Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 10:58 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
You have no idea what you are talking of anything I have said (where is the thumbs down when you need it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 11:01 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Pneuma i am not 100% sure either , but i believe fully if we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh , but none of us are there yet , none of us have arrived at that yet, the moment we think we have we will end up flat on our faces.
Then honestly can anyone say they have been "born again"? Because if they have been born again of the spirit,,,by the Spirit,,then neither spirit could possiblely sin. Jesus did not sin, and if Jesus in His Spirit is living in the hearts of men, then theey should not sin either,,,otherwise we risk saying that Jesus had sinned.

How can a person be the bride of Christ, when the bride is the direct representation of the groom? Think about this logically,,and we don't need mounds of scripture, because they all say the same thing. Blameless, spotless, chast, wearing white. For those who claim to be the bride of Christ, and yet continue in sin,,,would this not be the representation of a harlot? Committing adultry? Serving two masters? On, and on.

Being cleansed by the blood of Christ is a fact, for Christians who believe. Having a heart, unionized with Christ, through a covenant of marriage, is a completely other topic. The bride must remain pure,,,and as many that would say that Christ is the one who keeps the bride pure? That is like saying that Christ is responsible FOR our sin, which in my opinion, is blasphemy.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:07 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
where the heck did you find that little fellow?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:07 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking of anything I have said (where is the thumbs down when you need it)
Pneuma, sure I do. We went pages in discussion regarding it. You claimed that Jesus had a different flesh than men do and that didn't have to be overcome.

Here you are here even mentioning it:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10186762-post325.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10162501-post268.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10158610-post245.html

and many more...

Paul

Old 08-22-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Then honestly can anyone say they have been "born again"? Because if they have been born again of the spirit,,,by the Spirit,,then neither spirit could possiblely sin. Jesus did not sin, and if Jesus in His Spirit is living in the hearts of men, then theey should not sin either,,,otherwise we risk saying that Jesus had sinned.

How can a person be the bride of Christ, when the bride is the direct representation of the groom? Think about this logically,,and we don't need mounds of scripture, because they all say the same thing. Blameless, spotless, chast, wearing white. For those who claim to be the bride of Christ, and yet continue in sin,,,would this not be the representation of a harlot? Committing adultry? Serving two masters? On, and on.

Being cleansed by the blood of Christ is a fact, for Christians who believe. Having a heart, unionized with Christ, through a covenant of marriage, is a completely other topic. The bride must remain pure,,,and as many that would say that Christ is the one who keeps the bride pure? That is like saying that Christ is responsible FOR our sin, which in my opinion, is blasphemy.
Amen.....
But...one question, are you saying in the bold, that we well/can continue to sin and because of Christ, what He did on the cross is why we are pure? Instead of Him cleansing and changing our hearts, giving us the Holy Spirit whom strengthens us to overcome sin and make one pure?

Blessings

Old 08-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Pneuma i am not 100% sure either , but i believe fully if we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh , but none of us are there yet , none of us have arrived at that yet, the moment we think we have we will end up flat on our faces.
Camps I should have also added we are not there yet because we don't obey. Obedience and walking in the spirit imo walk hand in hand, if we would be obedient we would always be walking in the spirit, the problem is we are not always obedient.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
where the heck did you find that little fellow?
LOL....my source, Smilies « INT-WORLD.com!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Pneuma, sure I do. We went pages in discussion regarding it. You claimed that Jesus had a different flesh than men do and that didn't have to be overcome.

Here you are here even mentioning it:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10186762-post325.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10162501-post268.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10158610-post245.html

and many more...

Paul
Yes, and you still lack understanding of what I was and am saying.

Jesus had flesh just as we do, but Jesus did not have the lusts of the flesh for they are of the devil.

As I have pointed out a number of times, hunger and thirst, lust and Jealousy are not sinful in themselves, for if they are we sin when we hunger and thirst after rightiousness, the spirit sins when it lusts after the flesh and God sins because He is a Jeaslous God.

All these things God gave us are to be used for good, but the devil plays on them and uses what was given for good that evil might come of them.

Therefore LUSTS of the FLESH is not talking about the lust in man that God gave us, it is talking about mans lusts in union with satan.

And Jesus never had any union with satan, therefore never had any LUST OF THE FLESH.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
LOL....my source, Smilies « INT-WORLD.com!!!
thanks for the link

Old 08-22-2009, 11:27 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Verna the glaring difference between the OT and NT is "one we were supposed to keep" the other "keeps us".What the law could not do , God did.
Only through the good, perfect gift of faith, which cometh down from above, from the Father of lights...can the one which receives it, have the power within themselves, through the Spirit of God, overcome sin...only this one actually has it "written upon their heart" to do so out of the love they have for Him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps
James said
10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Verna do you realize and understand if you offend in one point of the commandment you are guilty of offending in all the commandments.
Yes, I do understand this...it is the Word of God. The ten commandments are not hard to keep...they just aren't...I don't understand why so many refuse to understand this.
Quote:
There is absolutely no way you can have real peace in your heart with this judgement hanging over your head.
You have no idea, nor do you understand, "...the peace that passes all understanding..." that fills my entire being pcamps. It isn't "judgement hanging over my head," at all. It's something I love keeping...all of His commandments...I've never known such peace...such hope...such joy!
Quote:
It's legalisic, will bring unnecessary condemnation on yourself and it will bring condemnation out of your own heart towards those who do not keep the commandments, this is the nature of fallen man under the law.
No, it isn't. No, it doesn't. I do not condemn you, any of you...these words are not my own, they come from God. There is no condemnation for those who are IN Christ Jesus...according to His purpose. If one feels condemned...they must repent, and turn away from their sin...and He is faithful to hear! I pray for everyone ...that they come to the knowledge of the truth...I do what I do out of the love that is in my heart for my brothers and sisters...I serve the LORD...I love you! I want you all to enter into the Kingdom!

In Christ's love,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity