doctrine? Any new revealings lately? I would be interested to hear them. Taught of the Spirit that is, and not man.
Hotinaz i believe in UR , i have not brought UR into our dialogue , i have believed in the loveliness of Jesus and being transformed by beholding Him well before i ever heard of UR, if you want to call this a doctrine be my guest.
Hotinaz i am sorry no offence but i isn't that just a little bit of a haughty heart to say i am unteachable , because i don't accept what you are saying ?.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:22 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Paul,

Maybe you have not said anything particularly unloving but there is a certain tone about the conversation that you and HotinAZ are having that does not sound respectful, it seems to be about who can win this conversation, I think you are more reacting to what HotinAZ is saying and his tone to you ------- it seems to be abou both of you giving as good as you get from each other, I am sorry if I have offended either of you.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 08-18-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 08-18-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hotinaz i believe in UR , i have not brought UR into our dialogue , i have believed in the loveliness of Jesus and being transformed by beholding Him well before i ever heard of UR, if you want to call this a doctrine be my guest.
Hotinaz i am sorry no offence but i isn't that just a little bit of a haughty heart to say i am unteachable , because i don't accept what you are saying ?.
Any new revealings lately? Anything scriptural? I am not sounding egotistical, but I am sincerely asking. Since I gave up on that "doctrine", for that IS what it is, the Spirit has been moving in my life leaps and bounds.

And actually I stated I am not the teacher, if you read it. So nice try there. Not haughty at all.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
It seems that you believe that you have been given great revelation and are being purified and being transformed and your love is pure and have a recreated heart and that others do not - sin is transgressing the law - and the law is summed up as love God and love your neighbour as yourself - and the love I am speaking about is not about lip service love it is about love that comes from the spirit.
It seems your presumption is wrong. I await patiently for the new heart. It has not been given yet, and if it had, I would say so. Those who have walk in perfect love, and keep His commands. I have been given Bread from heaven, sometimes daily, and yes these are revealings, that pertain to his Word. It is Magnificant! But I am hungering for more.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,737 times
I think it is wonderful to be so concerned about how your actions and words can effect another so much, good reminder. I think we are constantly forgetting about things like this and take the, 'that's not my problem' approach. Sure, you don't have to help, but unfortunately each one of us is SO important that we can have the BIGGEST effects on everyone in the world, truly. Kind of scary. I guess we don't have to help, but I would say that I would want to help, it's just hard when it's not easy to help and everything goes against helping. Being a wonderful example to others and being friendly and trying to let our hearts guide us to do what is right for everyone all the time can be difficult when we would situationally be better off not doing anything. Society is an individual responsibility by the simple fact it is a collection of individuals. We should have some sort of thread that is a pact 'I promise to do my best to represent Christ in the forum when disagreements arise and act how I think he would handle the situation' and then, whoever agrees, others could send a friendly reminder that he signed the pact if it seems they are getting heated' it's hard because it's annonomous and it's online and nobody knows each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity