U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2010, 09:59 AM

5,261 posts, read 3,942,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Those in Christ, keep the commandments of God. Those in Christ FOLLOW His Law! Doing His WILL is to OBEY His Law.
Amen!!! Paul?.......is this the same Paul...?...what did you do with him...?...is this a trick...?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 10:30 AM

5,620 posts, read 2,855,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Amen!!! Paul?.......is this the same Paul...?...what did you do with him...?...is this a trick...?
Verna, I have believed this all since I have been a universalist. I don't believe that one can be "saved" and not be OBEYING Christ. But the difference is that I believe everyone will eventually be OBEYING Christ to the Glory of God. I don't believe God can fail to cause everyone to Obey Him. God will eventually distroy the disobedience in all of us. But there wont be a throwing out of the baby with the bathwater.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:44 AM

19,046 posts, read 9,269,061 times
Quote:
Verna, I have believed this all since I have been a universalist. I don't believe that one can be "saved" and not be OBEYING Christ. But the difference is that I believe everyone will eventually be OBEYING Christ to the Glory of God. I don't believe God can fail to cause everyone to Obey Him. God will eventually distroy the disobedience in all of us. But there wont be a throwing out of the baby with the bathwater.
37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’Matthew 25

The day i believe i am obeying God is the day i should give up .

Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 AM

10,288 posts, read 3,937,224 times
Quote:
Those in Christ, keep the commandments of God. Those in Christ FOLLOW His Law! Doing His WILL is to OBEY His Law.
Is that all you got?...

Old 06-27-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
[/font]

Amen Latte'...!...there is no excuse for those who live in His will!...but for those who do not, their only excuse is..."...no one can not sin."...but of course they think that...for they are not born-again into the character of Christ...they are not expected to not sin...because they do not live under Grace...nor do they utilize the power of the Holy Spirit...instead they reject it...and blame God or other's who do...I expect nothing more from them.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
You're way off...i guess you are better than Paul the Apostle...

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Explain this, particularly that last verse and the first verse of the next chapter....

Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 AM

5,261 posts, read 3,942,605 times
Quote:
...oh...o.k....I was beginning to worry that someone came in and tied you up and took over your computer...yes...you're Paul.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
[/font]

Amen Latte'...!...there is no excuse for those who live in His will!...but for those who do not, their only excuse is..."...no one can not sin."...but of course they think that...for they are not born-again into the character of Christ...they are not expected to not sin...because they do not live under Grace...nor do they utilize the power of the Holy Spirit...instead they reject it...and blame God or other's who do...I expect nothing more from them.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
You are the one not living under Grace and liberty if you are trying to put people back under bondage to the Law....There are 613 Laws and it clearly states in scripture that if you are not walking in all of them that you are still under the curse of the Law...

Old 06-27-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Gal 4:20 I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.
Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Old 06-27-2010, 11:00 AM

19,046 posts, read 9,269,061 times
8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,”a and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”b 10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Can someone tell me how keeping the sabbath whether you believe it's Saturday or Sunday is loving your neighbor as yourself .

Old 06-27-2010, 11:50 AM

5,620 posts, read 2,855,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’Matthew 25

The day i believe i am obeying God is the day i should give up .
We must obey God in order to be saved. IF Christ is in You then Christ is OBEDIENT in you. It isn't about what WE can do but what HE does. If Christ be in you then the obedient mind of Christ is in you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity