U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 AM
 
5,431 posts, read 2,547,346 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Yes, and you still lack understanding of what I was and am saying.

Jesus had flesh just as we do., but Jesus did not have the lusts of the flesh for they are of the devil.

As I have pointed out a number of times, hunger and thirst, lust and Jealousy are not sinful in themselves, for if they are we sin when we hunger and thirst after rightiousness, the spirit sins when it lusts after the flesh and God sins because He is a Jeaslous God.

All these things God gave us are to be used for good, but the devil plays on them and uses what was given for good that evil might come of them.

Therefore LUSTS of the FLESH is not talking about the lust in man that God gave us, it is talking about mans lusts in union with satan.

And Jesus never had any union with satan, therefore never had any LUST OF THE FLESH.
Again, you double speak. Here is your post from before where you clearly say that Jesus doesn't have the same flesh as we do:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10162501-post268.html

To quote you:

" never claimed such a thing,(that is very missleading) I said His FLESH is different than ours."




Paul
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Canada
3,538 posts, read 1,346,579 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Again, you double speak. Here is your post from before where you clearly say that Jesus doesn't have the same flesh as we do:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10162501-post268.html

To quote you:

" never claimed such a thing,(that is very missleading) I said His FLESH is different than ours."




Paul
eek gad, have you ever tried to get a point across in different manners because the person you are speaking with cannot seem to grasp what you are saying?

Jesus flesh is different than ours because He never had the lust of the flesh which are of the devil.

He never had any union with satan.

Our flesh is corrupt because of our union with satan, not because God made our flesh corrupt.

But you probably still won't understand this concept.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:42 AM
 
3,552 posts, read 2,745,158 times
Reputation: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.....
But...one question, are you saying in the bold, that we well/can continue to sin and because of Christ, what He did on the cross is why we are pure? Instead of Him cleansing and changing our hearts, giving us the Holy Spirit whom strengthens us to overcome sin and make one pure?

Blessings
No..lol. That is why I said it like they say it. Some people claim the righteousness of Jesus as their own righteousness. They claim it no different than a bride would claim the home of the groom, or any other possesion of the groom's. But what if the marriage was never ratified?

We are purified at the moment of conversion, being washed of our previous sins and they are remembered no more. This moment of conversion, is the moment that a person declares who their BrideGroom is, and the heavens delcare this person is set aside from ALL the rest of this world of the fallen.

But this is not marriage. We are a people being prepared for marriage. Rev 21:7 But the marriage to Christ HAS to be people who are pure and holy. Why? Because He is pure and holy.

I have read, and read, and prayed, and sought wisdom regarding this topic, concerning sin, and why it happens, and what brings it on. It is us, and there is no one else to blame. We choose how to act. We choose to think about unholy thoughts. We choose to have idols. This one was hard for myself, because I was raised in a house that said all the idols were gone, when the "other" religions had passed away. Boy, was I and they wrong on that one.

We seek Him. As long as our eyes stay focused on Him, He draws us near to Him.

Think of it like walking down the isle. We start off by wearing the colors of a harlot queen because there is none righteous! As we walk, we are being transformed into what He desires out of a bride, as long as we do not take our gaze offf of Him. As we walk closer and closer,,,then our colors are dissolved and the dress becomes RED. It is dipped with the blood He shed on our behalf. As we then walk towards Him, not taking our eyes offf of Him, the red blood is slowly taken away, and the dress is left being white, and pure. Our eyes were never taken off of Him, and when we say "I do", we accept Him into our hearts, unionized by the Father, and we are forever more known as the Bride of Christ. The Father sees us as He sees His own Son. The SAME! We are adopted by marriage and called "sons of God". We cry Abba Father! This is as beautiful as it gets, in this analogy.

But, there are those who say we can walk that isle, with the colors of the harlot,,to the end. They have the blood dripping off the dress, but it never leaves the dress, revealing the white underneath. They cry "I Do", but He doesn't. How could He? For He doesn't know them, for they are not standing next to Him. They are sinners without repentance, and it seperates Him from them. A great gulf that cannot be passed over until the change in heart is pure.

I hope this makes some sense. And no, I don't want anyone to think 'ol Hot has this new heart, for I do not. I am but a wretch wearing filthy harlot rags still. Serving other masters, and worshipping other idols.

But I am NOT taking my gaze off of Him for too long, because every time I do, I stumble. I continue walking down that isle. And by his Grace, I will make it to the end, spotless, blameless, and wearing white. It is my faith walk. I believe this Father! With everything that I am, I believe this.

Latte Chic, I hope this clarifies it a bit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:43 AM
 
5,431 posts, read 2,547,346 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
eek gad, have you ever tried to get a point across in different manners because the person you are speaking with cannot seem to grasp what you are saying?

Jesus flesh is different than ours because He never had the lust of the flesh which are of the devil.

He never had any union with satan.

Our flesh is corrupt because of our union with satan, not because God made our flesh corrupt.

But you probably still won't understand this concept.
I just want others to see that when you claim lusts of the flesh - that you don't mean to imply that Jesus had to overcome lusts of the His own flesh. Whereas we do. Thus you don't see Jesus tempted in all points as we are. You believe that Jesus has a flesh that is DIFFERENT from ours (by your own statements).

Paul
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Canada
3,538 posts, read 1,346,579 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
No..lol. That is why I said it like they say it. Some people claim the righteousness of Jesus as their own righteousness. They claim it no different than a bride would claim the home of the groom, or any other possesion of the groom's. But what if the marriage was never ratified?

We are purified at the moment of conversion, being washed of our previous sins and they are remembered no more. This moment of conversion, is the moment that a person declares who their BrideGroom is, and the heavens delcare this person is set aside from ALL the rest of this world of the fallen.

But this is not marriage. We are a people being prepared for marriage. Rev 21:7 But the marriage to Christ HAS to be people who are pure and holy. Why? Because He is pure and holy.

I have read, and read, and prayed, and sought wisdom regarding this topic, concerning sin, and why it happens, and what brings it on. It is us, and there is no one else to blame. We choose how to act. We choose to think about unholy thoughts. We choose to have idols. This one was hard for myself, because I was raised in a house that said all the idols were gone, when the "other" religions had passed away. Boy, was I and they wrong on that one.

We seek Him. As long as our eyes stay focused on Him, He draws us near to Him.

Think of it like walking down the isle. We start off by wearing the colors of a harlot queen because there is none righteous! As we walk, we are being transformed into what He desires out of a bride, as long as we do not take our gaze offf of Him. As we walk closer and closer,,,then our colors are dissolved and the dress becomes RED. It is dipped with the blood He shed on our behalf. As we then walk towards Him, not taking our eyes offf of Him, the red blood is slowly taken away, and the dress is left being white, and pure. Our eyes were never taken off of Him, and when we say "I do", we accept Him into our hearts, unionized by the Father, and we are forever more known as the Bride of Christ. The Father sees us as He sees His own Son. The SAME! We are adopted by marriage and called "sons of God". We cry Abba Father! This is as beautiful as it gets, in this analogy.

But, there are those who say we can walk that isle, with the colors of the harlot,,to the end. They have the blood dripping off the dress, but it never leaves the dress, revealing the white underneath. They cry "I Do", but He doesn't. How could He? For He doesn't know them, for they are not standing next to Him. They are sinners without repentance, and it seperates Him from them. A great gulf that cannot be passed over until the change in heart is pure.

I hope this makes some sense. And no, I don't want anyone to think 'ol Hot has this new heart, for I do not. I am but a wretch wearing filthy harlot rags still. Serving other masters, and worshipping other idols.

But I am NOT taking my gaze off of Him for too long, because every time I do, I stumble. I continue walking down that isle. And by his Grace, I will make it to the end, spotless, blameless, and wearing white. It is my faith walk. I believe this Father! With everything that I am, I believe this.

Latte Chic, I hope this clarifies it a bit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:55 AM
 
9,538 posts, read 4,938,139 times
Reputation: 17599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Only through the good, perfect gift of faith, which cometh down from above, from the Father of lights...can the one which receives it, have the power within themselves, through the Spirit of God, overcome sin...only this one actually has it "written upon their heart" to do so out of the love they have for Him.

Yes, I do understand this...it is the Word of God. The ten commandments are not hard to keep...they just aren't...I don't understand why so many refuse to understand this.
You have no idea, nor do you understand, "...the peace that passes all understanding..." that fills my entire being pcamps. It isn't "judgment hanging over my head," at all. It's something I love keeping...all of His commandments...I've never known such peace...such hope...such joy!

No, it isn't. No, it doesn't. I do not condemn you, any of you...these words are not my own, they come from God. There is no condemnation for those who are IN Christ Jesus...according to His purpose. If one feels condemned...they must repent, and turn away from their sin...and He is faithful to hear! I pray for everyone ...that they come to the knowledge of the truth...I do what I do out of the love that is in my heart for my brothers and sisters...I serve the LORD...I love you! I want you all to enter into the Kingdom!

In Christ's love,
Verna.
Amen.....and do know what your saying, Verna! It is of the heart, not the mind....
When you love someone with all your heart you want to do everything that pleases them! It's out of love! Don't people remember when they found their spouse....you have such a love for them and don't want to do anything that would hurt them... you made their favorite pie or for the man you brought flowers.....just anything that pleased and honored that individual in your life....It isn't because you had/have too honor, please, obey which is a yoke of bondage! BIG difference!!!
Jesus said,
John 14:15-16
If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.

John 14:23-24
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word: and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.

And James does say....
1:12
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:56 AM
 
Location: RI
18,076 posts, read 8,221,150 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Camps I should have also added we are not there yet because we don't obey. Obedience and walking in the spirit imo walk hand in hand, if we would be obedient we would always be walking in the spirit, the problem is we are not always obedient.
Like i said on a earlier post we are a work in progress . He's the author and finisher of our faith. He will complete that which He as started in us.

I also believe the words of G Campbell Morgan to be true

the nearer a man lives to his Lord, the less he announces his nearness in actual words .

I know when it comes to keeping the comandments of God i am totally bankrupt. You and Verna may have that ability to do so, i certainly do not.

Do i continually walk in the Spirit ? absolutely not . Am i concerned that i don't ? absolutely not , i believe God is working(continually) in me to both will and to do of His good pleasure. My life is in His hands.

The more i behold Him , the more i become like Him.
Him whose all together lovely, and who is the fairest of ten thousand .

The question is , what is your concept of God ? , because that is who you are becoming like.


Fragrance of the Rose of Sharon by G. Campbell Morgan - SermonIndex.net audio sermons
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:56 AM
 
3,552 posts, read 2,745,158 times
Reputation: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.....and do know what your saying, Verna! It is of the heart, not the mind....
When you love someone with all your heart you want to do everything that pleases them! It's out of love! Don't people remember when they found their spouse....you have such a love for them and don't want to do anything that would hurt them... you made their favorite pie or for the man you brought flowers.....just anything that pleased and honored that individual in your life....It isn't because you had/have too honor, please, obey which is a yoke of bondage! BIG difference!!!
Jesus said,
John 14:15-16
If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.

John 14:23-24
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word: and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.

And James does say....
1:12
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2009, 11:57 AM
 
5,431 posts, read 2,547,346 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like i said on a earlier post we are a work in progress . He's the author and finisher of our faith. He will complete that which He as started in us.

I also believe the words of G Campbell Morgan to be true

the nearer a man lives to his Lord, the less he announces his nearness in actual words .

I know when it comes to keeping the comandments of God i am totally bankrupt. You and Verna may have that ability to do so, i certainly do not.

Do i continually walk in the Spirit ? absolutely not . Am i concerned that i don't ? absolutely not , i believe God is working(continually) in me to both will and to do of His good pleasure. My life is in His hands.

The more i behold Him , the more i become like Him.
Him whose all together lovely, and who is the fairest of ten thousand .

The question is , what is your concept of God ? , because that is who you are becoming like.


Fragrance of the Rose of Sharon by G. Campbell Morgan - SermonIndex.net audio sermons
Then if your continuing in sin then by your fruits we will know your not one of His, correct?

Paul
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2009, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Canada
3,538 posts, read 1,346,579 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I just want others to see that when you claim lusts of the flesh - that you don't mean to imply that Jesus had to overcome lusts of the His own flesh. Whereas we do. Thus you don't see Jesus tempted in all points as we are. You believe that Jesus has a flesh that is DIFFERENT from ours (by your own statements).

Paul
Again you add something from you own understanding to what I have said.

Jesus was tempted in all points as we are, from without the body, satan was never in union with Jesus, our temptation only comes from within because we allow satan to unite with us.

Jesus said all these LUSTS OF THE FLESH come from this world and He also said He was NOT of this world.

Therefore He did not have the LUSTS OF THE FLESH.

But that does not mean He was not tempted by the LUSTS OF THE FLESH, it just means He was NOT tempted inwardly but from without.

The problem you have with this concept Paul is because you don't beleive satan is a real being but just the fleshly life in man.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top