Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
I believe that the Holy Spirit is God, just as the Father is God and Jesus is God. It is a Trinity of three persons who are one God. It is a mystery that I can't really fathom intellectually since it seems like there should be three Gods but I firmly believe that in fact they are one God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
I do not believe in the trinity as one God with three personalities..I believe they are three beings, from (out of) God, with all His attributes, in perfect harmony with one another forming a perfect union,one in all and all in one. Separate but united by perfect love.

Like the Church, the bride of Christ was/is intended to be..many members united in perfect harmony, subject to the head (Christ).. Christ in God, the Church (the believers) in Christ, Christ in the Church..

JMHO, of course ..

Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
So what is the difference between the Spirit that is in God the Father and the Holy Spirit? Does the Father have another person in Him?

Paul

Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,468 times
I don't think of God as having three personalities.
the personalities are all the same to me...they are all love.
The three are one imo.
The bible states when you have seen Jesus you have seen God.
I think of having the Holy Spirit in my heart the same as having Jesus in my heart.
as always jmho

Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 AM

Isn't it irrefutable (via scripture) that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father Himself and not some OTHER person?

Paul

Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 AM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times
I do not deny that all three exist, nor do I deny that they are all from God's love!! I am saying they are three different beings. Why didn't Jesus just say: I God, have sent God to save the world, and after God ascends to God, God will sit at the right hand of God, then I will send God in spirit!!
Sounds silly doesn't it!!!!!
GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
I do not deny that all three exist, nor do I deny that they are all from God's love!! I am saying they are three different beings. Why didn't Jesus just say: I God, have sent God to save the world, and after God ascends to God, God will sit at the right hand of God, then I will send God in spirit!!
Sounds silly doesn't it!!!!!
GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8
God calls Christ His Son so shouldn't it be similiar in that regard here on earth with human reproduction for a man to have a son. Shouldn't the reproduction of our offspring by a TYPE of the reproduction of God's offspring?

Paul

Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God calls Christ His Son so shouldn't it be similiar in that regard here on earth with human reproduction for a man to have a son. Shouldn't the reproduction of our offspring by a TYPE of the reproduction of God's offspring?

Paul
Yes I believe that Jesus is an offspring of God, but that does not make him God. In my house, I am father, and make the rules or commandments(if you will), and my offspring will be made to follow my rules! Thus he can not be me also, to make his own rules!!

"One God and Father of all." Ephesians 4:6

God is Father of ALL including us, some of the new age believers have gone as far to say that, since we are ALL sons of God then we too shall be gods!! NONSENSE!!
GOD BLESS!!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-19-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Yes I believe that Jesus is an offspring of God, but that does not make him God. In my house, I am father, and make the rules or commandments(if you will), and my offspring will be made to follow my rules! Thus he can not be me also, to make his own rules!!

"One God and Father of all." Ephesians 4:6

God is Father of ALL including us, some of the new age believers have gone as far to say that, since we are ALL sons of God then we too shall be gods!! NONSENSE!!
GOD BLESS!!!!!
ALMOST2L8
But your offspring does have YOUR flesh, correct?

Paul

Old 08-19-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
But your offspring does have YOUR flesh, correct?

Paul
Not my flesh, but my blood running through his veins. "This is my blood, which is shed for many". (Mark 14;24)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity