Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:51 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBullhauler View Post
He's probably making more money doing what he's doing than play NFL football.

I agree...you put your trust in GOD,not man...man will fail you every single time in the long run.
I enjoy teachings by Arnold Murray. What is so funny is that when you send for something, the information it is still being printed on a dot matrix printer! I didn't think those things were around any more. He is not showy or flashy and doesn't beg you to death...just teaches the word. He may not be correct in all things but he is one of the better teachers of the word of God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 11:01 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,914 times
Quote:
He's probably making more money doing what he's doing than play NFL football.

I agree...you put your trust in GOD,not man...man will fail you every single time in the long run.
Food for thought: Every protestant denomination was started by a man.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:03 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
I enjoy teachings by Arnold Murray. What is so funny is that when you send for something, the information it is still being printed on a dot matrix printer! I didn't think those things were around any more. He is not showy or flashy and doesn't beg you to death...just teaches the word. He may not be correct in all things but he is one of the better teachers of the word of God
If he's 90% correct, how do you know what specific information he gave that was part of the false 10%. If you don't know, you can't trust ANY of it.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:20 AM

43 posts, read 60,124 times
Quote:
Yes,I do too...he reminds me of my Grandpa...direct and to the point(and just a bit scary too)

Like you,I think he has a few things interpreted a bit off the wall,but I have learned from him and I like the fact that he is 180 degrees backwards from 99% of the rest of the tv "preachers" out there when it comes to asking for money.

He's not to be trifled with either.

YouTube - TV Pastor Arnold Murray Packs Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
If he's 90% correct, how do you know what specific information he gave that was part of the false 10%. If you don't know, you can't trust ANY of it.
Study and prayer...I never take ANYONE'S interpretation at face value...I study what they say before I take it as fact.

As I say,Murray has some quirks and odd thoughts on things,but I believe his heart is in the right place and he's preaching it as he sees it.Just study and use discernment and you'll weed out what's not right for you.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Yes,I do too...he reminds me of my Grandpa...direct and to the point(and just a bit scary too)

Like you,I think he has a few things interpreted a bit off the wall,but I have learned from him and I like the fact that he is 180 degrees backwards from 99% of the rest of the tv "preachers" out there when it comes to asking for money.

He's not to be trifled with either.

YouTube - TV Pastor Arnold Murray Packs Heat

Study and prayer...I never take ANYONE'S interpretation at face value...I study what they say before I take it as fact.

As I say,Murray has some quirks and odd thoughts on things,but I believe his heart is in the right place and he's preaching it as he sees it.Just study and use discernment and you'll weed out what's not right for you.
Correct! You must learn to eat the meat and spit out the bones in all teachings. But thus far he has my vote for honesty and not greed.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Correct! You must learn to eat the meat and spit out the bones in all teachings. But thus far he has my vote for honesty and not greed.
That is a great saying...I had heard(and have used) the milk and meat saying,but never heard that one.

Yes...I agree,he's far from greedy and I wonder how many millions more are out there just like him,but because they refuse to sell out or are humble,they'll never be seen by a big audience.

To many bad ones out there grabbing the "Glory",the money and the spotlight imho.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
That is a great saying...I had heard(and have used) the milk and meat saying,but never heard that one.

Yes...I agree,he's far from greedy and I wonder how many millions more are out there just like him,but because they refuse to sell out or are humble,they'll never be seen by a big audience.

To many bad ones out there grabbing the "Glory",the money and the spotlight imho.
Charles Stanley is another good one but when he wrote his inspirational teaching bible, every preachers out there began to develop their own bibles. I feel sorry of the next generation...as if we didn't already have enough types of bible. Soon finding a simple old fashion bible will be hard to find and a thing of the past.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Charles Stanley is another good one but when he wrote his inspirational teaching bible, every preachers out there began to develop their own bibles. I feel sorry of the next generation...as if we didn't already have enough types of bible. Soon finding a simple old fashion bible will be hard to find and a thing of the past.
It's kind of getting that way now....it's the same with gospel music.
I like the traditional hymns,but you only hear that bubblegum rock stuff being passed off as "gospel" music nowdays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity